Hi All,

What is the stamp duty in Maharashtra ? I heard it's flat 6% of the agreement value.

But the below link is giving out some other formula

GIC Housing Finance Ltd.

Regards,
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Assessable Value is dependent on the value as per Ready Reckoner (published on Jan 1 every year). This is higher than the agreement value in most cases. Stamp Duty is applicable on Agreement Value or Ready Reckoner value which is higher at prescribed rates & slabs.
    However for old properties, you get a reduction in the value on account of depreciation, etc. (Website of Stamp Department is www.igrmaharashtra.gov.in/‎). Generally it is about 7 to 8% on an average.

A lawyer / ca / stamp duty consultant or local estate agent can also guide you to arrive at the exact value. For builder transactions, generally the sales team is aware of the rate applicable.
    CommentQuote
  • I'm not sure about Maharashtra as a whole, but I do know what it is in Mumbai. I have family members who live there; they've invested in a few properties and said that the stamp duty they had to pay was 1% of the property value. The govt has set the cap at 30,000 though; considering that the values of properties in Mumbai are ridiculously high, the stamp duty often comes up to a lot. I found some information about this online as well. You can check it out if you like. Here's the article I found. Home Registration Fees And Stamp Duty Charges In Mumbai - Article | roofontop.com
    I'm not sure if it will help you, but you should check it out nonetheless. Let me know if this helps.

Good luck! :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rheamehta
    I'm not sure about Maharashtra as a whole, but I do know what it is in Mumbai. I have family members who live there; they've invested in a few properties and said that the stamp duty they had to pay was 1% of the property value. The govt has set the cap at 30,000 though; considering that the values of properties in Mumbai are ridiculously high, the stamp duty often comes up to a lot. I found some information about this online as well. You can check it out if you like. Here's the article I found. Home Registration Fees And Stamp Duty Charges In Mumbai - Article | roofontop.com
    I'm not sure if it will help you, but you should check it out nonetheless. Let me know if this helps.

Good luck! :)

1% is NOT Stamp Duty as posted by you. I think you have not read the posted link by you. 1% is REGISTRATION . Registration is maximum RS30000.

info posted by "GeeKaay" is correct for the Stamp duty.
    For the under construction extra fees like VAT, Service Charge, is also paid.

"GeeKaay"
    CommentQuote