Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it a Good Idea to buy a Flat in Vihar?

Collapse
X
Collapse

Is it a Good Idea to buy a Flat in Vihar?

Last updated: June 20 2011
33 | Posts
17068 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a Good Idea to buy a Flat in Vihar?

I stay in Chembur as of now...and as my building is getting demolished we are planning to shift. Virar is a good option according to my parents. I dont know much about the place but with the thought of buying a flat in Virar makes me a bit worried.

Can anyone please help me know if we have good amenities there in virar and whether it is a good idea to buy a flat there?

Re : Is it a Good Idea to buy a Flat in Vihar?

If you have never been to Virar count yourself lucky. I would rather move on the Navi Mumbai side till Kharghar if I had a choice rather then the western/central line of extreme suburbs.

To get an idea catch the Churchgate - Virar 5:30 pm local and see for yourself

Comment

What is the budget that u are looking at.
      If the property is only for investment as in, if u are plaaning to go back to chembur when u building is reconstructed then i feel, Navi Mumbai is a better option, u will fetch better returns in long term.
      Yes, but before buying any property try traveling at least once during peak hours just to get the feel of it.
      Best of Luck.

Comment

Better try kharghar , panvel.
        virar /mira road have poor infra facilities ,
        Bus , train etc is a problem .
        Also the people are !dangerous ..try the local you know..

Comment

Rameshyahoo: Thanks for your suggestion..i will try talking to my parents about it

Bariyas: I seriously dont know much about the budget but i am not planning to buy a flat in virar for investment...i will not be coming back to chembur and so permanently shifting in there.

mamba: Thats for your suggestion -

ALL: I just got to know about 'Global city' as one of the options in Virar and my Dad says they have good water facilities, a nice Clubhouse with Swimming pool, Jucuzzi, Hi-tech gym and all. Now this really tempts me

I also went through the website for the same. The website seems Interesting but il still think over it

Even you can check out the website for the amenities i was talking about http://www.rustomjee.com/

Comment

Versatile,
            i live in Delhi now but i have stayed for some years in mumbai in late 90's.
            what i can suggest as per logic is that you should normally not invest(unless u have extra B-money) in a location of less repute, forget about moving. i believe Chembur is a better place than Virar. there are a lot many better options in Mumbai like Borivali link road if u need to compare prices.( i was there some weeks back and i found it well developed). this is just an option. i suggest u speak to more people and have mulitple discussion involving your family.
            all the best.
            MM

Comment

Hi munish,
              Firstly thanks for your reply. I had been to Virar yesterday after getting opinions from all four sides. My dad wanted us to come along so that even we could have an idea of the place and the surrounding. Trust me but even after having read all the above comments Global city seems to be a very promising project to me in all aspects.
              Firstly it is at a convenient walking distance from the station.
              Secondly it promises to fulfill the basic but most important requirements of roads, power, water, sewerage etc
              The infrastructure around is excellent with a club house with hi-tech gym and jacuzzi, Sanjivani hospital and convent schools nearby.
              They also have a big 12acres of playground and the most attractive thing that I got to know is about Arnala beach just a few kms away.

I am quite impressed with Global city and their plan. I am completely 'in' for the deal and don't mind ignoring the difficulties as they don't matter much to me.

Now we'll for sure book a flat as soon as possible

Comment

What is the current price/sq feet they are quoting now?

Comment

Hi rameshmr229,
                  Sorry for being late..

The rates that my dad was talking about was around Rs.2400/- per sq.ft

Comment

Originally posted by versatile.me View Post
                    Hi munish,
                    Firstly thanks for your reply. I had been to Virar yesterday after getting opinions from all four sides. My dad wanted us to come along so that even we could have an idea of the place and the surrounding. Trust me but even after having read all the above comments Global city seems to be a very promising project to me in all aspects.
                    Firstly it is at a convenient walking distance from the station.
                    Secondly it promises to fulfill the basic but most important requirements of roads, power, water, sewerage etc
                    The infrastructure around is excellent with a club house with hi-tech gym and jacuzzi, Sanjivani hospital and convent schools nearby.
                    They also have a big 12acres of playground and the most attractive thing that I got to know is about Arnala beach just a few kms away.

I am quite impressed with Global city and their plan. I am completely 'in' for the deal and don't mind ignoring the difficulties as they don't matter much to me.

Now we'll for sure book a flat as soon as possible
                    Am sure u would have worked out the travel time from home to office as well.can u send me the website link of this project?let me know what price you finally got and when is the possession.

I wish you all the best for the booking.
                    MM

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X