Another township coming up in Panvel!!

Presenting Godrej City - an integrated and self sufficient township, now poised to adorn Panvel, Mumbai. This ambitious new addition to the Godrej Properties' portfolio is slated to hit the city very soon. The township is replete with every conceivable amenity. The development spans over a whopping 150 acres with ample open spaces to give you a sprawling outdoor experience. A Frank Henegan 9 hole golf course awaits all golfing enthusiasts. The location is heralded to be the next big center of urban and civic development.
Read more
187 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I think it is good investment. The project is between HIRCO & India bulls. Once HIRCO project & India bulls project complets , the entire road will develop like Ghodbundar road Thane
    CommentQuote
  • Is this a MMRDA project? or does Godrej Property own this land outright?
    CommentQuote
  • as you know this is a pre launch -project. The approvals are still awaited . If approvals are not recd the Godrej will return back the money by 31st March without any interest.I have visited the site & the property belongs to some individual & same is developed . This is a free hold land as told by Godrej while booking.
    CommentQuote
  • It is not 4800 per sft! It is 10,000 per sft! I just received this 10 minutes ago! The plot is just too far from the station, etc. and other development. Not worth it, in my humble opinion. See the pdf attachment.
    CommentQuote
  • to be precise Rs 10360/ per Sq. Ft. carpet area
    CommentQuote
  • Godrej is selling its panvel apartments

please visit

Godrej Prop Q2 sales bookings more than double to Rs 880 cr | Business Standard News

Realty firm Godrej Properties Ltd's sales bookings jumped more than two-fold at Rs 880 crore in the second quarter of the current fiscal despite slowdown in the real estate market.

Out of total Q2 sales bookings, the company's new project in Gurgaon 'Godrej Aria', launched in September, contributed the maximum at Rs 284 crore.

In this project, it sold over 250 apartments in 3 weeks at an average selling price was Rs 7,000 per sq ft.

Besides Gurgaon project, its another project 'Godrej City' at Panvel contributed Rs 190 crore in sales bookings.

"Sold 300 apartments (about 90% of launched inventory) in 2 days. Total sales of Rs 190 crore achieved at an average price of Rs 5700/per sq ft," the presentation said.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nasnas
    It is not 4800 per sft! It is 10,000 per sft! I just received this 10 minutes ago! The plot is just too far from the station, etc. and other development. Not worth it, in my humble opinion. See the pdf attachment.

70 lakhs for 2 bedroom in outside panvel, worth it?
    Problem seems to be not just the pricing but so many additional costs that the big builders include towards the amenities and maintenance, doesnt not leave it very juicy for the investors if one doesnt want to live there or cannot wait for much longer!

Am I thinking it right?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ramachadran
    I think it is good investment. The project is between HIRCO & India bulls. Once HIRCO project & India bulls project complets , the entire road will develop like Ghodbundar road Thane

