The Trees by Godrej Properties in Vikhroli East, Mumbai

Last updated: May 28 2018
501 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : The Trees by Godrej Properties in Vikhroli East, Mumbai

Hi dalvinitin;

yes i am aware of the creek side availability, but they have 3 sides of project namely Creek side, mangrove side (high premium) & Clubhouse side. Like you said creek side has visibility of ghatkoper in same way mangrove side has visibility of mangroves & vashi Creek nothing in between and then club house had the facing of inhouse garden inside the complex. So if one is looking to get Mangrove side the choice is 2 & 3 bhk only and that too at an exhorbitant sum.
    Last edited May 24 2016, 02:11 PM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Hi all,

Discovered this forum yesterday as a prospective home-buyer here and very thankful to everyone for all the information on this thread. FYKI I'm a Bandra chap and not familiar at all with Vikhroli/Ghatkopar.

I've been very keen on this property but several basic concerns voiced on this thread mirror my own:

1. As an end-user living here would it be convenient to get to LBS Marg for the malls and restaurants? It seems that road is perpetually congested and a simple short drive will always take a half hour even though it is 'just across the tracks'. Will getting domestic help and deliveries be an issue? If this will be a problem maybe living in or around LBS Marg itself is a better option - do advise wrt the location.

2. The developers market it as a 34-acre plot of land but it appears only 10-acres or less will be dedicated residential areas. Anyone can deduce this from simply looking at the site plan. This brings me to feel that the property wont feel as "open" as advertised, what with the residential towers 'walling' in the central lawn. Does anyone have an idea of how much space the central lawn area is to be? Also a bit unsure about the whole residential-commercial mix-use scenario. No idea what it would be like to live there with so much happening at the offices and hotel.

3. A few people mentioned that the property falls under the flight path of the international airport. This is true if one looks at Google Maps. I will be visiting the site soon to hear how loud this is. Worth mentioning is that I've lived a large chunk of my life next to a train track and I would like to believe human beings eventually can adapt to all noise!

4. The proximity to Deonar Dumping Grounds. Hopefully it will be shuttered by 2019.

5. The PRICE!

With that said, I do want to believe in the project and the reputed developers considering it is being shopped as their flagship. There are definitely many positives associated with this.

Once again thanks all for any advice and suggestions you could give me and for everything helpful on this thread.

PS - other properties I'm keeping an eye on are Godrej Prime, Wadhwa's The Address, Kalpatru Radiance & Kanakia Rainforest.

Comment

We go to office 5 days a week and to the mall max 2 days a week. Staying in lbs means you face the lbs traffic every day. Also late night traffic in lbs is not as bad as evening traffic. So eastern expressway makes more sense. But home delivery and domestic help can be challenging vs lbs road initially.

Plan is more congested vs kalpataru aura and wadhwa address. But towers are shorter and hence density of people may not be that bad. There are lot of 1bhks, so expect a lot of bachelors in the neighbourhood.

I personally hate mix use properties. Powai is a classic example. Too crowded for residents to even take out their cars during office time. But very nice place during early morning and late night.

Flight path is a problem. People get used to the noise but i am sure nobody wants to get used to the noise.

Dumping ground is quite far away and not a problem even when the evening wind blows.

Comparable properties in lbs sell at good discount to trees. Those may work out to be a better deal. At similar rates, I will prefer trees vs lbs.

Comment

Dumping ground is a problem for bhandup west properties, the stench travels that far (8 km in a straight line), depending on the wind direction. Trees is nearer to the dumping ground than that.

The mound is visible from the higher floors in bhandup. Problem is there is no obstruction to the wind on the salt pan.

Off course this is not all days, depends on wind speed as well along with direction, btw i stay in bhandup west in a creek facing flat and i feel trees is over priced.
          Last edited May 26 2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

vrsva6;
            Appreciate your concerns raised on the issues, but my point of view on your concerns are
            [/SIZE]1. Location Concern: You are correct saying that LBS (West) is much more developed than the East part, nevertheless it is also not that bad. With Godrej coming in leap & bounds in the East, the facilities will be developed in due course of time. Additionally with Godrej Platinum just round the corner, the infrastructure development would have started by now. This might help in getting the domestic helps in the coming future. However be prepared to pay steep price for their services! Wrt deliveries, the Trees Project have planned starting Godrej Natures Basket inside its premises hence grocery shopping should not be a concern, but yes food delivery from restaurants can be (not sure tough).. but noting that the complex itself have retail spaces there can be a possibility that some restaurants may open up there itself. Also, personally, after the inauguration of Eastern Freeway, I prefer Eastern Express Highway as it easily takes you to any part of Mumbai within minutes.
            2. Plot area: If I remember it correctly the residential area is coming up in 9.5 acre out of the total 35 or 39 acre odd space. Moreover the residential section is located at one end of the plot with a separate entrance and hence there shouldn’t be much nuisance with the commercial properties lying next door. The green open spaces in the residential area roughly contribute to 1.7 acre (inclusive of Club House) i.e. 20% of the residential area. This number seems to be fair enough given the limited number of residential apartments constructed thus reducing people density.
            3. Flight Path, yes it does fall on the flight path, and I have no idea about the noise levels. May be you can help once you are back from the site visit. Do post your observations on this issue.
            4. Dumping Grounds, no idea how severe it can be. May be if someone who has visited the site can throw a light on this.
            5. Price is infact Premium and on a higher side. This gives a feeling that the primary occupants would be buying it for self use rather than let-outs, so more of a family oriented atmosphere rather than dealing with bachelorate environment.
            Last edited May 26 2016, 12:01 PM. Reason: Tagged user

Comment

Originally posted by vrsva6 View Post
              Hi all,

Discovered this forum yesterday as a prospective home-buyer here and very thankful to everyone for all the information on this thread. FYKI I'm a Bandra chap and not familiar at all with Vikhroli/Ghatkopar.

