Collapse

going down very soon !! all the best***

Last updated: July 1 2010
32 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : going down very soon !! all the best***

I think your message is quite sensible. The problem is most of the people start comparing India with US, Japan etc. Actually there is no comparison.

We are (just approximate figures, pl correct if wrong) 3-4 times less in total land mass then US, and more then 5 times in population. That makes all the difference. You can not compare US, Japan etc with India. The parameters and dynamics are entirely different. And with Indian middle class growing for the better, in the long term things might be quite different.

Anyways there are calls of depression n all from some worthy guys, but God only knows wats gonna happen. I dont think anybody ever predicted the depressions/bulls correctly. It seems BRIC nations can save the world. That's my belief, man anywhere i go in India, any restaurant, Mall, Dhaba etc it crazily fully occupied. Consumption is the key.

Rest leave it to God and enjoy life.

Originally posted by sreekys View Post
    Hi..there is no point in pulling up any ones prediction. Last year around Jan 09 people told me to wait until June when the market was expected to fall further well after the elections the prices suddenly started rising and the talk of 'green shoots' started doing the rounds and before you know prices were beyond reach. No matter what prediction even experts give you I think with a burgeoning demand for housing in a country like ours you cannot go too wrong with a decision to buy. Of course you need to decide on a good project and location depending on your capacity. Even some of my friends who bought in panic at peak prices are having a profit today on the apts purchased 2 years back. So my request to all is don't try to time the market. A home decision is also about your heart going out for that particular project and the vibes you get when you visit the site (apart from financial parameters of course). So just go ahead and take that call if ur heart says so!

Comment

Re : going down very soon !! all the best***

I appreciate but do not completely agree with the thought that profit in a residential property is notional.

If you are required to relocate - something that's becoming increasingly likely in this day and age - in order to take advantage of a better career opportunity, appreciation in your residential property would be tangible! It would also factor into your post-retirement calculations.
      Last edited by rawa13; July 1 2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X