Last updated: 4 weeks ago
3101 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

What the hell

Hi Everyone,

I have been off the threads for a while. But now I am getting very cheesed off with the way IB are handling this Project. First they shift the swimming pool from front of my flat in the Master Pan and now this ridiculous letter stating that the area might be different from what was proposed earlier. What the hell is this. I had taken up the swimming pool matter quite strongly. I was even assured by IB management that they will change the Master Plan to reflect what was initially shown to us but that has not been done yet. Has anyone else complained about this to IB. I am very upset with the manner this Project has been handled or should I say mis-handled by IB.

Comment

Originally posted by siddeshams View Post
      I have also received the letter with the same statement,
      However I had enquired the same with Customer care. they are assured as below, don,t worry

fromcustomer.care <customer.careindiabulls.com>
      dateFri, Jun 18, 2010 at 6:30 PM
      subjectRE: Clarification on the 2nd intimation letter. for the Flat No. L1502
      hide details Jun 18 (3 days ago)

Dear Mr. Siddesha,

As per our telephonic discussion kindly be rest assured, extra money shall be charged if there is an increase in the carpet area.

Assuring you of our best services always.

Regards,

Customer Care Team.
      Hi Siddesha,

can you please ask them what was the carpet area then vis a vis your built up area. And what is it now with the new built up area?

I believe the end result will be the same if the Loading % is the same.

And as Wadia says we will all end up paying more than the original cost.

We have to take this up jointly with them very soon.

Comment

what the hell is this....

THANKS MR WADIA FOR UR REPLY..BUT THIS IS SOMETHING TOOOOO MUCH IF INDIA BULLS WILL CHARGE SOMETHING MORE THAN THEY HAVE SHOWN EACH OF US THE CALCULATIONS...FOR THEM 5 TO 6 LAKHS IS NORMAL BUT OUR INVESTMENT CALCULATION GOES WRONG..PLZ LETS ALL OF US COME TOGETHER AND FIGHT FOR THIS SITUATION COZ THIS IS TOOOOO MUCH..WAT DO U FEEL MR WADIA??LETS FIND SOME WAY...PLZ ALL OF U REPLY UR VIEWS HOW TO GO ABOUT ALL THIS...

Comment

Originally posted by Punit22
          I think this is possitive, if one has investmnet outlook - its like if i am into a business of mango's and have ordered 5 dozens Rs.22/- and before receiving the delivery of the consigment i come to know that the rates has gone up to Rs.29/-, i would have repended saying if only i had ordered more at the lower rate, but after which get the delivery of the consigment of 7 doz against 5 doz ordered for Rs.22/-, i will be happy to receive more at the old rate

Rates are bound to go upwards and getting more area old rate is only value additions to the smart and timely investment decission taken by each one of us
          I kind of agree with Punit

Comment

Originally posted by Punit22
            I think this is possitive, if one has investmnet outlook - its like if i am into a business of mango's and have ordered 5 dozens Rs.22/- and before receiving the delivery of the consigment i come to know that the rates has gone up to Rs.29/-, i would have repended saying if only i had ordered more at the lower rate, but after which get the delivery of the consigment of 7 doz against 5 doz ordered for Rs.22/-, i will be happy to receive more at the old rate

Rates are bound to go upwards and getting more area old rate is only value additions to the smart and timely investment decission taken by each one of us
            I think what IB meant was that everyone pays for the new area. So as Bhushan said he will have to pay 5.5 lakhs extra. And so will all people who bought before December will have to pay 2-5 lakhs more than price quoted when booking.

This does not make sense as they have just changed the meaning of dozen. You have to buy 7 dozen to get your 60 mangoes!!

Comment

Dear all,

As mentioned in my previous post the area of my unit#4 in wing H has been revised from 1407 (last year before Dec'09) to 1633 (current). Since I am having the layouts with both old and new areas, I thought it would be a good exercise to compare the individual parts of my flat on one to one basis (ie new area v/s old area). The results are as follows:

Please note that the following comparison is
              new total sqft area v/s old total sqft area:

1. Guest Bedroom (GB): 120.00 v/s 126.00
              2. GB Toilet : 32.66 v/s 36.80
              3. Living Room (LR) : 243.80 v/s 230.00
              4. LR Toilet : 27.14 v/s 19.16
              5. Balcony : 42.40 v/s 36.48
              6. Dry Yard : 26.60 v/s 24.00
              7. Kitchen : 88.16 v/s 92.80
              8. Wide passage : 36.00 v/s 30.00
              9. Kid's Bed Room : 110.00 v/s 116.00
              10Master BedRm (MBR): 151.58 v/s 150.00
              11 MBR Toilet : 36.80 v/s 36.80

Total : 915.14 v/s 898.04 (difference of 17.1sqft only)

The actual images of the new (1633sqft) and old (1407sqft) layouts are attached herewith, so please bring to my notice of any error(s) that anyone of you recognise, I might have made in the above calculations, so that i can edit this post accordingly.

