Hello ours is the house in south Delhi. We got notice on 2017, 3rd Jan to pay property tax from 2004. But my family paid the lumpsome tax for 10 years in year 1988, so what is the solution for us ? Is the lumpsome tax that we paid still applicable to us ? http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/tp-newdelhi/Property-tax-exemption-for-lump-sum-depositors/article16336585.ece
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • We are exempt from paying all tax on future as per the old scheme.
    CommentQuote
  • You have to check whether there is some mistake by MCD in sending you notice. I paid all property tax but last year got notice that i haven't paid dues for last 10 years. I met up with collector office with all receipts to clarify the situation and everything worked out ok. So prepare your old receipts and paperwork ready. Does other people in your locality have also received the notice?

Also MCD was trifurcated into three units. Find out if there was any change in policies.
    CommentQuote
  • I went and met the assessing officer he toh told me that just get your cheque book and come meet him to pay tax and that scheme is no longer there for lumpsome tax.

But I thought the people who paid the lumpsome tax in 1980's and since it's cleary written on the receipt not to pay tax in from time to come, then also he was saying that ? We come in south Delhi municipal corporation. can we file any offical letter or something to get some kind of offical reply from mcd ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Anant024
    I went and met the assessing officer he toh told me that just get your cheque book and come meet him to pay tax and that scheme is no longer there for lumpsome tax.

But I thought the people who paid the lumpsome tax in 1980's and since it's cleary written on the receipt not to pay tax in from time to come, then also he was saying that ? We come in south Delhi municipal corporation. can we file any offical letter or something to get some kind of offical reply from mcd ?

If that is the case. Forget about Collector and Assessor office. Make an appointment with Zonal commissioner or DC. Explain them the situation.

If zonal SDMC says that previous lumpsum property tax scheme is not applicable. You should ask for copy of notification regarding that change of rule.

CommentQuote
  • How was this resolved for the original poster - Did you have to pay property tax and if so from when ?
    CommentQuote