Kharghar Vs Thane, Mumbai - Investment Options

Last updated: September 27 2016
64 | Posts
33338 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kharghar Vs Thane, Mumbai - Investment Options

I m looking property for investment purpose,but stiil confused to finalise the area.Please suggest which location will be better? so I can get good appreciation.

Also currently heard about RBI Policy..that might be home loan rate could affect the realty prices...as prices in mumbai are on the peeks these days.

I should have to Invest or wait?
    Last edited September 27 2016, 03:25 PM.

Re : Kharghar Vs Thane, Mumbai - Investment Options

Originally posted by sarikag View Post
    I m looking property for investment purpose,but stiil confused to finalise the area.Please suggest which location will be better? so I can get good appreciation.

Also currently heard about RBI Policy..that might be home loan rate could affect the realty prices...as prices in mumbai are on the peeks these days.

I would say wait or put your money somewhere else.
    Does Thane at 5k or Kharghar at 4K make sense to you? Go by your instincts not by the trend.
    Today's TOI notes that MMRDA will build 40000 houses in thane(GB). Do you think that there is any sense in buying at 5K when next doors people buy at 2.5K?
    Last edited April 21 2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks,It will really help me to sort out the location.
      Do u believe if home loan intrest is going to increase it will affect the property demand and altemately property rate

Comment

Thanks,It will really help me to sort out the location.
        Do u believe if home loan intrest is going to increase it will affect the property demand and altemately property rate
        Home loans will gradually increase over the next 1 year by atleast 2-3%
        But then it add only few extra 1000s to EMI while salaries rise 10-20% p.a.
        So affordability is not impacted as such. The demand by investor does soften a bit though.

Comment

don't know about MMRDA (I think they are coming up with some rental housing in some distant suburb .. boisar maybe). But, MHADA is expecting to get 40000 flats but, most of those would be in Panvel and Pune. There are only 1500 flats coming up in Thane. All of those are going to be 300 to 500 sq. ft. so they would be for the lower income group. And they will all be allotted by a lottery system. So, I think those flats aren't what anyone here needs to worry about. Here's the aricle : http://www.indianexpress.com/news/af...da-nod/609109/

About the original post, I think Kharghar is better than Thane in my opinion. Been to thane a few times and don't like the place much. Old buildings, not soo great roads, crowded just like mumbai and nothing special in terms of future plans. People could probably get attracted to some premium projects or buy based on a builders reputation but, those are available in Navi Mumbai (Kharghar) as well.

Comment

500 sq ft carpet areas is just 100 less than what the builder sells for 1000 sqft.
            I somehow see more jobs being created in Thane then in Navi Mumbai. But then again 5k for thane is too much.
            It was 1200-1700 in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by wadia View Post
              500 sq ft carpet areas is just 100 less than what the builder sells for 1000 sqft.
              I somehow see more jobs being created in Thane then in Navi Mumbai. But then again 5k for thane is too much.
              It was 1200-1700 in 2006.
              maybe true but, mhada usually has restrictions on how much you need to earn to qualify for those flats and I think it's less than 8k for the EWS ones and between 8k and 12k for the LIG ones. I doubt there are too many people here who would qualify for that. And then there are all the quotas.

About jobs I think there are 3 or more SEZ's coming up around navi mumbai and those are supposed to create jobs (although almost all of those are really just real estate plays).

Comment

I am not sure if there will be MIG ones too. Many people fake it but obviously we are not discussing such cases here. 500 square feet at 2.5 K / 3K is no LIG :-). The panvel ones will definitely be LIG. It is by this pandhe group who spees in these.

As regards the SEZ, all SEZs come with huge housing projects inside. Some of these are just land-grab ploys that will be used by developers to sell real estate.

Comment

Panvel or kharghar

Hi Sarikag,

My opinion

You should make some choice between panvel and kharghar.

thanks
                  nano.

Comment

Originally posted by nano2010 View Post
                    Hi Sarikag,

My opinion

You should make some choice between panvel and kharghar.

thanks
                    nano.
                    I don't think that should be the case. If you can afford Kharghar, you shouldn't even think about Panvel.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X