I'm looking into the Runwal Greens construction Mulund. Wondering if there are other folks who have been looking into this property for investment or otherwise.
Read more
Reply
228 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • "Why not HDIL then?"

    shabboooooo
    It amazes me, when folks start beating their chest, denouncing ONE project/development at the same time PATRONIZING the other one (shabooo do u have the count of posts/instances you have asked in this forum (IRE-forum) the exact same question "Why not HDIL then?")
    I'm a end-user of Mulund RE, and no agent, well-wisher, salesmen, Pro-builder party or any other fantasy impression, one had while commenting on my earlier posts.
    Some HDIL DREAMS home owners are willing to SHARE their wonderful experience at the below links
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/hdil-dreams-c455935.html
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/hdil-dheeraj-dreams-builders-c63281.html
    Plz send email to customers of existing DREAMzz (email link in the above thread) on their direct feedback abt HDIL dreams experience..let us know what u find out....
    email Sachin Bhanushali & Arpit Sawant (Arpit's Contact NO :- 9869007328/21660836)
    If you really feel moved, charmed, In love with the HDIL (for simply mentioning it in so many threas on IRE) do OPEN a Fresh, new discussion thread on the HDIL project to seek expert advice, want more visibility/publicity ...
    This forum intent, purpose a its Title suggests – dedicated to have conversation, networking around 'Runwal Greens - Mulund' project....to me its meaningless to hijack the conversation patronizing projects(HDIL), when one has nothing but biased views/impression abt something that is the red-thread of the current discussion. (Rgreens development) Sure Rates quoted seems to be High compared to the ones u are comparing it to… Read thru the CNBC TV18 piece by Oberoi’s on Mulund RE hope it makes u feel better and u stay away from the anti-rGreens bashing for time being. http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ipo-new-listings/see-average-realisationrs-10ksq-ft-at-mulund-oberoi_492651.html
    My 2 cents: Keep Dreaming and you surely will realize ur 'DREAMzz' one day...What Goes around comes around
    Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    I don't think Runwal Greens is worth the price it's quoting.
    Again, one major point they are failing to disclose is that the land is 'LEASED LAND' and NOT a free hold land. Have you guys checked that?

    Adjoining to Runwal is HDIL Majestic Towers. HDIL has poor reputation due to Dreamz, and the complex is small - leaving not too much of empty spaces for amenities. However, the flat layout and spacing is better than Runwal's. The price tag too is comparatively very low as compared to Runwal or any other project in Mulund. And the location advantage is same as Runwal. So why not Majestic Towers? Expert comments requested.
    THANKS/
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhuvaan
    shabboooooo
    It amazes me, when folks start beating their chest, denouncing ONE project/development at the same time PATRONIZING the other one (shabooo do u have the count of posts/instances you have asked in this forum (IRE-forum) the exact same question "Why not HDIL then?")
    I'm a end-user of Mulund RE, and no agent, well-wisher, salesmen, Pro-builder party or any other fantasy impression, one had while commenting on my earlier posts.
    Some HDIL DREAMS home owners are willing to SHARE their wonderful experience at the below links
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/hdil-dreams-c455935.html
    http://www.consumercomplaints.in/complaints/hdil-dheeraj-dreams-builders-c63281.html
    Plz send email to customers of existing DREAMzz (email link in the above thread) on their direct feedback abt HDIL dreams experience..let us know what u find out....
    email Sachin Bhanushali & Arpit Sawant (Arpit's Contact NO :- 9869007328/21660836)
    If you really feel moved, charmed, In love with the HDIL (for simply mentioning it in so many threas on IRE) do OPEN a Fresh, new discussion thread on the HDIL project to seek expert advice, want more visibility/publicity ...
    This forum intent, purpose a its Title suggests – dedicated to have conversation, networking around 'Runwal Greens - Mulund' project....to me its meaningless to hijack the conversation patronizing projects(HDIL), when one has nothing but biased views/impression abt something that is the red-thread of the current discussion. (Rgreens development) Sure Rates quoted seems to be High compared to the ones u are comparing it to… Read thru the CNBC TV18 piece by Oberoi’s on Mulund RE hope it makes u feel better and u stay away from the anti-rGreens bashing for time being. http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ipo-new-listings/see-average-realisationrs-10ksq-ft-at-mulund-oberoi_492651.html
    My 2 cents: Keep Dreaming and you surely will realize ur 'DREAMzz' one day...What Goes around comes around


    Hey Lad, you're taking it too personally, aren't you? I am not a HDIL praiser nor I am runwal basher! What I was only keen about is only finding out if the price runwal is quoting, i.e. Rs. 1300 higher than neighbouring HDIL is worth it or not.