I've been very keen on this property but several basic concerns voiced on this thread mirror my own:

1. As an end-user living here would it be convenient to get to LBS Marg for the malls and restaurants? It seems that road is perpetually congested and a simple short drive will always take a half hour even though it is 'just across the tracks'. Will getting domestic help and deliveries be an issue? If this will be a problem maybe living in or around LBS Marg itself is a better option - do advise wrt the location.

2. The developers market it as a 34-acre plot of land but it appears only 10-acres or less will be dedicated residential areas. Anyone can deduce this from simply looking at the site plan. This brings me to feel that the property wont feel as "open" as advertised, what with the residential towers 'walling' in the central lawn. Does anyone have an idea of how much space the central lawn area is to be? Also a bit unsure about the whole residential-commercial mix-use scenario. No idea what it would be like to live there with so much happening at the offices and hotel.

3. A few people mentioned that the property falls under the flight path of the international airport. This is true if one looks at Google Maps. I will be visiting the site soon to hear how loud this is. Worth mentioning is that I've lived a large chunk of my life next to a train track and I would like to believe human beings eventually can adapt to all noise!

4. The proximity to Deonar Dumping Grounds. Hopefully it will be shuttered by 2019.

5. The PRICE!

With that said, I do want to believe in the project and the reputed developers considering it is being shopped as their flagship. There are definitely many positives associated with this.

Once again thanks all for any advice and suggestions you could give me and for everything helpful on this thread.

PS - other properties I'm keeping an eye on are Godrej Prime, Wadhwa's The Address, Kalpatru Radiance & Kanakia Rainforest.
              LBS is the worst. it is crowded at all times during day and night.

Rcity ghaktopar has made LBS even worse with huge traffic waiting to get into the mall. On Eid, diwali you can take the garah number ki gaadi to get anywhere.

thanks to LBS , folks have become avid fans of amazon, grofers, tinyowl :-)

Comment

Hi guys.

Thanks for all your responses, I was pleased to see so many replies so soon after I posted. I just wanted to hold off till I had visited the site - which I did today.

My observations seem to be perfectly aligned with mumbaibuyer3003; 's response.

The site is on a fairly exclusive area - most of the land there is Godrej owned. So a lot rests upon how Godrej plans to develop the whole stretch and not just Trees. Connectivity by the Eastern Highway is a huge plus, but it would be a semi-hike for anyone wanting to get to more central places. Reaching there is not a problem, it took me 30 mins from Bandra via Sion and after the visit I headed to Andheri via JVLR, which too was ok (but of course today was a Saturday). PS - Didn't take a peek at LBS - everything I've read here was enough to keep me away.

Now on to the goodies - the project is definitely a bit congested - the central green seems to be small but I hope that the low density population will keep it from feeling crowded. But I can't help but think Godrej could've been more generous with an acre or two more of open space considering they own so much land there. Planet Godrej is a fine example.

From the sales talk it was clear that there is a disproportionate number of 1 BHKs there. Undoubtedly the number of bachelors will be high. But I did like the sample flats very much (1 & 3 BHKs). Layouts are good.

Yes the overhead flights are loud when I was outdoors, and the planes look huge at that height (just short of being directly overhead). I guess people who've bought homes here don't care or don't know about this. They will probably just get used to it.

There was NO stench from Deonar. The air smelled fresh (for Mumbai) and it was breezy due to the openness. But maybe it gets bad on some days like rmaharishi mentioned.

There is no doubt that this is an impressive project, if successful it will be a very unique experience in Mumbai. That allows them to charge whatever the hell they want in addition to your kidney, arm & leg. So they quoted me an exorbitant amount that just doesn't equate with other projects with similar configurations and better amenities. So scope for price appreciation is low for short term investors. Much to be decided!

Thanks again everyone. Keep you all posted. Feel free to ask if anyone has queries.
                Last edited May 29 2016, 04:52 AM. Reason: user tag

Comment

vrsva6; what is the all inclusive price they are quoting at present for 2BHK?

Did you check how much price they have raised "appreciated" since pre-launch ~ 2 years ago.

Land will be freehold or leasehold to the new societies?

Comment

vrsva6;

Would have appreciated man if you could've managed some pics from site as well as Sample flats. Nevertheless, seems everything is positive except the Paper (money) . Was just wondering what exactly you meant by Congestion..since i beleive tht 90% of ghatkoper & vikhroli is owned by Godrej. Also, Please do mention about the green cover and environmental feel from your visit.
                    Last edited May 29 2016, 01:03 PM. Reason: user tag

Comment

Here is the YouTube link for sample 3 and 1 bhk sample flat layout for godrej trees
                      https://youtu.be/gP4BEjz581E

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X