Hi,

This is my first post on this forum though I have been reading it for quite sometime now and I found it realy useful as I was able to find out the cons of investing at a few properties which did interest me .
I am looking for a flat for investment purpose in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai with a modest budget of around Rs.18-20 lakhs. So, i attended this exhibition by BANM. One of the projects called Hex world and Hex city interested me.

The projects are under construction at Kharghar and the price also seems quite affordable. I will be probably b visiting the site next week.

Has anyone heard of it or invested in the same?
Read more
76 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Armstrong's Hexcity and Hexworld - Kharghar

Hi

There are few drawbacks for these projects:-

- Completion Time
    - Maintenance Charges - remember HexBlox will charge Rs 4.50/sq ft per month which is roughly Rs 5,000/-pm for a 2BHk flat. I asked the guys at Exhibition who refused to give the details in advance stating they are not yet decided but will be similar to HexBlox.
    - Lottery system for allocation

I've decided to look for some other projects.:o
    CommentQuote
  • Bullshit !!!

During the exhibition at Vashi, I also visited the stall (or the 3D theatre) of Hex City, Hex World; followed by a site visit to both the sites by the buses they had arranged.

Well, I think it's just much ado about nothing. Anyone who has visited these sites would agree. Although they claim these to be in Kharghar, those are nowhere near Kharghar, especially the Hex City. It's very very far - on the panvel - Thane road, around 1 or 2 kms past the Taloja railway station at which no trains halt and none of the local lines run.

The site has nothing at present, except the goods warehouses that are yet to be demolished before the groundwork to begin.

Despite the extremely poor connctivity, the price they are asking for is no less - almost Rs 3000 psf - that's a lot of money for such a remote area.

It would be nonsense to trust these guys and their majestic fanfare and show they arranged at the exhibition - all that pretty girls, ice cream, coffee, juices and the maginficient presentations - we don't want to pay for all that hullabullah, do we?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    During the exhibition at Vashi, I also visited the stall (or the 3D theatre) of Hex City, Hex World; followed by a site visit to both the sites by the buses they had arranged.

Well, I think it's just much ado about nothing. Anyone who has visited these sites would agree. Although they claim these to be in Kharghar, those are nowhere near Kharghar, especially the Hex City. It's very very far - on the panvel - Thane road, around 1 or 2 kms past the Taloja railway station at which no trains halt and none of the local lines run.

The site has nothing at present, except the goods warehouses that are yet to be demolished before the groundwork to begin.

Despite the extremely poor connctivity, the price they are asking for is no less - almost Rs 3000 psf - that's a lot of money for such a remote area.

It would be nonsense to trust these guys and their majestic fanfare and show they arranged at the exhibition - all that pretty girls, ice cream, coffee, juices and the maginficient presentations - we don't want to pay for all that hullabullah, do we?

In that case one has to have highly insane reasons to buy at that place..one has to consider a 12-15 years horizon for getting any money back.. 3000 psf is plain stupid to pay for something like this.

VK
    CommentQuote
  • In the name of affordable housing builders are taking land at very cheap rates in remote locatons and try to make money.

One of my friend visited same property exhibition he told me that people were blindly booking the flats just because rate is low. They even don't know that which flat they are buying. This is too much.

Buying house is one of the big decision one takes in life.
    CommentQuote
  • Oops... I forgot to mention the funniest part... Despite of spending a lot on free ice-creams, coffee, juice, choclates etc at the exhibition, these buggers were asking Rs. 500 for the brouchure and application form... can you believe????? And hey, altough one person next to me did the booking by giving them the cheque, still they asked him to buy the brochure for 500 bucks... well, how very rude of these builders, isn't it??? Just becasue people of flooding the builders offices madly, they treat the buyer like this...! "माजलेत साले बिल्डर्स.....", if I have to express my feelings in Marathi!
    CommentQuote
  • HexCity and Hexworld

Agreed, there were lot of show and marketing gimmicks by them.

Keeping that aside,
    Does anyone has any idea about the kind of projects comming near the Hexcity and Hexworld. ?

