Guys

how is the future of kharghar sector 10 as it is the only sector being developed near to station and highway.....

also these days we are getting carpet area much less than saleable area....we get only 400 sq ft carpet in 640 saleable.....should we go forward with the deals???
Read more
14 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • as far as I know, nothing special is coming up in sec-10. sec-7 is the best and sec-21 and surrounding sec's are going to develop a lot in the near future. but, if sec-10 is what suits u since its close to the highway and station then, go with that.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by geeee
    as far as I know, nothing special is coming up in sec-10. sec-7 is the best and sec-21 and surrounding sec's are going to develop a lot in the near future. but, if sec-10 is what suits u since its close to the highway and station then, go with that.

Gee just a quick question , how about sector 35 ? would it be worth investing there 4000 psf ?
    CommentQuote
  • I think 4000 is too much. 3000-3400 is the right price. The prices are at their peak, Either invest with 10 years in mind, or wait and take a risk of 5-10% appreciation/depreciation.
    I believe there will not be many buyers till October.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smarty0074
    Gee just a quick question , how about sector 35 ? would it be worth investing there 4000 psf ?

If I'm not wrong, Sec-35 is the one where the CISF thing is. That area is a bit secluded and I do think it will develop in the future but, it could take about 5 years before enough people actually come to live there and there is some activity. Also, it's the furthest away from the station and at the moment connectivity (public transport) isn't that great. So, whether ur investing or planning to stay urself u need to keep that in mind. 4000 is the going rate for that area I think however, if ur investing I don't think u'll see much appreciation atleast for the next 5 years (the real issue I think won't be the market price but actually finding buyers, there is a lot of supply coming up in that area and not as much demand at the moment). For investment and staying urself, u'll be much better off paying 500 psf more (maybe less) and finding something close to sec 21.
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 35

Guys,

Sector 35 is an excellent bet right now. 2 reasons, there is golf course coming up and there is central park which is very very clost to sector 35. 4000 is the running rate and if you get an opportunity jump on it.
    I can guarantee that this is going to up to about 5000 - 6000 per sqft in the next 2 years
    CommentQuote
  • the central park is between sec-21 on one end and sec-35 on the other. The golf course is between sec-6 (&21) and the Tata Hospital (sec-35 maybe). As I said Sec-35 is pretty much inhabitable at the moment. It's like staying in a village. As per me the difference between Sec-21 and Sec-35 (price wise) isn't too much. The advantage with Sec-21 is that you have shops etc close by (Reliance Fresh, Spinach and a few malls), quite a few schools as well. There are already quite a few people staying in the area. There are more buses from there and autos are available as well. So, if you are going to stay there you can move in almost immediately, if you are investing, it'll be easy to sell. What the price will be 2 years from now, well that's anybody's guess and I'd rather not speculate on that.
    CommentQuote
  • The difference betwee Sector 21 and Sector 35 is hardly a couple of miles. Living near a station is like living in the most crapiest area of town. You dont want a view of the sabji mandi's from you balcony. What you want is fresh air when you open your freaking balcony. Of what I hear Sector 21 is not bad but a lot of investors are moving away from Sector 21 towards 35, I know about 20 people who bought flats in Sect 35 about 6-8 months back at an asking rate of 3200, and now in it's shot up to 4000. Sect 21 has remained constant. If you talk to some of the top realtors of the area the first thing they would recommend is sector 35. It's a fine bet and I am not speculating anything, it's a fact that Sector 35 has gone up significantly in the last 6-8 months, if this continues to happen its very likely that it may reach 5000-6000 in 2 years. That's a given.
    CommentQuote
  • well in that case u probably haven't been to sector 35. all u'll see from ur balcony is brick kilns and the area is next to small industrial units so I doubt u'll get any of that fresh air when you open your freaking balcony. also, sec-21 is by no means next to the station, and as far as I can recollect, a view of the sabji mandi is not something that I have come across next to any station in New Bombay (that's more of a mumbai thing). it's true that the prices are at about 4k and were at 3.2k (in 08) but, there is nothing special happening in sec-35 which would make it a preferred destination over sec-21 so even if prices go to 5-6k as you say, I'm sure sec 21 would command the same or more. (also the prices in sec-21 were sub 4k as well in 08 and they have increased since).

PS: I personally have no interest in either of those two sectors.
    CommentQuote
  • What's the news with Sector 35?