Top 10 reasons to buy a flat in Godrej Panvel (Sorry Godrej Rasayani as it is nowhere near panvel but in Rasayani):
    1. The rates are exorbitant for this propety, however I have a lot of excess money and I don't know what to do with it. Best option is to invest in Godrej panvel. Im tired of storing my money under my pillow, so better invest in Godrej at panvel (sorry, at Rasayani)
    2. The project is in no man's land.. The area shall take over 15 years to develop. Other projects in the area like Hiranandani and Indiabull(shit) have flopped miserably, yet I believe Godrej has a midas touch. They shall work like Alibaba and make things work. Insanity is doing the same thing trying to expect different results, yet I'll behave just like an insane person because I get some maschostic pleasure doing so.
    3. There are RTM projects available like Kalpataru riverside which sells at Rs 80-85 lakh for a 2BHK, which is just 2km from panvel station, ready possession, perfectly liveable for somebody with a job in Mumbai or Thane, etc. If you discount the rental yield benefit, actually Kalpataru is much lesser than Godrej. Yet I shall be adamant and shall invest in Godrej
    4. The location is unliveable now and even shall stay so for the next 15 years.. there are nothing but trees and barren land. Even if development takes place in that area, people shall avoid such a location as nobody who works in Mumbai can live there... Just a small fraction would be able to live there. But I shall still take the plunge and invest in the location..
    5. I belive the builder is so good and reputed. The project was already prelaunched in Apr'14, and the builder claimed all 1bhk and 2bhk flats were sold off. He and his agents blatantly lied and misled people!!! Yet I shall put my trust in him for my hard earned life savings because I believe he has now converted and shall be truthful and honest in the future.
    6. With the proposed Golf course and other "amenities", I truly believe the builder shall build them inspite of not mentioning any amenities in his agreement.. Often builders change plans (check Indiabullshit and their ClubMoss, etc), yet this builder is so honest and genuine. Even if the golf course etc come up, I believe that the society later shall maintain it and the overheads shall magically be minimal.
    7. There are so many better properties in Thane etc.and glut in the market. Godbunder has so much excess resale inventory and many investors are desperate to exit. Yet I shall invest in no-man's land in panvel (actually not really panvel but Rasayani)
    8. I have no other avenue to invest my money.. Rather than putting my money in an FD and earnign interest, I believe that RE prices in panvel shall zoom thru the roof.. I'll speculate with my hard earned money and help Adi Godrej build up his wealth. After all, he is such a nice person..
    9. I believe that the builder shall deliver the project on time and no delays whatsoever shall happen from his end.. Such large projects of other builders often get delayed by several years, but Godrej is a majical exception and I belive he shall deliver on time..
    10. This is a "pre-launch".. It was "prelaunched" just 6 months back, but not enough suckers fell for it.. And if there are no suckers now, it shall be "prelaunched" after another 6 months till adequate suckers buy into this ponzi scheme.. No approvals till date, nothing in hand, just hopes and pipe dreams by the builder. But still I believe that I can make a killing by investing in Godrej at Rasayani (12 kms away from panvel).
    CommentQuote
  • If buyers know, what is good for them(not the builders) they will avoid Pre launches.
    Name and fame of builder is irrelevant,what is relevant is pricing,legal status of approvals and location.
    CommentQuote
  • This project is outrageously expensive. Wonder why someone would invest in this Project. Marathon's project close to the Upcoming airport and Panvel city is a much better deal, well priced and closer to completion than this pie-in-the-sky project
    CommentQuote
  • I have gone through this project . This project is in 25 acres land with 11 towers. Club house membership is only for 4 members. Around 4000 residential flats. Near by you will have around 4 buildings of MMRDA rental housing buildings.Too much.
    The project is for high income group & I am sure everyone will have one car.

Godrej project is around 10 minutes drive from Marathon with very good road (Till Today) with more space to breath around. Also their 2 BHK is minimum 700 Sq. ft carpet better to live .Much greenery around ( Till Today).
    The airport to come will take lot years.Being a township bus service will be available may be at every half an hour.
    Above factors I feel Godrej is better option
    CommentQuote
  • One more point Marathon land is lease land for 999 Years & Godrej City panvel is free hold land as per my information.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Ramachandran,

Greetings from Godrej properties limited.

We thank you for your interest in Godrej City, Panvel.

