Name of Lodha Bigbang Thane.

Moderator's Note - About the Project

Lodha Codename Big Bang is the brand new creation by real estate builder Lodha Group. The construction of Lodha Big Bang is widely spread beyond wide 87 acres of land having most charming greeneries that is entirely spread all through till your eyes can reach. The project is conveniently located in Kolshet Road, Thane and enjoys close proximity to all social facilities.

Lodha Codename Big Location Advantages:

Lodha Bigbang Thane West is one of the well-developed localities in Mumbai which falls under the Mumbai Metropolitan Region. It is only 4.3 kilometers (7-minute drive) from Eastern Express Highway and 5.1 kilometers from the Thane Railway Station. It is also within close proximity to NH-3, NH-4 and enjoys good connectivity with the rest of Mumbai.

Lodha Codename Bigbang Thane West is surrounded by landmarks and tourist spots which are visited by people from all over Mumbai and India. This includes the Sanjay Gandhi National Park which includes the 4th century archaeology site, Kanheri Caves. Other nearby attractions include the Upwan Lake, Kelwa Beach and the Gateway of India.
Read more
18 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • any latest updates on the pricing?
    CommentQuote
  • Let's please use the original thread for all updates., winner2015, can you please update the name of that project, if required and continue with the earlier thread only
    CommentQuote
  • Hi

I have received a few emails and calls in the last few days for this project. Apparently Lodha has come up with an attractive 5% scheme where in you will have to pay only 5% of the 20% (in the 20% self funding and 80% bank funding) and the remaining 15% to be paid on possession. Also, i have been informed that there is a lot of buzz about this project and that Lodha has already received more than 1000 applications for this project.
    Can anyone shed light on this?

Regards
    CB
    CommentQuote
  • The rate is close to 8300/- psf and will increase with floor rise, that is what the mailers said. This seems pretty high for 1) pre-launch rate and 2) fact that the possession will take atleast 4 more years.

The cost of opportunitiy and uncertainity will take away all potential rate growth - assuming there would be one
    CommentQuote
  • 4 years to complete if and only if the buyers are very lucky! Only positive part here its seems that if some1 doesn't have cash at present, can book a home on basis of future incomes. Hope there are no hidden conditions which might cause problems for the buyer.
    CommentQuote
  • Any update on this project?
    CommentQuote
  • This thread is not updated - there is another one where all the discussion happens.

Update is - they have started plinth, and Demand for 35th% money is raised.
    CommentQuote
  • Could you provide the link to the main discussion.
    CommentQuote
  • I applied for a flat in Codename Big Bang. paid Rs.54000/-. But they did not allot me the flat in July 2015. Subsequently they offered me a flat which was in a building which was quite inside the project. I did not accept the allotment. Lodha's have forfeited Rs.54,000/-. is this correct?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Geetapoo
    I applied for a flat in Codename Big Bang. paid Rs.54000/-. But they did not allot me the flat in July 2015. Subsequently they offered me a flat which was in a building which was quite inside the project. I did not accept the allotment. Lodha's have forfeited Rs.54,000/-. is this correct?

Looks wierd, should not be the case unless buyer has explicitly signed that booking amount will not be refunded if flat is refused to be accepted. Either case, one can visit their corporate office in lower parel and speak to the folks understand why no refund - its not a small amount
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Geetapoo
    I applied for a flat in Codename Big Bang. paid Rs.54000/-. But they did not allot me the flat in July 2015. Subsequently they offered me a flat which was in a building which was quite inside the project. I did not accept the allotment. Lodha's have forfeited Rs.54,000/-. is this correct?

That is why they called this project Bigbang. Your money goes with a Big Bang!

On a more serious note, they will probably blame you for not reading the fine print. Have your lawyer send them a legal notice, they will then refund your money.
    CommentQuote
  • Overall Lodha Amara kolshet project beats Kalpataru & Dosti project for his phase1 speedy construction will be crossed 15th floor onwards with all documents in place ie iod/cc,land title,7/12,noc from environment/forest dept approval...

Land parcel purchase-Dec 2014
    IOD-February 2015
    CC -March 2015
    PreLaunch in July 2015
    Current construction status (July 2016) crossed 15th floor onwards..

Above movement seen the outstanding work done by Lodha which attract both End users and Investors...
    CommentQuote
  • Issue with Lodha seems to be the debt burden on its books which is quite overwhelming and puts it in a vulnerable position compared to other top tier builders. Approx 11000 crores + is the outstanding debt burden as of date.
    In its quest to become India's no-1 builder the debt has bloated. No doubt it sells maximum homes than any other builder (as per its claims) but with slight slackness in realty sector, the going would get tough for Lodha unless it continues to get funding from other sources like Piramals, PE, FDI, IPO etc..
    investors and end users need to take note.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by contactbrij
    Issue with Lodha seems to be the debt burden on its books which is quite overwhelming and puts it in a vulnerable position compared to other top tier builders. Approx 11000 crores + is the outstanding debt burden as of date.
    In its quest to become India's no-1 builder the debt has bloated. No doubt it sells maximum homes than any other builder (as per its claims) but with slight slackness in realty sector, the going would get tough for Lodha unless it continues to get funding from other sources like Piramals, PE, FDI, IPO etc..
    investors and end users need to take note.

Piramal has lent 425 cr to Lodha in a recent deal. The terms are heavily skewed in favor of Piramal. Piramal has literally squeezed Abhishek Lodha..Lodha has everything to lose.

Recently Moody's and Fitch have downgraded the credit rating of Lodha to negative. So Lodha is finding it difficult to borrow money from conventional sources like Banks. The money from Funds like Piramal comes at a huge cost. Piramal knows Lodha is not in a bargain position which further puts Lodha in a tight spot.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I personally think Kalpataru is better brand over Lodha. Its reputable and reliable and known for good quality constructions. Even though its not making big cities like Lodha Palava. There is a video on magic bricks now where an investor had asked for suggestions to invest in Lodha Amara, Hiranandani Fortune City Panvel and Kalpataru Immensa. The advisor recommended Kalpataru Immensa project. Please check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR1DoK4DnQQ&list=FLLm88tQ8qcrAU7OpU0lUdig&index=6

I believe posting this link is fine.
    CommentQuote