Hello guys,

Is it possible to buy a 1RK in Mira road in the budget of 15L to 20L (at max, all inclusive)?

On this forum, I have read about water supply problems in Mira road..and that water supply is managed by the water tanker mafia. This really scares me. Is that still the case at present? If I consider a buying place in relatively good locality, such as Beverly Park, will I be saved from these troubles? BUT is it possible to get a 1RK in that area with my budget??

Please answer my queries and help me take a proper decision.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi
    Sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible to get even 1 RK within 15-20 L in Mira road, and that to all inclusive.
    You can try approaching local brokers and may get in old bldg, without OC etc for around 25 L+.
    Try in GCC area, indralok etc.
    In Beverly park, try NG palms (not sure exact name, but RNA NG) which has 1 RK.

Water is available at scheduled times in most buildings and some of the new complexes. For extra needs, tanker is required. With so many ppl settling down here, water supply will definitely improve further in future.

Alternatively, you may want to explore Naigaon east to get proper 1 BHK within your budget.

All the best in your search !
    CommentQuote
  • ^Thanks a lot for your reply.

Originally Posted by contactbrij
    Hi
    Sorry to say, but I don't think it's possible to get even 1 RK within 15-20 L in Mira road, and that to all inclusive.
    You can try approaching local brokers and may get in old bldg, without OC etc for around 25 L+.
    Try in GCC area, indralok etc.
    In Beverly park, try NG palms (not sure exact name, but RNA NG) which has 1 RK.

I searched on Magicbricks, OLX etc..and saw that some 1RKs are available for 17L+. I am not saying they will be good ones and with all the required documents etc..but I guessed that if I visit those brokers, I just might get a good deal..perhaps I can extend my budget till 23L something. But for sure, I do not want anything without OC..this will be my first and last ever property purchase, and I don't want any hassles in the future regarding its legality.

Water is available at scheduled times in most buildings and some of the new complexes. For extra needs, tanker is required. With so many ppl settling down here, water supply will definitely improve further in future.

"most" buildings?! means not "all" buildings. That itself is worrying. What 'extra' needs would they be? Is it not like Mumbai...water is supplied 2 hrs in the morning and 2 hrs in the evening??

Do you think old buildings that you mentioned above will have scheduled water supply?

Also, people have been settling in and around Mira road since last 3-4 years..I would've hoped water supply problems to be resolved by now.

Alternatively, you may want to explore Naigaon east to get proper 1 BHK within your budget.

Thanks for your suggestion. :) However, I would prefer a locality that is closest to Mumbai. But if it's not fitting in my budget, I will look into Naigaon...what about Bhayander..or even Virar? Although I can get a flat with lower budget in these areas, I hope there won't be water supply problems..
    CommentQuote
  • Water supply in Mira rd is much much better compared to what it was 10 yrs back, when everything was dependent on tankers.

Given the fact Mira rd has become so populated over last 5-10 yrs, water supply has not increased at the same rate.
    Hence, some societies still need to depend on tankers based on their needs and usage.

From Mira rd to Virar, I doubt if it's possible to get water for 4 hours a day. At max, would be 2 hrs daily, but it should be sufficient for daily use. In some case when BMC water cut is there or your usage is high , you need tanker etc.

You need to be building specific, search for complex with multiple BMC pipelines etc.

Nowadays even Virar is not cheap anymore and it's a cool 40 kms away from Mira rd.
    CommentQuote