There was alot of noise created when Nirmal announced the proposed 5 star hotel in Mulund..especially so to serve as a tool to market their residential and commercial properties around the proposed site. Infact the brochure of Zircom mentions that even today.!
But it seems that either they have gone slow on this or perhaps indefinitely kept on hold. If anyone has any other information, please share. It will only help to assess Nirmal's properties and not fall for their sales pitch. BTW, if anyone has passed thru the proposed site recently, have you noticed the horrible traffic connecting to the LBS marg. I hope there is some planning involved in managing the increase in traffic from the onslaught of:
- three new towers (Zircom and others) each of 30 stories
- nearby new towers by Nirmal and other builders
- mall traffic keeps on increasing

Just sharing some views, pls feel free to add.
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • with all the towers on LBS road, be ready to see huge congestion.
    CommentQuote
  • Reports from accor groupin September suggest that the Sofitel & So Hotel will be completed by 2012.The sofitel hotel report clearly indicates two hotels & a convention center in mulund as planned(which in their language means -under construction).
    So it is definitely going to be built but when it will be completed God alone knows.He has planned a mall with it.But I do not think he will go ahead with the mall since commercial rents have fallen.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aamir
    Reports from accor groupin September suggest that the Sofitel & So Hotel will be completed by 2012.The sofitel hotel report clearly indicates two hotels & a convention center in mulund as planned(which in their language means -under construction).
    So it is definitely going to be built but when it will be completed God alone knows.He has planned a mall with it.But I do not think he will go ahead with the mall since commercial rents have fallen.

Hi Aaamir,
    Thanks.. that is good info. If we go by 2012 timeline, then for sure they have kept it on hold.. since there is no major indication about any work going on out there. As for another mall on LBS... ahh...can't imagine what it would be once it comes up...as Wadia pointed.. it will only add to the congestion. I hope the city planners (if something like this exist) are looking at the scenario few years down the line, rather than just taking a short term or current view (which itself is not that good at present). I had asked the Sales Rep for Zircom and they said a big YES that it will come, but when asked about the timeline...a BIG silence. (I mean no definite answer).
    Feel free to keep adding with the latest.
    CommentQuote