    I myself have found out the strong sentiments against HDIL Dreamz - being the z rate quality etc. Even the HDIL people I spoke to agree to this. However, their claim is that now for Majestic Tower their construction contractor is SIMPLEX INFRA, which is one of the best known and reputed companies - you will find out if you search on net. That makes me wonder if they will truly not repeat the same blues that the Dreamz residents have been suffering.

    Chill out and please educate me if I am heading in the wrong direction dear. I promise not to take anything personaly.

    BTW, Thanks for the links regarding HDIL consumer complaints. I am following up with those guys what has it been like during last year or two since they launched their complaints.

    THANKS.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    .......However, their claim is that now for Majestic Tower their construction contractor is SIMPLEX INFRA, which is one of the best known and reputed companies - you will find out if you search on net. ......


    Sorry that reminds me something.....

    and the construction contractor of Runwal's is Gammon. I think this is the company that build a fly over in H'bad that collapsed and killed - only in few years after construction. Still, I can't say if Gammon are bad constructors.

    Can someone - a construction expert or a civil engineer - please compare gammon and simplex for the benefit of all our readers.
    THANKS.
    CommentQuote
  • Both HDIL and Runwal are third-class crap builders. About Oberoi,I hope they get enough fools to buy at 10k psf in mulund. :)
    CommentQuote
  • I know the wrong thread and off topic.. but who would you rate as a good builder?
    CommentQuote
  • No point of pulling down one builder and saying the other builder is good..there is no doubt that HDIL screwed up big time on dreams ..but by giving the project to simplex and personally visiting their site and seeing their quality of construction it looks like a good project available at cheap valuations as compared to the other project. Runwall Greens is also a good project and constructed by Gammon..well gammon has hyderabad and the delhi metro mishaps in its name but it also has constructed high rises before and done it well like simplex.

    Hdil is forced to sell its project at lower price because of its reputation due to dreams ....but also because of it business model of high volumes and lower price ..it helps them in meeting their interest obligation. If you can buy a project at a differential of 1500 rs per sq ft in the same area then i would say go for it....you return always depends on the price at which you enter.after completion of the projects runwall greens and hdil will fetch the same rates per sq ft. This time at least HDIL is not compromising with quality of construction thats for sure..but also its a small project with a smaller swimming pool as compared to 3 swimming pools in greens..also hdil is not charging for its club and swimming pool. i mean its your money ....no project is bad ..it depends upon one preferences and choices.
    CommentQuote
  • +1 (can't agree *MORE* with JMANALYST comments)

    +1 (can't agree *MORE* with JMANALYST comments)
    Originally Posted by JMANALYST
    No point of pulling down one builder and saying the other builder is good..there is no doubt that HDIL screwed up big time on dreams ..but by giving the project to simplex and personally visiting their site and seeing their quality of construction it looks like a good project available at cheap valuations as compared to the other project. Runwall Greens is also a good project and constructed by Gammon..well gammon has hyderabad and the delhi metro mishaps in its name but it also has constructed high rises before and done it well like simplex.
    Hdil is forced to sell its project at lower price because of its reputation due to dreams ....but also because of it business model of high volumes and lower price ..it helps them in meeting their interest obligation. If you can buy a project at a differential of 1500 rs per sq ft in the same area then i would say go for it....you return always depends on the price at which you enter.after completion of the projects runwall greens and hdil will fetch the same rates per sq ft. This time at least HDIL is not compromising with quality of construction thats for sure..but also its a small project with a smaller swimming pool as compared to 3 swimming pools in greens..also hdil is not charging for its club and swimming pool. i mean its your money ....no project is bad ..it depends upon one preferences and choices.

    CommentQuote
  • Lalbaug flyover collapse / Not the first time for errant firm

    I'm far from being a 'Construction expert' or a 'Civil engineer' - I guess they have STOPPED manufacturing GOOD breeds of 'both' these days..(especially in India) otherwise we won't be REMINDING each other of construction mishaps ... on a brighter side, when in DOUBT always 'Google' -- Don;t come at me again, as I always believe Google to be unbiased - Don't Be EVIL
    Very recent accolades for the Simplex Infra -
    Nov 09 2010- Police had booked four employees of Simplex Infrastructure, the builders of the flyover, for negligence.

