X
Collapse

Last updated: December 17 2018
15 | Posts
5154 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started this thread to get some view and info about why is Panvel becoming a place where a lot of builders are building and why buyers are buying?

Am i missing something?

I do not see why would one buy in Panvel. The rate too does not look low. Properties in areas of Pune/Nasik are priced lower than that.

VK
    Last edited December 13 2016, 05:11 PM.

Re : Location : Panvel, Mumbai

For someone who has to stay in or around Mumbai property rates of Pune or Nashik are irrelevant. No matter how cheap Pune got I would never move there. So, you got to compare Panvel to areas around Mumbai. The rate in Panvel is about 3k. For a similar price the place you can get a house is Thane. So, the choice is between Thane and Panvel, if the rates in Thane went down by a lot I guess a lot of the people buying in Panvel would move there. Otherwise, are present rates Panvel looks like a good option with all the infrastructure planned for Navi Mumbai. People might argue that all that is just a plan but, sooner or later it will all eventually come up. Also, the current infrastructre in Navi Mumbai in terms of the roads, railway stations etc is pretty good to begin with. Also, there is a lot of land available there and Cidco has been doing a good job of allotting land for new projects so the builders keep coming with new projects and marketing along with that.

Comment

Even I have been thinking of the same. Travelling to Panvel from Mumbai takes around 1.5hrs. The journey via local train is very exhausting.

Plus there is no good infrastructure in that area. Commutation is a huge problem unless you own a vehicle.

Inspite of this, the rates being quoted are as much as the rates in smaller well-developed towns.

The airport has been proposed in Navi-Mumbai. But only the beaurocrats know how long the process will go on and how useful is the proximity of the airport to an average middle-class Mumbaikar for whom flying is a luxury and not necessarily an important mode of transport.

Is this spurt in property prices due to the investors or there is actually a scope of development in the near future?

Comment

Panvel is divided into two parts, one is new Panvel which comes under CIDCO navi mumbai ( this area is planned develpoment ) where as old panvel is like village very cramped infrastructure.

At current rates even new Panvel is not worth it. Old panvel is total mess. The rates have only gone up nothing is changed. It is like penny stocks who goes up when overall stock market/index goes up.

Comment

Originally posted by geeee View Post
          For someone who has to stay in or around Mumbai property rates of Pune or Nashik are irrelevant. No matter how cheap Pune got I would never move there. So, you got to compare Panvel to areas around Mumbai.
          In that cae i would say a person who has stayed in Mumbai knows Panvel can never ever be compared to Mumbai.

Besides if the talk is about investment.. then it does not really matter.

And if it is for Final staying then travelling from Panvel to Mumbai is a huge ask. Better than travelling from Panvel to Mumbai is to stay in a city where one works closeby.

VK

Comment

I agree Panvel, Thane, Dombivali, Kalyan and Extended Western Suburbs are places where builders are focussing.
            I think Mumbai has scope for all these areas to grow.
            Also treating places on the basis of their distance from South Mumbai was correct earlier but I presume as cities evolve new business districts do come up.

Comment

From VT to Thane the train journey is 1 hour & for fast train it is 40 mins. But within a 4 km raidus the prices are between 5000 psf - 7000 psf. Plus the station roads are very congested So on a slow train from VT to your home you invariably take 1.5 hrs. Now comparitively Kamothe (just before Panvel) is priced at 2500-3500 psf and almost all projects are within 1-2 kms of station. The train takes 1hr 10 mins to VT. And station roads are fantastic, very broad, so you end up reaching your home in 1hr 15 mins !! And Khaghar at 7 kms distance has all facilities for education & leisure. and in the next 6 years when the new airport comes up !!! prices in Kamothe will be near 8000-1000 psf

Comment

Originally posted by veeemkay View Post
                In that cae i would say a person who has stayed in Mumbai knows Panvel can never ever be compared to Mumbai.

Besides if the talk is about investment.. then it does not really matter.

And if it is for Final staying then travelling from Panvel to Mumbai is a huge ask. Better than travelling from Panvel to Mumbai is to stay in a city where one works closeby.

VK
                Well sure if someone has a choice of staying in some other city he could move elsewhere. But, if you don't have that choice and your budget is only about 3000 psf then Panvel or Thane are ur only choices. Between the two Panvel seems better.

Comment

Originally posted by keshiba View Post
                  From VT to Thane the train journey is 1 hour & for fast train it is 40 mins. But within a 4 km raidus the prices are between 5000 psf - 7000 psf. Plus the station roads are very congested So on a slow train from VT to your home you invariably take 1.5 hrs. Now comparitively Kamothe (just before Panvel) is priced at 2500-3500 psf and almost all projects are within 1-2 kms of station. The train takes 1hr 10 mins to VT. And station roads are fantastic, very broad, so you end up reaching your home in 1hr 15 mins !! And Khaghar at 7 kms distance has all facilities for education & leisure. and in the next 6 years when the new airport comes up !!! prices in Kamothe will be near 8000-1000 psf
                  I have been hearing this from the last 15 years. Vashi is coming up .. Vashi is coming up...
                  Surely there might be advantages like you mention..
                  Just think about it 1 and 1/2 hour (one way) travel time is considered "No Problem" nowdays.

Vk

Comment

Thane is no longer available at 3000 PSF. At Ghodbunder Rd more than 10 mk from station rates are more than 3000 PSf. Thane has better infrastructure than Panvel.

Comment

Tags: Panvel
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X