Another township coming up in Panvel!!

Presenting Godrej City - an integrated and self sufficient township, now poised to adorn Panvel, Mumbai. This ambitious new addition to the Godrej Properties' portfolio is slated to hit the city very soon. The township is replete with every conceivable amenity. The development spans over a whopping 150 acres with ample open spaces to give you a sprawling outdoor experience. A Frank Henegan 9 hole golf course awaits all golfing enthusiasts. The location is heralded to be the next big center of urban and civic development.
Read more
Reply
187 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • They have written it will have a 9hole golf course. If that happens then it would knock the far away locations of Indiabulls (savroli) and Lodha (Dombivli/ShilPhata) which are also selling themselves as a vacation home/golf course concept.

    Most people would prefer a direct connected area like Panvel for a golf course based occasional weekend home.
    CommentQuote
  • And a brand like Godrej to back the project will be an added attraction!
    CommentQuote
  • These townships in Panvel seems for high income group. Weekend homes....
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote


  • that is the ready ten year old complex in panvel
    CommentQuote
  • And rate 50% higher than prevailing rates with soaring other charges and maintenance costs.

    Just check the fall of Hirco / IB Panvel / Sliim Going of Lodha Casa Dvi
    CommentQuote
  • Right said ashishpatna, these townships are big flops for now unless some big employment hubs don't come in the area. Only Lodha Casa Bella is somewhat OK.



    Originally Posted by ashishpatna
    And rate 50% higher than prevailing rates with soaring other charges and maintenance costs.

    Just check the fall of Hirco / IB Panvel / Sliim Going of Lodha Casa Dvi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajpatel
    Right said ashishpatna, these townships are big flops for now unless some big employment hubs don't come in the area. Only Lodha Casa Bella is somewhat OK.


    Lodha's Dombivli/Shilphata projects can not be compared to Panvel based projects.

    Regarding Panvel and employment opportunities:
    Top Indian industry majors like Larsen & Toubro Limited, Reliance, Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd., ONGC, IPCL are based in Panvel providing mass employment.

    Panvel is near the JNPT port. JNPT port is the largest container port in India. It is the 33rd largest port in the world. The port handles over 65% of entire India's container traffic.

    Panvel is near some of the biggest MIDC regions like Patalganga, Taloja, Nagothane, Roha, Khopoli.
    CommentQuote
  • somewhat lodha also can compare only and only incase airoli,vashi like place having it and it should get more IT places like this.but rise project over questionable ???
    CommentQuote
  • Then why these Panvel townships are not catching up?



    Originally Posted by humble_guy
    Lodha's Dombivli/Shilphata projects can not be compared to Panvel based projects.

    Regarding Panvel and employment opportunities:
    Top Indian industry majors like Larsen & Toubro Limited, Reliance, Hindustan Organic Chemicals Ltd., ONGC, IPCL are based in Panvel providing mass employment.

    Panvel is near the JNPT port. JNPT port is the largest container port in India. It is the 33rd largest port in the world. The port handles over 65% of entire India's container traffic.

    Panvel is near some of the biggest MIDC regions like Patalganga, Taloja, Nagothane, Roha, Khopoli.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajpatel
    Then why these Panvel townships are not catching up?


    The issue is not sales or location for Panvel township projects.

    Both the indiabulls and hiranandani projects had huge amount of bookings and generated quite a buzz in the market. Even at nearly 80% higher rate than the one prevailing at those areas.

    The issue is with the promoters of these projects. The HIRCO went bust due to its financial issues and strong lender action. Whereas Indiabulls has had major transparency issues and govt permissions issues for its layouts/amenities/FSI etc, so losing investor interest.

    Also the basic selling premise was the proposed airport and south mumbai-to-nhavaSheva sea-link. Both of which have failed and will not be ready at least for the next 15-20 years. If they had sold the flats just on the basis of a good urban area and employment opportunities, they would have attracted a different kind of end-users, and not the blind investors.

    Anyways, lets see how this one comes up..
    CommentQuote
  • Location of this land parcel??

    Does any body know the location of this land parcel of 150 acres

    as a lot depends on the location ,

    if it is like hiranandani, then it is a high risk investment.

    is it a mixed use township with a lot of employment potential?




    Originally Posted by humble_guy
    The issue is not sales or location for Panvel township projects.

    Both the indiabulls and hiranandani projects had huge amount of bookings and generated quite a buzz in the market. Even at nearly 80% higher rate than the one prevailing at those areas.

    The issue is with the promoters of these projects. The HIRCO went bust due to its financial issues and strong lender action. Whereas Indiabulls has had major transparency issues and govt permissions issues for its layouts/amenities/FSI etc, so losing investor interest.

    Also the basic selling premise was the proposed airport and south mumbai-to-nhavaSheva sea-link. Both of which have failed and will not be ready at least for the next 15-20 years. If they had sold the flats just on the basis of a good urban area and employment opportunities, they would have attracted a different kind of end-users, and not the blind investors.

    Anyways, lets see how this one comes up..
    CommentQuote
  • Got an email from PropTiger about this. They say location is old Mumbai-Pune highway. So probably somewhere between IB Greens and HIRCO developments. Sounds like they are going to launch 9 acres of the 180 acres right now. Also, sounds like there will be a 9-hole golf-course. So, probably on the lines of the Casa Bella development by Lodha.
    Looked up on some other websites and the rates are close to 10k Carpet, which is outrageous for the area right now. Only thing I liked about the project is that they are not touting proximity to the New Mumbai Airport :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by darkhorse
    Got an email from PropTiger about this. They say location is old Mumbai-Pune highway. So probably somewhere between IB Greens and HIRCO developments. Sounds like they are going to launch 9 acres of the 180 acres right now. Also, sounds like there will be a 9-hole golf-course. So, probably on the lines of the Casa Bella development by Lodha.
    Looked up on some other websites and the rates are close to 10k Carpet, which is outrageous for the area right now. Only thing I liked about the project is that they are not touting proximity to the New Mumbai Airport :)


    So a 2BHK will cost around 70 Lac Plus. ( Hey Bhagwan )

    Rather I would prefer 1 BHK in same cost in Ghatkopar/ Tilaknagar area.
    CommentQuote
  • Pricing in mumbai makes no sense at all, I think they just paste numbers to a board and throw darts at it, highest one gets selected,people should avoid such projects so that idiot builders get the message that such pricing won't be entertained.
    CommentQuote