Evaluating various property investment options in NCR

Last updated: August 15 2012
30 | Posts
6270 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evaluating various property investment options in NCR

I am evaluating few of the places in NCR for property investment, budget is 40-45 lakhs. The intention is the only investment and good return. Holding period is 5-7 years. I have listed down few of the available options

1. Gurgoan (few new launches on far end sectors)
    2. TDI city Kundli
    3. Noida expressway sectors before 93
    4. Noida Extension/7x sectors/ Expressway
    6. Some unauthorized colonies of Delhi.
    7. Greater Noida(pari chowk)
    8. YEW

With my analysis and bit of homework i have cut down the following options

1 Gurgoan ( it is bit expensive and seems hard to get anything in the above budget )
    2 TDI/YEW ( I don’t find any solid reason for the appreciation of the property in these areas, i feel car race ,institutional area won't push the demand in such way that it will cross the supply)
    3 Noida Extension/7x sectors/ Expressway ( too much supply is the big concern here)

Now remaining options are

1. Some unauthorized colonies of Delhi

Positive points

- It is in Delhi
    - RTM
    - Supply is limited and demand is more

Negative points

- I can't think of leaving there, somehow when i see those small roads and absurd construction i feel suspicious for their future demand
    considering that new apartments are coming with good living condition at same prices point .Anyway my intention is investment only so i want to keep aside my personal
    liking.

2. Noida expressway sectors before 93

positive points

- Near to Delhi
    - Good roads/infra are in placed (frankly speaking driving is a pleasure there compare to the other areas, here i am considering both points
    distance and time, Not like Grater Noida where time is less but distance is quite good).
    - Few of the companies started expanding on expressway side.
    - Price point is ok compare to the infra and location(i feel it is controlled because of the oversupply in nearby region).
    - Metro is coming at Amity chowk, it will give push to this area
    - Widening of kalandi kunj road make this place more closer to Delhi
    - No Red light till lajpat nagar/Akshardham

Negative points
    - under construction property
    - oversupply
    - Lots of apprehension regarding the appreciation

3. Land near to pari chowk(greater Noida)

positive points

- Land (here i am considering land not apartment , i am not able to find out good piece of land in above budget anywhere else)
    - Good infra

Negative point
    - Distance ( it is too far from Delhi although roads are good)
    - There is huge land available and i don't see any triggering points which push this area - like job opportunities

It could be possible that my views are biased for some particular area because of my limited knowledge. Please excuse me for that. Now i am looking for some more inputs/ analysis from other members for the above areas.

Re : Evaluating various property investment options in NCR

Dheeraj,

Till the NE thing is sorted out.I don't think people will make any fresh investments in this area.As far as Eway is concerned oversupply is a concern in this area...My view point is that before sector 93 or after doesn;t matter much.The appreciation will all depend upon the quality of const and amenities.Look at Sec -93.People who have invested in ATS or Silvey city have got tripled or quadruple returns.

Comment

Originally posted by kattu786 View Post
      Dheeraj,

Till the NE thing is sorted out.I don't think people will make any fresh investments in this area.As far as Eway is concerned oversupply is a concern in this area...My view point is that before sector 93 or after doesn;t matter much.The appreciation will all depend upon the quality of const and amenities.Look at Sec -93.People who have invested in ATS or Silvey city have got tripled or quadruple returns.
      boss when these projects were launched (ATS , silvercity), everything was on the proposed road. even untill 4 yrs back, it was a nightmare to go to sector 93 in night. still its not that great after 10 pm. therefore people took risk of buying in ATS at higher prices from the standards of that time (mainly end users) and are rewarded with returns today. in 14 year an fd would also have given 3X 4 times returns

Comment

Originally posted by kattu786 View Post
        Dheeraj,

thanks for input i feel NE issue and the Noida project are unrelated , specially for that piece of land which was acquired long back and the seller already accepted the compensation. may be i am wrong, any way i am not going to buy recently... right now i am evaluating the options. tab tak situation or clear ho jaegi

Completely agree with your point that the apperciation depend upon the qulity of construction - i am taking this point as that i should be careful to choose the builder alongwith location.

aage kya hota hai we don't knoe but we should be very choose for picking teh builder.

Comment

Dheeraj,

Are you open to invest in areas like Manesar/Dharuhera/Bhiwadi region? Pretty good return so far and will also go up in the future looking at vast development that is happening at Manesar and on NH-8.

Comment

Thanks DjVain ...proximity to delhi is one my prime concern. Let me know if you something good in mind considering this criteria

Comment

Thats the thing - the safe and good investment closer to Delhi are either quite expensive or does not have enough steam left for appreciation.

Comment

Replying to your PM -

- no idea

2. TDI city Kundli
                - I have 2 plots there - invest only if you can wait 10-12 years - prices are around 15k per sqyard (TDI)

- not interested in chillar returns via flats investment

- terrible idea under current situation.

6. Some unauthorized colonies of Delhi
                - never ever - too many unknown n shady people - I can't handle it personally.

- Only plots - holding period another 10 years.

8. YEW
                - Are you NUTS ?

Just one advice - do what you think is right but do not invest in a flat ( NOIDA ).

Regards
                Sbajaj

Comment

Originally posted by sbajaj View Post
                  Replying to your PM -

- no idea

2. TDI city Kundli
                  - I have 2 plots there - invest only if you can wait 10-12 years - prices are around 15k per sqyard (TDI)

- not interested in chillar returns via flats investment

- terrible idea under current situation.

6. Some unauthorized colonies of Delhi
                  - never ever - too many unknown n shady people - I can't handle it personally.

- Only plots - holding period another 10 years.

8. YEW
                  - Are you NUTS ?

Just one advice - do what you think is right but do not invest in a flat ( NOIDA ).

Regards
                  Sbajaj

At the very outset thanks for the input,me idea is also inline with you. i have already cut down the list as shown above. now the close options for me is

Plots in Greater Noida
                  vs
                  Flat in south Delhi unauthorized colony( with clear title and having registry)

Comment

Originally posted by dheerajchugh303 View Post
                    At the very outset thanks for the input,me idea is also inline with you. i have already cut down the list as shown above. now the close options for me is

Plots in Greater Noida
                    vs
                    Flat in south Delhi unauthorized colony( with clear title and having registry)
                    If you have closed down to these two then the choice is very easy.

If you look at money and only money then Delhi unauthorized colony will give you more return on any day..... provided you have good connections.

If you want peaceful decent return in longer term, say 7-10 years horizon then GN Plot.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X