    In May 2008, one person was killed and an auto-rickshaw driver was injured allegedly after a Simplex Infra' crane at the Metro site lost balance, causing the mishap.
    http://www.mid-day.com/news/2010/nov/041110-Metro-sites-Lalbaug-flyover-collapsed-mumbai.htm

    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/3-member-panel-to-probe-Lalbaug-flyover-collapse/708461/
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Notable Projects by Gammon India & Security concerns http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gammon_India
    http://www.gammonindia.com/aos_buildings_industrial.html

    Sorry that reminds me something.....

    and the construction contractor of Runwal's is Gammon. I think this is the company that build a fly over in H'bad that collapsed and killed - only in few years after construction. Still, I can't say if Gammon are bad constructors.

    Can someone - a construction expert or a civil engineer - please compare gammon and simplex for the benefit of all our readers.
    THANKS.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks

    Thanks to you both, JMANALYST & BHUVAN,

    I am really confused now whether to go for Majestic Tower or not.

    Also, yesterday they too have revised their price - it's 6201 psf now...

    :-(
    CommentQuote
  • ohh the price has increased well it was supposed to since it was quoting too low for a long time..even now you will end up paying only 150 rs more persq foot. At 6201 its still a safe bet i believe and the value will only appreciate ..imagine after 5 years you hear the prices to be 10000 and then you will feel bad that for 150 rs extra you missed another 4000 bucks ...doing research is very good but sometimes thinking too much is also bad ..you miss the big picture...have a vision do you think the price of the property will fall below 6200 ..looks very unlikely ..can it go at 7000 in next 2 years ...very likely.you have the answer ...i am guy who does valuations so i talk like that..i mean valuations ..cheap...expensive..forgive me for that. if you still feel uncomfortable then do not invest and go for some other property.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JMANALYST
    ohh the price has increased well it was supposed to since it was quoting too low for a long time..even now you will end up paying only 150 rs more persq foot. At 6201 its still a safe bet i believe and the value will only appreciate ..imagine after 5 years you hear the prices to be 10000 and then you will feel bad that for 150 rs extra you missed another 4000 bucks ...doing research is very good but sometimes thinking too much is also bad ..you miss the big picture...have a vision do you think the price of the property will fall below 6200 ..looks very unlikely ..can it go at 7000 in next 2 years ...very likely.you have the answer ...i am guy who does valuations so i talk like that..i mean valuations ..cheap...expensive..forgive me for that. if you still feel uncomfortable then do not invest and go for some other property.


    Thanks for your kind advise JMANALYST.
    MT is coming just next to (and very close to) the SRA towers of 17 stories. Could that be a deterrant?

    Any idea what rate the another complex in the vicinity - Ashford Royale - is quoting?

    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Long Term

    Well I still think in the long run it is going to be advantageous if u buy in mumbai rite now.

    The interest rates hv been high in india and yet mumbai has seen an unprecedented growth in the housing sector. Comparatively in the US due to political reasons Govt had kept the fed rates low and coz of which there was a boom in the housing sector which was followed by a subprime crash. The US Govt however had enuf cash to pump in to bring out freddie mae and fannie mac out of all this. However in india the regulators are quite good and the rates have been high despite wc there has been no dip in sales of housing...
    imagine what happens when the rates are reduced in india..... so i repeat.... anytime is a good time to buy property in mumbai....be it Runwal or HDIL ...JUST BUY...The next 10 yrs u ll make BIG money if you invest today..
    CommentQuote
  • Priced just right

    Ashford Royale is quoting 7500 and is opposite to HDIL..ALSO THE SRA project is a good building that he is building..also it is adjacent to greens and MT.Also just outside nahur station raycon ifra is building an IT park .. check their website you will get the info.Ceat is also planning to sell its property to some real estate company.So considering so many things happening i think go for it. you by waiting has already cost you some money....if you wait more it will go higher.
    CommentQuote
  • Development Opportunity :around RGreens, Mulund & Lower Powai area

    Development Opportunity : around Mulund (Primary catchment 0-15 mindrive zone -Mulund, Kanjurmarg, Vikhroli, Powai & Ghatkopar)

