MY building in Mulund-west, Mumbai has gone under redevelopment. The agreement has been registered 3 months back. However, we have purchased one extra bed room. The flat is in my father's name. Few days back I started inquiring about home loan and got the information that I cannot get the same as my name is not there in the agreement.

I have got one information that I can get the sale deed done by paying the stamp duty and registration again of around 6 % on the amount I need to give to the builder and can get the refund on the the stamp duty and registration charges paid earlier after the deduction of 9-10% charges. Please advice if this can be done or what can be the other solution...

Thanks in advance
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,

    Please give an idea on this...Waiting for the reply...


    Vishaal Shah
  • It cannot be transferred in your name. The only option is your father has to gift it to you. That is a cheaper option.Kindly check with Lawyers for the costs.