Last updated: 3 weeks ago
172 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Octacrest by Lokhandwala Constructions in Kandivali, Mumbai

What?

vishal,
    i don't mean to be rude bud what kinda money do you make to already have an apartment and looking to buy one more at these prices. i am just trying to understand how people in india\mumbai think about investing. what about retirement, childrens education, medical expenses, unseen expenses etc.
    i am a nri with pretty decent income and i shudder to buy at these rates. i hope you reply.

Originally posted by vishalrpanchal View Post
    Excuse me, are u sure that still there are apartments available in Octacrest??

i had booked there in November in opening rates and i visited there just 3-4 days back to see the work on the site and sample flat and i inquired about flats availability (Since i wanna buy 1 more, coz i think its the best deal going around in that area) but i was told that all the flats r sold out??

i mean, they know me very well, since i visited there many times, y would they hide if apartments are available, they know i wanna book 1 more??

i think i will cross check with them.

Thanks for the info.

Vishal.

Comment

Hi,
      Yes why wont i reply??

I Did MBA and then did a job for a year or so, after that i started my own business on a small scale, which grew and is going fine, plus i am an actor (But that is purely for hobby), i am working in gujarti plays, my current play is also going super hit but mainly my business is doing good thats y.

I think that answers ur question.

Vishal.

Originally posted by catchnitin View Post
      vishal,
      i don't mean to be rude bud what kinda money do you make to already have an apartment and looking to buy one more at these prices. i am just trying to understand how people in india\mumbai think about investing. what about retirement, childrens education, medical expenses, unseen expenses etc.
      i am a nri with pretty decent income and i shudder to buy at these rates. i hope you reply.

Comment

Originally posted by vishalrpanchal View Post
        Hi,
        Yes why wont i reply??

I Did MBA and then did a job for a year or so, after that i started my own business on a small scale, which grew and is going fine, plus i am an actor (But that is purely for hobby), i am working in gujarti plays, my current play is also going super hit but mainly my business is doing good thats y.

I think that answers ur question.

Vishal.
        good going vishal. Good Luck, you are the champion who will show the Americans that India can grow through internal consumption and not just through IT outsorcing and BPO.

Comment

please dont have prejudice against IT , outsourcing and BPO

Originally posted by wadia View Post
          good going vishal. Good Luck, you are the champion who will show the Americans that India can grow through internal consumption and not just through IT outsorcing and BPO.
          please dont have prejudice against IT , outsourcing and BPO . like all other things this will also pass . just like tjhe clothing and marble industry passed from the hands of Indians to other countries like china and marbles to Italy ( like us Indians who want to proudly say "THIS IS ITALIAN MARBLE" boss Italy does not produce marble it imports from India and just polishes it .. like wise the IT , outsourcing and BPO will all go away just a matter of time and i mean atleast 10 yrs . then we just will have IPL and sweat equity

Comment

back of the envelope calculation

vishal,
            back of the envelope calculation for catchnitin
            90 lacs for 1st flat = 45 lacs upfront 45 lacs loan
            90 lacs for 2st flat = 45 lacs upfront 45 lacs loan

so a total of 90 lacs loan EMI will be atleast 1 lac a month that too if the banks think you are capable of paying EMI , if not loan ... if you pay up front then IT department would be after you cause 90 lacs is not a small amount . unless i am missing something and monthly expenses would be
            atleast 25 K

so that person should be earning more than 1 lac 50 thousand a month just to keep afloat

now you take that 90 lacs and put it in the bank and a decent 7%
            you would be getting 6 lacs 30 thousand a year that comes to 52 thousand a month which can get u a rental in i dont know atleast bandra or andheri .. am i making sense or just garbage ?? think about it

Comment

so you think buying real estate at these prices is a crap deal right?

Originally posted by boldm28 View Post
              back of the envelope calculation for catchnitin
              90 lacs for 1st flat = 45 lacs upfront 45 lacs loan
              90 lacs for 2st flat = 45 lacs upfront 45 lacs loan

so a total of 90 lacs loan EMI will be atleast 1 lac a month that too if the banks think you are capable of paying EMI , if not loan ... if you pay up front then IT department would be after you cause 90 lacs is not a small amount . unless i am missing something and monthly expenses would be
              atleast 25 K

so that person should be earning more than 1 lac 50 thousand a month just to keep afloat

now you take that 90 lacs and put it in the bank and a decent 7%
              you would be getting 6 lacs 30 thousand a year that comes to 52 thousand a month which can get u a rental in i dont know atleast bandra or andheri .. am i making sense or just garbage ?? think about it

Comment

wake up sid

so you think buying real estate at these prices is a crap deal right?
                wake up sid

Comment

wake up sid
                  Can u pass the rental flat to ur kids in inheritance?
                  After 20 years what will you do with that 90 lakhs in the bank, go buy channas or shengdane?
                  cant pay 1 lac in emi , paying rent is burning money , taking sanyas in himalaya is the right optionAny single gal on this forum who would like to njoi sanyas with me in himalayas
                  Last edited by wadia; April 18 2010, 02:09 PM.

Comment

dude!!

Originally posted by wadia View Post
                    Can u pass the rental flat to ur kids in inheritance?
                    After 20 years what will you do with that 90 lakhs in the bank, go buy channas or shengdane?
                    cant pay 1 lac in emi , paying rent is burning money , taking sanyas in himalaya is the right optionAny single gal on this forum who would like to njoi sanyas with me in himalayas
                    if u go to matunga , dadar , juhu , all have pagdi system . if you have time this week go to near the governors bungalow there is a chawl and they still have pagdi system . they were given a choice of 2 crs to vacate the chawl they refused look at that condition it might fall in a few yrs but people still live there and are waitin for their payday .... the reason i know this is cause it is my friends grandfathers building so dont give all the childrens and legacy bull

Comment

if u go to matunga , dadar , juhu , all have pagdi system . if you have time this week go to near the governors bungalow there is a chawl and they still have pagdi system . they were given a choice of 2 crs to vacate the chawl they refused look at that condition it might fall in a few yrs but people still live there and are waitin for their payday .... the reason i know this is cause it is my friends grandfathers building so dont give all the childrens and legacy bull
                      Man, you are talking of a chawl. If you have the land transferred and after 70 years you rebuild the building, where is the problem.
                      Compared to the cost of the land, the cost of constructing the building is a pittance.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X