Godrej Properties always believe in a relationship based on trust with our customers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SAS2014
    Top 10 reasons to buy a flat in Godrej Panvel (Sorry Godrej Rasayani as it is nowhere near panvel but in Rasayani):
    1. The rates are exorbitant for this propety, however I have a lot of excess money and I don't know what to do with it. Best option is to invest in Godrej panvel. Im tired of storing my money under my pillow, so better invest in Godrej at panvel (sorry, at Rasayani)
    2. The project is in no man's land.. The area shall take over 15 years to develop. Other projects in the area like Hiranandani and Indiabull(shit) have flopped miserably, yet I believe Godrej has a midas touch. They shall work like Alibaba and make things work. Insanity is doing the same thing trying to expect different results, yet I'll behave just like an insane person because I get some maschostic pleasure doing so.
    3. There are RTM projects available like Kalpataru riverside which sells at Rs 80-85 lakh for a 2BHK, which is just 2km from panvel station, ready possession, perfectly liveable for somebody with a job in Mumbai or Thane, etc. If you discount the rental yield benefit, actually Kalpataru is much lesser than Godrej. Yet I shall be adamant and shall invest in Godrej
    4. The location is unliveable now and even shall stay so for the next 15 years.. there are nothing but trees and barren land. Even if development takes place in that area, people shall avoid such a location as nobody who works in Mumbai can live there... Just a small fraction would be able to live there. But I shall still take the plunge and invest in the location..
    5. I belive the builder is so good and reputed. The project was already prelaunched in Apr'14, and the builder claimed all 1bhk and 2bhk flats were sold off. He and his agents blatantly lied and misled people!!! Yet I shall put my trust in him for my hard earned life savings because I believe he has now converted and shall be truthful and honest in the future.
    6. With the proposed Golf course and other "amenities", I truly believe the builder shall build them inspite of not mentioning any amenities in his agreement.. Often builders change plans (check Indiabullshit and their ClubMoss, etc), yet this builder is so honest and genuine. Even if the golf course etc come up, I believe that the society later shall maintain it and the overheads shall magically be minimal.
    7. There are so many better properties in Thane etc.and glut in the market. Godbunder has so much excess resale inventory and many investors are desperate to exit. Yet I shall invest in no-man's land in panvel (actually not really panvel but Rasayani)
    8. I have no other avenue to invest my money.. Rather than putting my money in an FD and earnign interest, I believe that RE prices in panvel shall zoom thru the roof.. I'll speculate with my hard earned money and help Adi Godrej build up his wealth. After all, he is such a nice person..
    9. I believe that the builder shall deliver the project on time and no delays whatsoever shall happen from his end.. Such large projects of other builders often get delayed by several years, but Godrej is a majical exception and I belive he shall deliver on time..
    10. This is a "pre-launch".. It was "prelaunched" just 6 months back, but not enough suckers fell for it.. And if there are no suckers now, it shall be "prelaunched" after another 6 months till adequate suckers buy into this ponzi scheme.. No approvals till date, nothing in hand, just hopes and pipe dreams by the builder. But still I believe that I can make a killing by investing in Godrej at Rasayani (12 kms away from panvel).

Dear SAS2014,

Greetings from Godrej Properties Limited!

We, at Godrej Properties, always believe in a relationship based on trust with our customer.For us, customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal , with regards to the project Godrej Panvel our comments as below:

· The price of the property is worth considering the fact that it would be one of areas that has maximum potential in terms of real estate development.
    Godrej Properties has always made sure that their properties are reasonably priced based on market value and as compared to our competitors.
    · We would like to bring to your notice that the proposed project is a 150 Acre Township, which will be a self-sufficient and an integrated property with every conceivable amenity. Since we are developing an integrated township, we will ensure adequate social infrastructure like Schools, Hospitals, and Retail Shopping etc.
    · We respect the development being done by our competitors. Our project has many unique propositions, which we believe makes it an excellent choice for the buyers.
    · The location is heralded to be the next big center of urban and civic development that includes the proposed International Airport. And that’s the reason why we have invested in that location.
    · We have never claimed that our units are completely sold out through our official website. With regards to the agents/ channel partners, we would like you to write to us about such agents who mislead you or convey anything that is not promised.
    · We have always made sure that we deliver everything that we promise to our customers. So, the amenities that we have promised to deliver to the customers will certainly be delivered in our project.
    · Large townships have their own development cycle and we have always tried our level best to deliver the project on time or earlier then committed.
    · Our project is just 10 km away from Panvel.

We hope that we have given satisfactory information about our project Godrej City, Panvel.

Regards,
    Godrej Properties limited
    CommentQuote
  • dear Godrej prop,
    with all due respect..just 10 km from Panvel??!! 10 kms is a very long distance.. For example..bkc to vashi is abt 16 km and vashi to kharghar is probably 12.. U drive further down and you get to Panvel and your project is 10 kms beyond that! So don't write off 10 kms so easily..

the project maybe self sufficient but what about employment? U can have the best mall in the world, but people would still choose locations closer to their workplace.. New Bombay has been a "developing" area for far too long now... Countries have had boom and bust cycles but Navi Mumbai is still "developing".. The major infra structure projects - fast trains, airport, mthl are still all stuck.. Sez flopped...

please share the additional insights that you have to allay peoples apprehension about projects remaining on paper.. Most of us have very high regard for Godrej as a group, but may have different viewpoints about your project being a worthy investment.
    CommentQuote