Last updated: 3 weeks ago
80 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Hex City & Hex World by Armstrong Group Kharghar Mumbai

Renting is better option than purchase

Dear All

We've nobody else to blame but ourselves only for this mess in the RE. It is a result of shear greed and nothing else. The poor is getting poorer day by day and rich is getting richer.

By God's help, I was able to buy a 2BHK ten years back when outright buy vs renting was in proportion and one has the choice either to buy or rent depending on the circumstances.

I'm trying to get a 3BHK for last two years out of family circumstances but is surprised to see the ever-increasing rates in the areas like Kharghar etc.

Once you ask a broker for even a 2BHK flat in 25-30 lacs, he laughs at you and put the down thinking why to waste his precious time for some poor chap who has come to Mumbai asking for 30 lacs 2 BHK house.

But same broker will not find any good client (who can give you a decent rent for your apartment) in case you want to rent out your premise. It is not all justified to buy a flat these days unless there is some social / family requirement. Renting is always better these days and one should not hesitate to stay on rented apartments whenever possible.

Sorry to see state of actual buyers... they can't afford the housing anymore. Thanks to builders like Armstrong, Indiabulls etc who have made mockery of the affordable housing segment.
    Last edited by sanjaykg; January 21 2010, 06:16 PM. Reason: Word is missing
    Kind regards.

SKG

Comment

Yes i strongly agree .. with all the responses on Hex city ... the address says Kharghar, on visit to site it was somewhere which is now so called Kharghar annexe (as per their sales ppl ). i dont think it is a good investment product nice tactics was used as these guys will take u thru Kharghar so tat a background is created that the site location is some where near kharghar (which is not so)

Comment

Am completely in sync with the general thought level. the way these guys are marketting, what with hundreds of ads, sms marketing, for once I thought this really seems like a good project. But the site visit very much opened my eyes.

Comment

If you buy flat in Hexcity or Hexworld you are the GREAT DONOR who partly paid for ice-cream ditrubuted during property exhibition.

Comment

I did not know about the Rs 500 for the brochure. After watching their 3D show, I had to rush back to Mumbai due to some emergency.

I was quite keen on Hexcity/Hexworld because a broker also suggested the same to me.

I consulted with a relative of mine who is a builder and I was advised to invest in a 1RK/1BHK kind of a flat within Mumbai city, given my budget constraints of Rs 20-25Lakhs.

As of now, I have decided to give up the idea of investing in Navi Mumbai.

Comment

The only area in Kharghar thats worth staying and worth investing at the moment is around Hiranandani Kharghar (Sector - 7). They have all the malls etc. there and its a nice surrounding and thats where most of the ppl from Kharghar and nearby hangout in the evenings and on weekends. The railway station is close by and u can walk if u like or get an auto which is easily available as well. There are a few projects in the area that are nearing completion (there's one by shah group I think) and some that have recently been completed. The rate in this area should be about 4500-5000. The other area in Kharghar that would be good in a couple of years is around Sector-20 (close to central park). Anything that is in Sector-35 or close to it, I would advise not to touch that even with a barge pole. You buy something in Sector-35 or close by and you will definitely regret it no matter what the price (the area is isolated and you would be stuck with the house for at least the next 5 years).
              Last edited by geeee; January 30 2010, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shabbo_Azmi View Post
                Oops... I forgot to mention the funniest part... Despite of spending a lot on free ice-creams, coffee, juice, choclates etc at the exhibition, these buggers were asking Rs. 500 for the brouchure and application form... can you believe????? And hey, altough one person next to me did the booking by giving them the cheque, still they asked him to buy the brochure for 500 bucks... well, how very rude of these builders, isn't it??? Just becasue people of flooding the builders offices madly, they treat the buyer like this...! "माजलेत साले बिल्डर्स.....", if I have to express my feelings in Marathi!

By seeing the responses on this forum regarding the Hexcity Project I was worried for some time as I have booked a 2 BHK Flat there. You are correct that they asked for Rs. 500/- for brohure on Exhibition day and even later when I visited their office at Hex Blox. I had a big argument with one of their employees at the Site when somebody asked that Armstrong should not increase rates in future citing some reasons and he implied that builders are all powerful in Mumbai, they have arrangement with Registration Office etc. etc. and hence they can can increase the prices in future. Later on I went met with owner of the Plot for Hexcity in their office. And he clarified that they won't take any other charges than those specified in the brochure. Basic cost of 2 BHK Flat the basic cost is 26.5 Lakh which goes to 29,40,100/- after including Registry, Stamp Duty and other Development charges. All details are available on their Website so instead of bying the brochure I took print out from the website.

All said and done in final analyses I believe that this project is not for those who want early possession for their own use. But for investment purposes it is not bad considering the developments coming in Kharghar and nearby. They themselves have fixed the price of 2 BHK as Rs. 30.5 Lakh in 2nd phase and Rs. 35 Lac in 3rd phase. So that much appreciation is at least sure.

As far as distance is concerned I measured that distance from Vashi Railway Station to the project site is 20.5 KM and I took 25 Minutes to reach the site on bike from Vashi/Sanpada via Vashi to Panvel Highway. This distance and traveling time is OK with me but locatin is not suitable for those who want to use Railway for commuting though in the next three some improvements may come.

Comment

Renting is wasting money.
                  EMI values goes down with inflation, you save tax and house prices go up.
                  Dont worry about tomorrow.
                  Get a loan and pay for the house. If tomorrow there is a problem you may be able to sell it for a premium.

Comment

Dear All,
                    thank you so much for giving information to me a someone looking for investment in property. i dont think khargar can give me good returns as rates are already so high.
                    what do we think about Boisar? you think good to invest?

Comment

Originally posted by jiahome View Post
                      Renting is wasting money.
                      EMI values goes down with inflation, you save tax and house prices go up.
                      Dont worry about tomorrow.
                      Get a loan and pay for the house. If tomorrow there is a problem you may be able to sell it for a premium.
                      provided economy continues its rising trend. Looking at speech of Obama , inflation rate ... seems some rough patch ahead cab be expected. Go into buying if you have some cushion to protect you for at least 1 or 2 years in case economy takes wrong turn.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X