The areas that I couldn't include here because of non-availability of the sq.footage for one or both (of new and old layout) are as follows:

1. Foyer
              2. Service / Utility area
              3. All flower bed areas
              4. Miscellaneous (Pooja, shoe rack, ducts etc.)

note: miscellaneous areas which were available on the old layout are not even shown on the new layout on IB website.

Even if we consider the above calculated area to be 75&#37; and the those areas that haven't been included to be 25% of the total carpet area, even then the total increase in the actual carpet area wouldn't exceed 25sq.ft. as against the 226sq ft. increment in the super builtup area.This itself is a clear proof of how IB is trying to rake-in more money from all those who booked their units before Dec'09.

Having said all that lets be assured that if the cost price increases so does the re-sale value of your flat will increased as all of us are going to pay only as much as it is mentioned in the sales agreement and that is not going to change when one of us decides to sell the same flat.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bhushank4; June 23 2010, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Floor plan change
                I was quite obvious that they were going to increase the floor area as it waa showing so in the website with increased area ever since they launched 2nd phase. But when I asked them they said that the floor area of phase 2 is reflecting in phase 1 by mistake and there is no real change. But I was expecting this to happen any day as we now know their nature.

Opportunity
                But personally I believe that it is an opportinity as we will get more floor area at the old price. But I can understand very well that it may affect the tight calculations many of us have made.

Carpet area (Bhushan)
                In the new carpet area the cupboards are not counted as it is going inside the walls. But in the previos one that area is in the room and as we put a cupboard, practically we will loose that area.
                Secondly, I think the flower bed is coming in the super built up, (but I am not very sure) as one cannot stand there like a balcony and it is only for placing flower pots.

Bhushan, what was the carpet area mentioned by IB when u booked the 1407 flat?? It was 30% reduction or 33% reduction??

Comment

Originally posted by indiabulls View Post
                  Floor plan change
                  But when I asked them they said that the floor area of phase 2 is reflecting in phase 1 by mistake and there is no real change. But I was expecting this to happen any day as we now know their nature.
                  You should not be expecting this. This is cheating. If you were sold the flat at certain price they should not increase the price. They are asking for 5.5 lakhs for 17 sqft!!!

Opportunity
                  But personally I believe that it is an opportinity as we will get more floor area at the old price. But I can understand very well that it may affect the tight calculations many of us have made.
                  No opportunity at all!!! Don't be under this mis-belief!!
                  If after 4 years I come to you as a buyer I will consider the price of the flat not as per the super built-up jotted on the agreement but as per the carpet area.
                  I will be ready to pay the same price for 1407 sqft flat and 1633 sqft flat because I know they are the same.

As per the MoFA act the builder cannot increase the super-built-up area of the flat. Dont pay them 5.5 lakhs extra for the same flat. If it was their mistake in calculating the loading then they hav to live with it. They cannot expect you to bear the cost of their mistake.

Atleast 500 flats were sold like this. Lets all get together. When you bought the flat you made the descision to buy considering the cost. At that time if they would have told you 5.5 lakhs extra then maybe you would have bought somewhere else. Maybe Bhushan would have bought his second flat in Hirco as well.

If they mis-guided about the price of the flat, took 20&#37; in installments and did not admit their mistake for 6 months then this will be treated by consumer court as cheating.

Imagine you bought a car, paid 20% in EMI and then after 6 months Suzuki calls you to say that sorry we made a mistake calculating the manufacturing cost of the car and hence you have to pay 1 lakh extra!!! Are all the buyers thumb-impression guys and the IB guys the IIM gards in black coat!!

Plans can be termed as tentaive but price can never be considered tentative. You should pay what you signed up for. Don't pay 5.5 lakhs extra for nothing!!!!

Carpet area (Bhushan)
                  In the new carpet area the cupboards are not counted as it is going inside the walls. But in the previos one that area is in the room and as we put a cupboard, practically we will loose that area.
                  Secondly, I think the flower bed is coming in the super built up, (but I am not very sure) as one cannot stand there like a balcony and it is only for placing flower pots.

Bhushan, what was the carpet area mentioned by IB when u booked the 1407 flat?? It was 30% reduction or 33% reduction??

