Hello experts,

I am looking for a 3 BHK in Delhi that is near Noida. Eastend apartments in Mayur Vihar phase 1 looks like a good option.

Can anyone living there or with experience guide me if it is a good place to buy home and how much it would cost?

My concerns-

1. Maintainence and cleanliness of society

2. Parking space

3. Shahadra drain

4. Expected cost

5. Any other issue?

Cheers!
Read more
Reply
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Look for Societies in Mayur Vihar Extension. Mayur Vihar Extension is much better location than New Ashok Nagar in terms of locality and basic amenities. Also note than New Ashok Nagar is completely surrounded by Drains/Nala.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    Look for Societies in Mayur Vihar Extension. Mayur Vihar Extension is much better location than New Ashok Nagar in terms of locality and basic amenities. Also note than New Ashok Nagar is completely surrounded by Drains/Nala.
    Thanks Bharatiya for the inputs! Eastend apartments location is rather confusing. Its address says Mayur Vihar phase 1, but it is adjacent to New Ashok Nagar metro.

    And yes the area is surrounded by nalas, so I will keep that in mind when I go visit houses.
    CommentQuote
  • East End Apartments are technically the end point of Mayur Vihar Extension but practically its New Ashok Nagar locality as its completely isolated from rest of Mayur Vihar Extension.

    Similarly you will find that some Societies in Mayur Vihar extension has address of Trilok Puri / Chilla Village, but these societies are very much a locality of Mayur Vihar Extension. You may not know that much of Mayur Vihar Phase 1 was once officially a locality Trilok Puri (which was earlier called as Himmat Puri). Later they changed the official name records, the name of Himmat Puri was also changed.

    Don't bother about technicalities of addresses, think practically. Eastend Apartment is practically New Ashok Nagar.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    East End Apartments are technically the end point of Mayur Vihar Extension but practically its New Ashok Nagar locality as its completely isolated from rest of Mayur Vihar Extension.

    Similarly you will find that some Societies in Mayur Vihar extension has address of Trilok Puri / Chilla Village, but these societies are very much a locality of Mayur Vihar Extension. You may not know that much of Mayur Vihar Phase 1 was once officially a locality Trilok Puri (which was earlier called as Himmat Puri). Later they changed the official name records, the name of Himmat Puri was also changed.

    Don't bother about technicalities of addresses, think practically. Eastend Apartment is practically New Ashok Nagar.
    Thanks Bharatiya! You are correct. I passed in front of Eastend apartments (coming from Noida side), and the roads and locality opposite to the apartement enterance was not good.

    There are lots of apartments in Mayur Vihar 1. Can anyone share contact details of a reliable property dealer for the area?

    Suggestions for localities nearby to mayur vihar are also welcome.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Bharatiya1 years ago
      Sir, sharing details of Property dealers and Brokers is against Forum rules. You should visit these areas and meet Dealers to get basic idea about prices. There are many dealers In Acharya Niketan and Mayur Vihar Extension shopping complex.
  • Sir, i cannot tell about Internal dynamics, RWA management, maintenance and construction quality/layout of Societies. However i can give you idea about location as i myself live in Mayur Vihar since long time. So you have to check about internal situation of society by visiting them. Also note that most of these societies are 20-30+ years old though they are maintained properly.

    As far as location is concerned in Mayur Vihar Extension.

    Good location - Kirti, Vardhman, Riverview, Aashiana, Parwana, Rosewood, Manas, Nirman

    Bad location - Glaxo, Samachar, Vigyapanlok, Lovely (they are very close to Metro Station so Metro noise all day & night) , OCS (near disgusting Gaushala)

    You should also check out Societies in Mayur Vihar Phase 1 - Anandlok, Manu, Maitri and Sahyog. These are also good locations.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya


    Good location - Kirti, Vardhman, Riverview, Aashiana, Parwana, Rosewood, Manas, Nirman

    Bad location - Glaxo, Samachar, Vigyapanlok, Lovely (they are very close to Metro Station so Metro noise all day & night) , OCS (near disgusting Gaushala)


    Adding Dronacharya Apartments to the Good list. Next to ASN school, but far from the metro station.

