Collapse

Evaluating various property investment options in NCR

Last updated: August 15 2012
30 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Evaluating various property investment options in NCR

Option 2 looks most promising to me. But the basic point is the 30% u gotta manage. Flat in LB is good but in terms of the resale/appreciation delhi is certainly more promising. I believe people who have black money invest in plots/flats in delhi or plots in NCR. And people who depend more on the loan side go for Noida flats.
    If you can afford and if purely for investment,Delhi is better.

Comment

Originally posted by dheerajchugh303 View Post
      Thanks guys for input

interesting i was in this impression that gurgoan property had given good returns in last 3-4 year but 40% return is not a good at all. Thanks for sharing the facts.
      Not believe on dealers or biased persons, I knew several of my friends who purchase RTM 2 BHK with in 6 KM radious from IFFCO CHAWK at the rate of 35 Lac to 43 Lac in 2007 - 2008 (Registry , Dealer , Wood Work..... such cost extra) , and now at this time while we discuss they say that maximum they can get for their 2 BHK is 55 Lac-58 Lac if they try to sell to any end users. Because all of them have taken flats for their own living purpose hence actually no question of selling at this time but its true that in any already developed area of GGN there is not more than 40% appreciation in rates during last 3-4 years.

Recently 1 of my relative purchased under construction 2 BHK RAW flat in outer area of GGN (Vatika Society at Hero Honda Chawk, 16 KM from IFFCO CHAWK) in 28 Lac Ground Floor , now it will interesting to see that how much appreciation he will get after 5 years from now.
      Last edited May 27 2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Delhi is Delhi .........people are madly in love with filth, pollution n over crowded places.....you can make some money no doubt in that. Good thing is whenever you want to sell it - it will be fast (week(s)).

Plot in G.noida - no matter wherever you buy - you have to wait for 10 odd years for some good return. In 2008 - Plots in NRI city was selling for 32k per sqyard ........in 2011 they are selling around 26-28k per sqyard. Unless G.noida eco system is ready (Jobs/Industries/Population/Security/Public Transport etc) - it will grow slowly. Also finding a buyer will take time.

PS - why don't you buy built up simplex kothi (120-150 sqmtr) in g.noida and rent it to students ? You can easily make 4-5k per month / per student.

I.e Approx 25-30k per month as Rent + annual appreciation of the property which is coming with LAND.

Just to add - my ex neighbour in India - he has full 200 sqmtr kothi in g.noida given to students - makes 80k per month (without paying any tax).

Regards
        Sbajaj
        Last edited May 27 2011, 02:48 PM.

Comment

bajaj sir what is the current price of this simplex khothi ? can we take some loan in case if money is short

Comment

bajaj sir what is the current price of this simplex khothi ? can we take some loan in case if money is short
            Dheeraj,

You have to check n negotiate hard - to the best of my knowledge - 120 sqmtr kothi in a good sector like alpha/swarn nagri - will cost you around 50 lacs (all inclusive).

and Yes you can get a loan on such proerties.

Regards
            Sbajaj

Comment

Very informative thread.

I personally believe in stock market for investment. Real estate is just a less volatile appreciating asset to park your profits
              Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by Mogammo
                Read below post from Gurgaon forum (Worst investment decision till date). It will open your eyes for GN.
                Thanks a ton for highlighting facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
                  Very informative thread.

I personally believe in stock market for investment. Real estate is just a less volatile appreciating asset to park your profits

Venky i am looking for the input from your side also. please have a look at my shortlisted options and let me know your view point.

Comment

Venky i am looking for the input from your side also. please have a look at my shortlisted options and let me know your view point.
                    5-7 years is a good holding period.

I would go with a resale purchase in GGN flat in NH8 (sector 83-84 etc). You should be able to get a flat for 40-45 Lakhs. You can also buy a flat ready made in one of the developed sectors for this much - minus club house of course (basically, specification of NH8 flat will be better than the ready made flat in developed sector)

It should give you about 15% return - you can expect to get about 80L to 1Cr for the flat 7 years from now - and a few years of rent as well. YOu will of course have to pay the registration and keep it for a while.

At least it will hold value well even if things go wrong (unlike with plots). If you need the money quickly and 5-7 years from now (say for kids education/marriage which will come up) - flats in this range are easy to sell. Much better than plots if this is your purpose.

Plots are really good for the really rich - park money you dont need for decades and reap amazing rewards.

For normal middle class, plots are risky and speculative. FLats are much safer and easier to liquidate. Plots are more volatile and behave like stock market.

With 5-7 years holding, almost anything in RE should give better return than inflation. And I expect very bad inflation, so real estate seems to deserve a definite place in your portfolio.

I would recommend 30% of total investment (minus house you are living in) in RE, 30% in stocks, 30% in FD, 5% in gold and another 5% in your fancy (I prefer global funds). So if your funds are 1 Crore, buy a 40L flat. If you have only 40L, go with a resale in CLP to reduce exposure and increase time frame. After the bulk RE deal is over, rebuild your FD and stocks portion in 3-4 years. But dont put all your eggs in a flat - eggs tend to break sometimes and sometimes they rot
                    Last edited May 27 2011, 08:05 PM.
                    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Investment options in NCR below 50 Lakhs

Hi guys,
                      Iam looking for decent investment options in NCR - sub 60 Lacs (including upfront equity payment of 6 to 12 Lacs (at max)). Preferable if the window for upfront payment is atleast 2 months from now (also hoping that this would be enough time for me to finalize a suitable investment option). Also preference for properties where gradual drawdown is expected over the course of next 2 years (say at max of 20 lacs of loan drawdown in next one year).
                      Investment time frame 3 to 5 years. Objective is investment, but preferable if I have the option of moving in (incase of Gurgaon) few years from now, since Iam living in west delhi and working in Gurgaon (daily up down)
                      Based on my limited research, seems like a few options might be available in sec 85 to 91, gurgaon and dwarka expressway. Not really sure which one is a better proposition. Also in my budget is there a possibility of getting something in sector 60 to 70 Gurgaon?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X