I found a few interesting projects in sector 35. Looking at this thread, I found there was argument between sector 21 vs sector 35.. I don't want to compare but since I have never been to Sector 35 before, can anyone give me a literary glimpse of that area, I would really appreciate.
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 10 roads are in very bad condition. Also lots of complexes are now ready to shiftin. I think this year before may-june 2012 the roads will be ready and then the future of the sector 10 is very good. I have purchased a flat in Shakati Heights. Looks to be a very good decision.
    CommentQuote
  • What is current rate in sector-10 kharghar?
    CommentQuote
  • It seems like asking price is around 7500 PSF in Sector 10 now. Anyone else has any other information.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear members - Can anyone shed more light on known development activities in Sec-10 (the original question)? There seems to be no planned parks (small or big) in Sector-10?
    CommentQuote
  • Firstpost Real%20estate

New airport delay will dent Navi Mumbai real estate prices

by Sunainaa Chadha Apr 2, 2013

#HowThisWorks #Navi Mumbai airport #Panvel #Real estate #Ulwe

Email4 Comments Print

.arti_new a { color: rgb(3, 101, 198) ! important; }.post-aside a { color: rgb(17, 83, 124) ! important; } For all those home buyers scouting for properties in Navi Mumbai, the prices of which have been on a roller-coaster ride ever since the airport proposal was announced, some good news in the offing as the new international airport in the satellite city is likely to be delayed further.
    On Monday Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan admitted that there has been a three times cost escalation in building the new airport due to stand off over compensation to project-affected people as well as other land acquisition hurdles due to which the project will not see the light of the day until at least 2015.
    Prices in Ulwe and Donagiri, barely two kilometers from the airport site, are bound to see a correction now after developers gravitated towards it and drove up the prices when the airport project was announced in 2010.
    Enquiries are not turning into deals, which is a bad news for builders. Reuters

Last year, property research firm Knight Frank had said that Ulwe, Kalamboli, Kharghar and Panvel are the most promising property investment destinations. But the assessment was based on the fact that the airport is expected to become operational in 2016. However, the project, touted as a mega infrastructure project to ease Mumbai’s air traffic woes, remains mired in property disputes years after conception.
    From Rs 4,766 crore in 2006-07, the cost of construction has increased to Rs 14, 573 crore, Chavan said in reply to a question by member Sanjay Dutt in the legislative council.
    “The cost was prepared in 2006-07 to cater to 40 lakh passengers annually, but the new planning is according to international standards and the airport will service 60 lakh passengers,” Chavan said, adding that the proposed capacity of the airport was another reason for cost escalation.
    The new international airport needs about 1,160 hectares of land for pure aviation purpose while 225 hectares is required for other purposes near the airport. Out of the 1,160 hectares land required for aviation, 291 hectares of land is yet to be acquired. Typically, an international airport takes about seven years to get commissioned from the time of basic construction, while land acquisition could take at least two to three years.
    This means the project work could only start in 2015 or 16.
    According to Chavan, the project will be completed in four phases, of which the first phase requires Rs 9150 crore alone. But since the price of land and compensation to be paid to the project-affected people too has risen, the airport is likely to be delayed further.
    Acquisition of 291 hectares has been delayed because of opposition by the project-affected who are demanding return of at least 30 percent of developed land as against the CIDCO’s offer of 12.5 percent. With elections due in 2014, many political parties such as the Shiv Sena and Peasants and Workers Party (PWP) have joined the farmer agitation, making sure the process is delayed even further.
    “As things stand now, land acquisition has become a means for a multitude of middle-men to make a lot of money. This is because the tough regulations and complexities related to acquiring land today provide huge arbitrage to such people. If the Government starts simplifying the process, middlemen can be eliminated, reducing the cost arbitrage and passing the benefit to the actual land owners,” said Mayank Saksena, Managing Director – Land Services, Jones Lang LaSalle India.
    Such delays are sure to have repercussions on the real estate market too. Developers have to wait for the airport authority to go ahead with the construction because buildings cannot go above certain heights in the restricted area. Secondly, unless the project is actually commissioned, neither the hospitality nor the real estate industry can flourish as there is no scope for habitations in these areas.
    “The current real estate prices in these areas at Rs 5,000 a square foot are unreasonable. Infrastructure projects like the proposed airport, the Mumbai Trans Harbour Sea Link and the Navi Mumbai SEZ are tools of speculation that developers use to jack up prices when they feel the crunch, ” Pankaj Kapoor, MD at real estate firm Liasas Foras told Firstpost.
    Secondly, the infrastructure in these places is not as good as that in other developed towns in the satellite city where prices are around Rs 6,000-7,500 a square foot. So unless you are an investor, willing to wait for at least 15 years on that investment, the current prices make no sense at all. This is evident from the lack of buyers.
    “Enquiries are not turning into deals, which is a bad news for builders. We expect the prices to get corrected soon,” said another industry expert.
    CommentQuote