They were claiming that central park, ISCON temple, Metro railways will be nearby(in less that 2 km radius ) and airport wiil be in 5 km vicinity .

Any ideas on those proposed projects ?

Thanks
    Dev.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with the thought that are put in. The project is no way near the Kharghar Railway station or on the mumbai pune highway. I visited the same area to look at the development and the agent showed me a nearest bus stop next to the Panvel-taloja-thane road. so i feel it better not to buy this so called low budget flat. My sugession is that instead why not put in some more money and buy a flat in city limits.

Moreover the public transport in Kharghar is a big problem, you need to have 1 vehical per person if you stay in kharghar. I have been hearing this since past 5 years from my friends staying there.
    CommentQuote
  • Builders have created lot of hype about Kharghar. More that actual users, investors have invested in Kharghar in anticipation of all future developments. Currently not a good place to stay but if you have excess money , put in and stay in your current home if posssible give your kharghar falt on rent.
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 3000 psf does not sound like a cheap rate to me at least given the location of project with no train or bus connectivity.
    CommentQuote
  • Renting is better option than purchase

Dear All

We've nobody else to blame but ourselves only for this mess in the RE. It is a result of shear greed and nothing else. The poor is getting poorer day by day and rich is getting richer.

By God's help, I was able to buy a 2BHK ten years back when outright buy vs renting was in proportion and one has the choice either to buy or rent depending on the circumstances.

I'm trying to get a 3BHK for last two years out of family circumstances but is surprised to see the ever-increasing rates in the areas like Kharghar etc.

Once you ask a broker for even a 2BHK flat in 25-30 lacs, he laughs at you and put the down thinking why to waste his precious time for some poor chap who has come to Mumbai asking for 30 lacs 2 BHK house.

But same broker will not find any good client (who can give you a decent rent for your apartment) in case you want to rent out your premise. It is not all justified to buy a flat these days unless there is some social / family requirement. Renting is always better these days and one should not hesitate to stay on rented apartments whenever possible.

Sorry to see state of actual buyers... they can't afford the housing anymore. Thanks to builders like Armstrong, Indiabulls etc who have made mockery of the affordable housing segment.:(
    CommentQuote
  • Yes i strongly agree .. with all the responses on Hex city ... the address says Kharghar, on visit to site it was somewhere which is now so called Kharghar annexe :D (as per their sales ppl :) ). i dont think it is a good investment product nice tactics was used as these guys will take u thru Kharghar so tat a background is created that the site location is some where near kharghar (which is not so)
    CommentQuote
  • Am completely in sync with the general thought level. the way these guys are marketting, what with hundreds of ads, sms marketing, for once I thought this really seems like a good project. But the site visit very much opened my eyes.
    CommentQuote
  • If you buy flat in Hexcity or Hexworld you are the GREAT DONOR who partly paid for ice-cream ditrubuted during property exhibition.
    CommentQuote
  • I did not know about the Rs 500 for the brochure. After watching their 3D show, I had to rush back to Mumbai due to some emergency.

I was quite keen on Hexcity/Hexworld because a broker also suggested the same to me.

I consulted with a relative of mine who is a builder and I was advised to invest in a 1RK/1BHK kind of a flat within Mumbai city, given my budget constraints of Rs 20-25Lakhs.

As of now, I have decided to give up the idea of investing in Navi Mumbai.
    CommentQuote
  • The only area in Kharghar thats worth staying and worth investing at the moment is around Hiranandani Kharghar (Sector - 7). They have all the malls etc. there and its a nice surrounding and thats where most of the ppl from Kharghar and nearby hangout in the evenings and on weekends. The railway station is close by and u can walk if u like or get an auto which is easily available as well. There are a few projects in the area that are nearing completion (there's one by shah group I think) and some that have recently been completed. The rate in this area should be about 4500-5000. The other area in Kharghar that would be good in a couple of years is around Sector-20 (close to central park). Anything that is in Sector-35 or close to it, I would advise not to touch that even with a barge pole. You buy something in Sector-35 or close by and you will definitely regret it no matter what the price (the area is isolated and you would be stuck with the house for at least the next 5 years).
    CommentQuote