Any views on this project? It is on Kolshet Road next to Kalpatru. The construction quality looks good but I don't have much idea about the builder. How is this project compared to others in vicinity?
Read more
30 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Looks like no one here has any idea about this project. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rajdoll9,
    I visited this project 1 - 2 months back. It seemed alright to me though not that great. If you are planning to spend around 1 Cr or more, I would recommend you to go for Kalpataru or Wadhawa.
    CommentQuote
  • Gala Pride Palms

I visited this property last week and liked the building's quality, especially the height of the rooms (which was quite high at 10 feet, if I remember correctly). The location seems to be promising with many reputed projects coming up in the vicinity. Has anyone booked an apartment here recently? Any more expert opinion?
    CommentQuote
  • And the builder, Gala group is reputed builder in gujrat (Ahmedabad) and are now entering into the Mumbai real estate market. Got this information from their website.
    CommentQuote
  • Can anyone give me their opinion about how this project compares with respect to other residential projects (Vijay residence, Platinum heritage, Highland Park etc) in this area/Thane West/GB road. Comparison on the basis of future price appreciation/ rentals. Is it advisable to buy property in Pride Palms?
    CommentQuote
  • please have a look at his existing projects, highland park and highland residency to check for the quality. last heard the builder was facing fund crunch, you should have a look at that point too to ensure timely delivery
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitdejavu24
    please have a look at his existing projects, highland park and highland residency to check for the quality. last heard the builder was facing fund crunch, you should have a look at that point too to ensure timely delivery

Are you referring to Builders of Highland Park or for Pride Palms with regards to cash crunch?
    CommentQuote
  • I will advise against the project. Better buy an RTM in the Kolshet/ Dhokali area from Highland or Siddheswar etc. 2BHKs RTM shall be available for 90lacs- 1Cr (all incl) and have peace of mind.
    CommentQuote
  • both the builders are the same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb
    I will advise against the project. Better buy an RTM in the Kolshet/ Dhokali area from Highland or Siddheswar etc. 2BHKs RTM shall be available for 90lacs- 1Cr (all incl) and have peace of mind.

I have been doing some research in thane area but have never come across RTM a the rate of 90 lacs - 1 Cr all inclusive. All the projects I have seen (Platinum Heritage, Vijay Residency, Dosti etc.) were under construction and the rates were above 1.1 Cr all inclusive. Is 90lacs- 1Cr (all incl) the actual rates in this area?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sroy40
    I have been doing some research in thane area but have never come across RTM a the rate of 90 lacs - 1 Cr all inclusive. All the projects I have seen (Platinum Heritage, Vijay Residency, Dosti etc.) were under construction and the rates were above 1.1 Cr all inclusive. Is 90lacs- 1Cr (all incl) the actual rates in this area?

Please visit few property sites and look for Kolshet area/ Dhokali for the listings in this area ( I like the listings of 99, easy to navigate but others are also now equally good). Normally you shall be able to negotiate around 10% from the listed value, but depends on many other factors. I have sold a 2.5 BHK at Everest World for 96 lacs last year Aug/Sep.

My sincere advise, stay away from Under Construction in these rough times, and go for only RTM, specially as RTMs are quoting at same/discount to under construction properties.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb
    Please visit few property sites and look for Kolshet area/ Dhokali for the listings in this area ( I like the listings of 99, easy to navigate but others are also now equally good). Normally you shall be able to negotiate around 10% from the listed value, but depends on many other factors. I have sold a 2.5 BHK at Everest World for 96 lacs last year Aug/Sep.

My sincere advise, stay away from Under Construction in these rough times, and go for only RTM, specially as RTMs are quoting at same/discount to under construction properties.

Thank you for your sound advice. This forum has given me a lot of information. And based on your recommendation I have started searching for RTM property.

But just for my clarity, are you recommending RTM since there are expected delays in all under construction projects. Suppose I buy flat in an under construction property (say Gala pride Palms/Highland Park on Kolshet road) then the worst case scenario will be delay in possession, isnt it? Or there is there anything else I must look out for. Pardon me if my questions seem elementary as I am a first time buyer.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sroy40
    Thank you for your sound advice. This forum has given me a lot of information. And based on your recommendation I have started searching for RTM property.

But just for my clarity, are you recommending RTM since there are expected delays in all under construction projects. Suppose I buy flat in an under construction property (say Gala pride Palms/Highland Park on Kolshet road) then the worst case scenario will be delay in possession, isnt it? Or there is there anything else I must look out for. Pardon me if my questions seem elementary as I am a first time buyer.

Delay is a minor problem, but there may be a good chance that they may not deliver at all. Please visit various threads for a prominent builder named Nirmal (Mulund area)..Construction is going on forever. They have been doing that even when market was great.. now, just wonder what he will do when market is bad. Even builder like Lodha is not safe in these times, considering that they have piled up huge debt (Lodha has 12,000 crores of debt and they don't have any ancillary business like DLF etc to hive off) and the cash they are generating are not even good enough to service even the interest they owe to the banks, let alone using for construction. If the bad situation prolongs, then they are likely to default and banks will take over and auction to recover their dues. For more clarity, read the case about Orbit Residency Park of Sakinaka..

If the money is yours, then play safe. A hit in RE is real big, and many may broke. Just imagine, that you paid to some builder 20 lacs cash or loan and the project never delivered, your cash is gone. Unitech, DLF and many other are in shambles. Mumbai, it is not yet prominent but a prolonged bad situation in RE will forced many to flee and banks to take over. FYI, all the projects are already mortgaged to one of the Financial institutions and they have the first right to take over the property (as is where is basis).

So unless, you get to enter with less than 10% and balance in possession (without any bank loan) and the clause properly drafted in the agreement, it is not worth for UC properties. Please don't go for no EMI till possession schemes, as these builders are in dire straits and they wants to use the customer as the bakra to get a cheap loan. Even if the buider runs away, and plots are auctioned, you are liable to pay as you are the primary borrower and guarantor to the loan.

Considering that you are getting good RTM in the same vicinity from good socities at almost same or even at a discount to the quoted price, it will be ideal to go for RTM.

Finally it is upto you, your money, your decision and all the risk and rewards are also yours.
    CommentQuote
  • Highland park and Highland Residency, the developer is by the name of Siddhi Group, whereas Pride Palms is by Gala Group. I guess, the developers are different. Any one who has booked in Pride Palms?
    CommentQuote
  • Am also looking at Pride palms. Works seems to be on in full swing. Can somebody comment on the rate of 2BHK at 1.18crore with carpent of 652sqft in this area ? It is next to Lodha bigbang
    CommentQuote