hi guys the latest info i heard is there is going to be tough time for builders and developers soon as some big names are going to fall
remember i predicted this for march 2010
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Yes.I am waiting for that too.
    CommentQuote
  • Show me some proof

What is the basis of that prediction??? Show me some evidence. All the economies are improving......
    Originally Posted by chanakya
    hi guys the latest info i heard is there is going to be tough time for builders and developers soon as some big names are going to fall
    CommentQuote
  • I'd be very surprised. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by catchnitin
    What is the basis of that prediction??? Show me some evidence. All the economies are improving......

You know economies are improving because you rely on Media just like all of us.

Media is paid - then do you really think someone who get paid for news will be all truthful always?

Govts. will never say that we are not doing good.

JFYI - Ireland & Greece & Spain are not doing good at all.

Dead cat bounce - is a trade term in markets, read abt. it.

When $700 billion CASH !!!!! will be released in world's market then do you think it will not be enough to cover things for at least a year & half or so???

People who are being over optimist at this time are those who have invested in properties peak & praying that they don't suffer a virtual loss.

Entry level housing unaffordable for middle class - symptom of bubble

& think for yourself if above symptom is prevailing in India or not.

also visit following threads.

ICICI etc. private players reducing interest to 8.25% is actually - they are coming down to their knees..

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/mumbai/t-navi-mumbai-property-crash-auctions-started-8110.html/?highlight=logix
    CommentQuote
  • well guys it is difficult to explain but those who have been thru SE asia crisis in 95-96 will be able to catch up with this fast. remember even then the things had skyrocketed and it seemed that common class will never make it , what i'm telling is still u will see some price hike no doubt in it but the big thud is just there. i will write more later
    CommentQuote
  • This is very intriguing. I'm loving the suspense. Please write soon! :D
    CommentQuote
  • some problem with this web every time i reply i m getting logged off
    CommentQuote
  • ok i will bring in some news with proof too and i am not here to create rumours (it is common mans dream to build house what is the fun playing on it) but surely it will take some time as they come from international markets with links to mumbai..
    CommentQuote
  • Still too early to say when ...

Chanakya,

Nice to see that someone is even more eager to see markets fall immediately than me! :D

But, there is a slight catch here. Most things in this world happen due to some cause (we may not be able to see, but its there). The reason the fall (which was overdue in Oct itself) has not happened is that the stimulus is substituting for private sector spending and keeping the markets propped up.

When a tyre is leaking, you need to keep pumping enough air into it to compensate and keep it inflated. When this pumping by regular method stops it will go flat. When Govt steps in, its as though you attached another pump and kept pumping.

To return to our builders, I believe that they have done the stupidest thing in their existence by raising prices (or at least making noises to do so) now, when they should have instead cut it significantly and moved inventory.

But, at the same time, they may not die off in March itself because many of them have been selling off their crown jewels (Wind power projects, hotel projects, corporate offices, etc) to lower debt. They are also rolling over old deb into new ones with a longer timeframe.

The cumulative effect of all this would be to keep them afloat for longer than you think and we can expect the worst for them around end-2010 or March 2011. Some may take even longer to get hit.

Just another point of view.

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • believe me guys i had just written something on similar lines yesterday but (the f***g) web logged me off when i pressed post reply tab..
    CommentQuote
  • Check out the fix in the post "moderator"

believe me guys i had just written something on similar lines yesterday but (the f***g) web logged me off when i pressed post reply tab..

Chanakya,

Don't get mad. The original Chanakya never got mad, but got even!!! ;)

Check out the fix in the post "moderator" I've posted a short while ago.

All the best and keep them coming ...

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • well now since today i see some out of the line message going thru i try to write in relative to real estate
    have u observed the markets in chennai and bangalore are finding difficulty in getting customers (versus dubai where i stay comparitively 50% of year u should see they have built rows and rows of apartments and villas but there r absolutely no takers only advantage they have is there is no monsoon so apartments look brand new althru the year but these sights are threatening) the view is 95-96 indonesia currency lost 80% value i.e 1 rs. became 20 paise this time around it is gulf.
    let me see if this message can get posted if yes then i'll continue
    CommentQuote
  • the second connection apart from dubai is qatar where some many oil and gas projects have been halted but the money is already inside half the way
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chanakya
    the second connection apart from dubai is qatar where some many oil and gas projects have been halted but the money is already inside half the way

Are you referring to this bit of news:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/575496-qatar-halts-further-development-of-lng-plants

They've done this in the past (2005), as mentioned in the article. Doesn't sound sinister at all...
    CommentQuote
  • ]http://www.arabianbusiness.com/575432-saudi-oil-giant-sees-manifa-field-production-delayed
    this was also lying next to it!!!
    but i know that you guys want to see something related to indian real estate correct don't worry i'll give u data from our financial institution that percolates the amount of money now the govt wants to get back...
    this was also lying next to it!!!
    but i know that you guys want to see something related to indian real estate correct don't worry i'll give u data from our financial institution that percolates the amount of money now the govt wants to get back...
    CommentQuote