    Few evolving USP’s in this area based on my online research

    MAGNET MALL – bringing Mumbai’s 1st WALMART STORE
    I-THINK LODHA
    http://www.lodhagroup.com/ithink_kanjurmarg/index.php
    RAYCON IT PARK (
    http://www.rickmers-immobilien.com/index.php?id=30&L=1)

    Other notable upcoming commercial projects in the vicinity…
    Project Name Location
    Ackruti Corp park Kanjurmarg
    Mayuresh Shristi Park Bhandup
    Shristi Square Bhandup
    Joy Majestic Bhandup
    Raj Embassy Bhandup
    Powai Plaza Powai
    Dheeraj Kawal Vikhroli
    Raj Splendor Vikhroli
    V Space Ghatkopar
    Dipti Solitaire Ghatkopar
    Sanghvi Square Ghatkopar
    Nirmal galaxy - Avior Mulund

    2)Multiplex & Cinemas:The region is surrounded by a number of standalone single screen cinemas along with the following notable multiplexes.
    •Big Cinemas
    •PVR Multiplex
    • Cinemax
    • Fame cinemas Movie Time (Coming soon to Magnet Mall)

    3) Neptune Magnet Mall features – (1+ MILLION Square feet commercial zone)
    • Biggest food offering at 70,000 sq.ft.
    • India’s first multi Anchor Mall
    • 45,000 sq.ft Food & Entertainment centre.
    • Highest number of corner stores.
    • Wide retail-friendly frontages.
    • Integrated FC & FEC
    • With 4 grand atriums, majority of the shops are atrium facing.
    • 1000 ft. Mammoth frontage.
    • Massive floor plate 2,35,000ft.
    • Scientifically zoned mall.
    • Customer-oriented circulation and layout.

    4) Mumbai Metro Rail Project - Phase II
    Distance In kms. 12.4Tentative completion From GhatkoparTo Mulund (probably Teen Haath Naka)
    (Source: MMRDA website)Distance In kms. 12.4Tentative completion From GhatkoparTo Mulund (probably Teen Haath Naka)
    (Source: MMRDA website)Distance In kms. 12.4Tentative completion From GhatkoparTo Mulund (probably Teen Haath Naka)
    (Source: MMRDA website)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bhuvaan
    Development Opportunity : around Mulund (Primary catchment 0-15 min drive zone - Mulund, Kanjurmarg, Vikhroli, Powai & Ghatkopar)

    Few evolving USP’s in this area based on my online research
    1) COMMERCIAL /OFFICE/IT PROJECTS:
    a) MAGNET MALL – bringing Mumbai’s 1st WALMART STORE
    b) I-THINK LODHA (http://www.lodhagroup.com/ithink_kanjurmarg/index.php)
    c) RAYCON IT PARK (http://www.rickmers-immobilien.com/index.php?id=30&L=1)

    Other notable upcoming commercial projects in the vicinity…
    Project Name Location
    Ackruti Corp park Kanjurmarg
    Mayuresh Shristi Park Bhandup
    Shristi Square Bhandup
    Joy Majestic Bhandup
    Raj Embassy Bhandup
    Powai Plaza Powai
    Dheeraj Kawal Vikhroli
    Raj Splendor Vikhroli
    V Space Ghatkopar
    Dipti Solitaire Ghatkopar
    Sanghvi Square Ghatkopar
    Nirmal galaxy - Avior Mulund

    2) Multiplex & Cinemas:The region is surrounded by a number of standalone single screen cinemas along with the following notable multiplexes.
    Big Cinemas
    PVR Multiplex
    Cinemax
    Fame cinemas
    Movie Time (Coming soon to Magnet Mall)

    3) Neptune Magnet Mall features – (1+ MILLION Square feet commercial zone)
    • Biggest food offering at 70,000 sq.ft.
    • India’s first multi Anchor Mall
    • 45,000 sq.ft Food & Entertainment centre.
    • Highest number of corner stores.
    • Wide retail-friendly frontages.
    • Integrated FC & FEC
    • With 4 grand atriums, majority of the shops are atrium facing.
    • 1000 ft. Mammoth frontage.
    • Massive floor plate 2,35,000ft.
    • Scientifically zoned mall.
    • Customer-oriented circulation and layout.

    4) Mumbai Metro Rail Project - Phase II
    Distance In kms. 12.4
    Tentative completion 2016
    From Ghatkopar
    To Mulund (probably Teen Haath Naka)
    (Source: MMRDA website)

    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/metro-bars-gammon-for-two-years/710494/
    CommentQuote