Hello: Can someone tell the group what is the best way to invest in Real Estate sector in Mumbai for NRI's ?

Pre-pre launch Phase of New Projects
Pre-launch Phase of New Projects
Launch Phase of New Projects
Construction Phase of New Projects
Ready flat
Fixed return on the invested capital with a builder
Start my own Company to develop real estate
REIT on stock Market
Any other ideas

Please list advantages and disadvantages of each of the above possibilities based on your personal experience, knowledge or ideas.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,
    I am also NRI an dlooking for property in Mumbai.

Under construction properties are little cheap compared to ready possessions.Pros and cons are there for both. under construction you have to wait, reday possessions is readily available fo rrent etc.
    So its upto an individual and its financial capability where to invest.
    CommentQuote
  • Same here looking for the best reliable property but not able to make a decision. Pre Launch and New Launch are too risky even if its a good builder. prices are too high for others that are close to completion. good area is also another issue. So many projects that I felt look good I have come here and read about it only to find that area is not great or builder has some issues with approvals etc.

This is a great forum where at least some people who make site visits share their experiences and give a genuine virtual walkthrough. I am still looking for a good project in andheri west area but its confusing. Prices are crazy.
    CommentQuote
  • nowadays prelaunch and rtm is almost same with caluclation of floor rise & tax
    CommentQuote
  • I was searching for options till early last year but concluded that NRE FDRS and Equity Mutual Funds remain the best investment options for NRI's.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, best way to invest in India Real Estate for NRI's would be through a REIT, like Piramal's Funds.
    Not worth the head ache and misery in under construction projects. RTM projects are better if you do not want to go into RE Funds\REITs. The prices are almost similar and lot less risk.
    CommentQuote