I m looking property for investment purpose,but stiil confused to finalise the area.Please suggest which location will be better? so I can get good appreciation.

Also currently heard about RBI Policy..that might be home loan rate could affect the realty prices...as prices in mumbai are on the peeks these days.

I should have to Invest or wait?
Read more
63 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sarikag
    I m looking property for investment purpose,but stiil confused to finalise the area.Please suggest which location will be better? so I can get good appreciation.

Also currently heard about RBI Policy..that might be home loan rate could affect the realty prices...as prices in mumbai are on the peeks these days.

I would say wait or put your money somewhere else.
    Does Thane at 5k or Kharghar at 4K make sense to you? Go by your instincts not by the trend.
    Today's TOI notes that MMRDA will build 40000 houses in thane(GB). Do you think that there is any sense in buying at 5K when next doors people buy at 2.5K?
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks,It will really help me to sort out the location.
    Do u believe if home loan intrest is going to increase it will affect the property demand and altemately property rate
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sarikag
    Thanks,It will really help me to sort out the location.
    Do u believe if home loan intrest is going to increase it will affect the property demand and altemately property rate

Home loans will gradually increase over the next 1 year by atleast 2-3%
    But then it add only few extra 1000s to EMI while salaries rise 10-20% p.a.
    So affordability is not impacted as such. The demand by investor does soften a bit though.
    CommentQuote
  • don't know about MMRDA (I think they are coming up with some rental housing in some distant suburb .. boisar maybe). But, MHADA is expecting to get 40000 flats but, most of those would be in Panvel and Pune. There are only 1500 flats coming up in Thane. All of those are going to be 300 to 500 sq. ft. so they would be for the lower income group. And they will all be allotted by a lottery system. So, I think those flats aren't what anyone here needs to worry about. Here's the aricle : http://www.indianexpress.com/news/affordable-housing-4-projects-on-pvt-land-get-mhada-nod/609109/

About the original post, I think Kharghar is better than Thane in my opinion. Been to thane a few times and don't like the place much. Old buildings, not soo great roads, crowded just like mumbai and nothing special in terms of future plans. People could probably get attracted to some premium projects or buy based on a builders reputation but, those are available in Navi Mumbai (Kharghar) as well.
    CommentQuote
  • 500 sq ft carpet areas is just 100 less than what the builder sells for 1000 sqft.
    I somehow see more jobs being created in Thane then in Navi Mumbai. But then again 5k for thane is too much.
    It was 1200-1700 in 2006.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wadia
    500 sq ft carpet areas is just 100 less than what the builder sells for 1000 sqft.
    I somehow see more jobs being created in Thane then in Navi Mumbai. But then again 5k for thane is too much.
    It was 1200-1700 in 2006.

maybe true but, mhada usually has restrictions on how much you need to earn to qualify for those flats and I think it's less than 8k for the EWS ones and between 8k and 12k for the LIG ones. I doubt there are too many people here who would qualify for that. And then there are all the quotas.

About jobs I think there are 3 or more SEZ's coming up around navi mumbai and those are supposed to create jobs (although almost all of those are really just real estate plays).
    CommentQuote
  • I am not sure if there will be MIG ones too. Many people fake it but obviously we are not discussing such cases here. 500 square feet at 2.5 K / 3K is no LIG :-). The panvel ones will definitely be LIG. It is by this pandhe group who spees in these.

As regards the SEZ, all SEZs come with huge housing projects inside. Some of these are just land-grab ploys that will be used by developers to sell real estate.
    CommentQuote
  • Panvel or kharghar

Hi Sarikag,

My opinion

You should make some choice between panvel and kharghar.

thanks
    nano.

Originally Posted by sarikag

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nano2010
    Hi Sarikag,

My opinion

You should make some choice between panvel and kharghar.

thanks
    nano.

I don't think that should be the case. If you can afford Kharghar, you shouldn't even think about Panvel.
    CommentQuote
  • Its Really confusing to take the right decision for investment.
    Yesterday I saw one CNBC AWAAJ program about property rates in mumbai,According to them property in mumbai is in danger zone and people should have to wait and watch before making any investment.
    Even developers opinion that the property rates hikes almost 25% in last 8-9 months,and they are expecting those will fall around 5-20% in the next 1-2 years.
    Even in kharghar also they said in last june rate was 3300 which is revised to 4000 and above now.

Is it really so...????
    CommentQuote
  • I'm in the same soup.. and believe a lot of other people are too. I am looking at Thane for personal reasons, but have studied in Kharghar long time back, and the place has changed like a magic spell. I don't know myself whether to wait or buy, so would not comment on that. But Kharghar should be a great place to invest, looking at all the hep things happening there. Panvel for me would be something like Kalyan, Badblapur in the central line compared to Thane, Mulund. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but from an investment point of view, you also need to think of returns!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nishant303
    I'm in the same soup.. and believe a lot of other people are too. I am looking at Thane for personal reasons, but have studied in Kharghar long time back, and the place has changed like a magic spell. I don't know myself whether to wait or buy, so would not comment on that. But Kharghar should be a great place to invest, looking at all the hep things happening there. Panvel for me would be something like Kalyan, Badblapur in the central line compared to Thane, Mulund. I'm not saying one is better than the other, but from an investment point of view, you also need to think of returns!

Read about base effect in economics.
    CommentQuote
  • Personally, I have pre-booked ( 1 month ago) in 2 projects , one in kharghar- hyde park and other is Indiabulls. Got the rate of 2900+100 for indiabulls and 3800 for the hyde park The area for indiabull is 1673 and hyde park is 1500 for 3BHK - so the costing is almost equal.

As I am out of mumbai - not able to decide which one to go far. Will be in mumbai next month and then decide. But here i am living with risk of losing at least 5% of deposit if i back out from one project.

Thanks

nano

Originally Posted by geeee
    I don't think that should be the case. If you can afford Kharghar, you shouldn't even think about Panvel.
    CommentQuote
  • Can you please elaborate this "base effect" wadia

thanks

nano

Originally Posted by wadia
    Read about base effect in economics.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nano2010
    Can you please elaborate this "base effect" wadia

thanks

nano

Hi Nano,

I would have loved to spend half an hour writing about base effect in this context, but alas there are only 24 hours in a day.
    I would advise Indiabulls. I am sure 10 people will come and bash me for this advice but I want to give you my honest personal opinion. And for people who disagree please don't quote me, I do not want to get in the discussion of kharghar, panvel, bubble, affordability and central park.
    CommentQuote