All in all I think that people who are asked to pay extra should cancel the agreement. Apart from your personal profit it is a matter as to whether you morally agree to let someone like IB cheat you.
                  I kept telling you guys that IB had something evil in their mind when they did not sign the booking agreement. This may very well be one of the reasons.

I am not affected by this but rather than being unhappy that I had to pay for extra loading I am more concerned that someone like IB can cheat you people like this. I am a bhakt insaan who thinks that we should all live a good life, never cheat and live our life in the praise of our God. IB kind of behaviour incites my irk. 1) No clarification on clearance 2) 5 day notice for payments 3) Not answering emails 4) Changing the swimming pool location 5) 6 months delay in project commencement 6) Changing the price of the flat
                  On top of it they have send you the email-id of their ceo. Make sure you send a email with these point to Rajiv Rattan.

It is a shame if educated people let someone cheat them like this. Wake-up guys!! United we stand, divided we fall.

First thing first: All of you call/visit IB and ask them to give in writing as to what super-built up area they will charge you. Maybe there is a mis-understanding. But it is very important that this is clarified.
                  Last edited by wadia; June 23 2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by indiabulls View Post
                    Floor plan change

When I booked my flat in IB back in oct'09 they couldn't give me any details about carpet area / reduction.

And I just wonder if that would have made any difference 'coz IB has been doing what it wants to anyways.... let it be swapping the locations of pool with garden or adding another 226 sq ft of super builtup to the original area.

Nevertheless you can more or less calculate the carpet area to be in the range of 1000 to 1050 sq ft from the old layout drawing that I have attached in my previous post....

Comment

Originally posted by wadia View Post

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by indiabulls
                      Floor plan change
                      But when I asked them they said that the floor area of phase 2 is reflecting in phase 1 by mistake and there is no real change. But I was expecting this to happen any day as we now know their nature.
                      You should not be expecting this. This is cheating. If you were sold the flat at certain price they should not increase the price. They are asking for 5.5 lakhs for 17 sqft!!!

Opportunity
                      No opportunity at all!!! Don't be under this mis-belief!!
                      If after 4 years I come to you as a buyer I will consider the price of the flat not as per the super built-up jotted on the agreement but as per the carpet area.
                      I will be ready to pay the same price for 1407 sqft flat and 1633 sqft flat because I know they are the same.

As per the MoFA act the builder cannot increase the super-built-up area of the flat. Dont pay them 5.5 lakhs extra for the same flat. If it was their mistake in calculating the loading then they hav to live with it. They cannot expect you to bear the cost of their mistake.

Atleast 500 flats were sold like this. Lets all get together. When you bought the flat you made the descision to buy considering the cost. At that time if they would have told you 5.5 lakhs extra then maybe you would have bought somewhere else. Maybe Bhushan would have bought his second flat in Hirco as well.

If they mis-guided about the price of the flat, took 20&#37; in installments and did not admit their mistake for 6 months then this will be treated by consumer court as cheating.

Imagine you bought a car, paid 20% in EMI and then after 6 months Suzuki calls you to say that sorry we made a mistake calculating the manufacturing cost of the car and hence you have to pay 1 lakh extra!!! Are all the buyers thumb-impression guys and the IB guys the IIM gards in black coat!!

Plans can be termed as tentaive but price can never be considered tentative. You should pay what you signed up for. Don't pay 5.5 lakhs extra for nothing!!!!

Carpet area (Bhushan)

All in all I think that people who are asked to pay extra should cancel the agreement. Apart from your personal profit it is a matter as to whether you morally agree to let someone like IB cheat you.
                      I kept telling you guys that IB had something evil in their mind when they did not sign the booking agreement. This may very well be one of the reasons.

I am not affected by this but rather than being unhappy that I had to pay for extra loading I am more concerned that someone like IB can cheat you people like this. I am a bhakt insaan who thinks that we should all live a good life, never cheat and live our life in the praise of our God. IB kind of behaviour incites my irk. 1) No clarification on clearance 2) 5 day notice for payments 3) Not answering emails 4) Changing the swimming pool location 5) 6 months delay in project commencement 6) Changing the price of the flat
                      On top of it they have send you the email-id of their ceo. Make sure you send a email with these point to Rajiv Rattan.

It is a shame if educated people let someone cheat them like this. Wake-up guys!! United we stand, divided we fall.

First thing first: All of you call/visit IB and ask them to give in writing as to what super-built up area they will charge you. Maybe there is a mis-understanding. But it is very important that this is clarified.
                      Bhushan did you call IB and get it clarified as to whether they actually mean to add the 226 sqft to your flat cost. Our basis is the letter, which when combined with the email, is a bit vague.
                      Last edited by wadia; June 23 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X