Another township coming up in Panvel!!

Presenting Godrej City - an integrated and self sufficient township, now poised to adorn Panvel, Mumbai. This ambitious new addition to the Godrej Properties' portfolio is slated to hit the city very soon. The township is replete with every conceivable amenity. The development spans over a whopping 150 acres with ample open spaces to give you a sprawling outdoor experience. A Frank Henegan 9 hole golf course awaits all golfing enthusiasts. The location is heralded to be the next big center of urban and civic development.
Read more
187 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Godrej's position will be like "Dhotraat Kamavala ani Lugadya Gamavala" English tranlation will be"Earned in trousers and spent in Skirts" to some extent looking at the current state of RE
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    Update from a Panvel based broker: The location of the golf course is not finalized yet. These initial units will not necessarily be near the "proposed" golf course (forget about facing the golf course!). The overall project has not received the necessary permissions, it may take at least an year to get a clear picture of the overall approved township and the layout plan.

PS: dont forget what happened with the "Club Moss", the supposedly world class clubhouse of the Indiabulls Panvel township project. They gave full page advertisements for years about it, but finally they scrapped it totally, treating all buyers like a piece of rubbish.

Hey Humble guy,
    I am not sure how reliable or disgrunted this broker is ? Have you dealt with him in past to trust ? 'coz Godrej city pavel are charging PLC for golf course facing units and that too Rs. 500 P/sq ft.
    What I hear ( and may not be so true) is that they have received EC and permission to sell is only thing pending.
    How do we verify this ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hey Humble guy,
    I am not sure how reliable or disgrunted this broker is ? Have you dealt with him in past to trust ? 'coz Godrej city pavel are charging PLC for golf course facing units and that too Rs. 500 P/sq ft.
    What I hear ( and may not be so true) is that they have received EC and permission to sell is only thing pending.
    How do we verify this ?

Hi bomdel, the link above in your post seems to be a broker site, not the official godrej properties website, so the information may not be absolutely correct.

Regarding golf-course facing PLC, it does not mean that the flat would be set on the boundary of the golf course. There are projects in Noida by Jaypee, where they are charging golf facing PLC for flats which are at least 400m-600m away from the edge of the golf course, with several other buildings and structures between the flat and the golf course.

For the Godrej Panvel project, the layout plans are not yet released and approved for the project. Also, the land is probably not contiguous, so they are launching a small 7 acre parcel.

For a 9 hole Golf course should take up 35%-50% of the project's proposed 150 acre. If it's a par 36, nine hole course you need at least 75 acres. If it's an "executive" par 3 course, you will be looking at least 40 - 50 acres, depending on hole length. This assumes, of course, only usable land which does not allow for wetlands, restricted areas, water bodies or land not easily made part of the golf area.

I believe, it would make more sense to consider the project when the final layout plans are approved and set in writing. Till then it is just another builder using public money to fund land purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • The bigger the golf course, the more time you need to have to play on it . You also need to carry more clubs with you . You would need a golf cart to move around . They are also harder to maintain and so the maintenance costs would be higher. You need more caddies, club staff , greens keepers,club managers . If no outsiders are allowed to play on the course then the burden of maintenance will be on the residents alone. Golf can be a expensive hobby.

The few residents who actually venture out to play are likely to be newbies and week end enthusiasts with time constraints . A smaller nine hole golf course of about 30 acres may suit the needs of the residents better .
    CommentQuote
  • The nine hole golf course at the 250 acre township called Palava (Lodha Golflinks project) ,Kalyan - Shil Rd. spreads across 30 acres .

The nine hole golf course at the 138 acre Blue Ridge residential township in Pune spreads across 22 acres .
    CommentQuote
  • As per Godrej representative, pre-launch has been already initiated and units being blocked. They will launch it in first week of May 2014. Maintenance charge for golf facility will be only membership based.
    What you say experts?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,
    I heard ..1 bhks sold out, 2 bhk compact sold out, 2 bhk spacious few left and 3 bhks left. my sense is ones which are bigger or having Rs 500 as golf course PLC are some what left out ..... guess for NRIs ? check out these updates on this blog on godrej city panvel

Yes, I heard formal launch is on 2nd of May..wondering what would they be left to sell in formal launch ?
    CommentQuote
  • Sold out ...nice...now lets close the thread...lol.
    CommentQuote
  • just imagine runwall kanjurmarg,erine runwall thane,godrej panvel, all are getting sold out to much cash in mumbai
    CommentQuote
  • I tried for 2 bhk in H wing ( facing west) did not get a single flat :( though not all is sold but yes some good ones are not there.
    CommentQuote
  • One side people are saying 1bhk sold out etc, on the other side everyday agents are calling and asking sir when you will come for booking.
    I think it is marketing gemmick to attract customer. I remember Lodha's palava city they had done same thing, same strategy is used by Godrej also. When Palava city 2nd phase launch they had made so much hype, but later on they increase just 147/- rupees and again relaunch.
    CommentQuote
  • How many buildings have they launched? How many floors?
    CommentQuote
  • The location suits more to a retirement or weeknd home rightnow.......
    CommentQuote
  • Sold out is a strong statement for making people rush for booking if they are on sidelines. However this place is way too far and expensive considering current status of market. I agree with comment that this is more for a retirement home for 2 reasons- 1) it would be ready by then (over 100 acres of development), 2) by then some people may have started living there, right now no one lives even nearby. Weakened home may also be an idea.
    CommentQuote
  • I do not know why people are tempted to book into these kinds of projects inspite of burning their hands on other similar projects which have been mentioned in this forum thread.

Now you see every tom dick and harry kind of brokers and so called real estate consultants are selling this project only daily I get 10 email from different sources and brokers that flat starting 39 Lac , 150 Acre..... ..... 39 Lac... 150 Acre... now if you woke up in mid night and ask I can promptly tell these details.

Though I have not seen the final cost structure , but the final price may start from 50 Lac including parking and registrations or may b higher.

And I do not know what kind of Gold Mines these so far off areas without any connectivity hold, as people tend to rush for them.

See Just in middle of hilly area and rock mountain village ( with little population ) what you will get is only 150 acre living area thats it with no near by infrastructure. Rater one can prefer Palghar or Boisar in western Suburbs with more than half the rate and train connectivity or Central suburbs of Kalyan or for a bit cheaper Titwala or Ambarnath with local municipality and infrastructure in place.

And am fed of of these so called pre launch " " pre launch " daily you all should be getting mails and sms .

Reputed developer on LBS pre launch ... but ask the rate its more than the prevailing rate with no papers in place and 2 years of pre launch then 3-4 year of construction and 6 years down the lane the rate in near by building is same as of prelaunch.

So I again , caution all those who are retail individual investors please consider all the points before investing as RE is already heated up market , take the Newspaper of Friday or Saturday , you will see lots and lots of ads and prices being slashed.

Why to go after a very few builders with more than 50% rate of other builders and more or less same amenities. Very few builders say 3 out of 10 , rake up their prices by sheer marketing activity and brokers commission, rate go for other builders who are 7 out of 10 in numbers. ( eg Virar , Vasai , Mira Bhy area )

Also go for the ready to move or nearing completion projects, to safegaurd your investments.

As the rich or HNI or NRI RE investors , invest in same project by buying in bulk at 30-40% less price what you are paying hence even if they sell at builder quoted price they make huge profits,

A Word by a Banker
    CommentQuote