    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by i.luv.supertech


    Adding Dronacharya Apartments to the Good list. Next to ASN school, but far from the metro station.



    I don't know if ASN School still uses loudspeakers or not nowadays. I remember some years ago that ASN used loudspeakers during morning (for school assemblies etc). This can be a nuisance for nearby residents (Kala Vihar and Drohnacharya). Also there is morning and noon traffic problem on ASN road during school time.
    CommentQuote
  • I am updating this thread real late, but I did check out several societies in Mayur Vihar phase 1 and extnesion in Dec, 17.

    The dealer showed us some houses in following societes - Aashiana, Kirti, Parwana, Dronacharya, Supreme and some others whose name I have forgotten. I liked Aashiana and Parwana a lot. But at the end the prices that the dealer quoted were way above my budget so I did not even think about Mayur Vihar again. The societes are good, the locality is good, parking is good, but the price is insane considering that the apartments are very old, the carpet area is not much (1100 - 1250 sqft) and all the options required several lakhs worth of renovation work.

    I am looking in Sarita Vihar or Noida at the moment.

    Thanks folks!
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • hombre12 months ago
      @sushant I only looked at 3 BHK and I was quoted 2 Cr+ for both Ashiana & Parwana. Parwana was 2.25+. And the houses were completely raw. Is IP ext. a good area like Mayur Vihar? Can you name some good societies. Thanks!
  • What is your budget? How much carpet area you need? I think 1200 Sqft area for 3BHK is not bad. When you start looking options in Noida, carefully analyze the loading factor, super area and actual carpet area. You will find that many 3BHK segments in Noida are even less than 1000 Sqft!!

    Sarita Vihar has Pollution problem due to vicinity to Okhla industrial area, Badarpur and lack of Green Belt. Regarding Noida, you should explore Villa options in sector 82 which is near expressway. You can find Duplex villas starting from 1.4 Cr. This sector has 100% occupancy and also has low rise 3 BHK, 4 BHK Apartment options. Key to Noida RE market - 1. Look for low rise apartment options. 2. Noida best for Plot/independent houses 3. Look for sector with decent occupancy because law and order is a problem 4. Beware of Noida builders/dealers/agents - most of them are selling junk at price of gold.

    Noida is a big RE market with vast options. I don't think i can summarize Noida market in one post. You should check Noida section and posts of @zohaib2012
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bharatiya
    What is your budget? How much carpet area you need? I think 1200 Sqft area for 3BHK is not bad. When you start looking options in Noida, carefully analyze the loading factor, super area and actual carpet area. You will find that many 3BHK segments in Noida are even less than 1000 Sqft!!

    Sarita Vihar has Pollution problem due to vicinity to Okhla industrial area, Badarpur and lack of Green Belt. Regarding Noida, you should explore Villa options in sector 82 which is near expressway. You can find Duplex villas starting from 1.4 Cr. This sector has 100% occupancy and also has low rise 3 BHK, 4 BHK Apartment options. Key to Noida RE market - 1. Look for low rise apartment options. 2. Noida best for Plot/independent houses 3. Look for sector with decent occupancy because law and order is a problem 4. Beware of Noida builders/dealers/agents - most of them are selling junk at price of gold.

    Noida is a big RE market with vast options. I don't think i can summarize Noida market in one post. You should check Noida section and posts of @zohaib2012
    Thanks Bharatiya! It is great to have someone respond actively.

    I feel a decent 3BHK should have 1350 sqft carpet area min.

    Agree about the pollution problem in Sarita Vihar, but in my experience so far it is the only place with some decent options in Delhi with our constraints (budget, close to metro station, no builder floor etc.)

    It may sound odd, but we have different budgets for Delhi and Noida. ~1.5 for Delhi and ~1.0 for Noida.

    I have been going through both Delhi and Noida forums here for some time :)
    CommentQuote
  • There are bigger 3 BHK / 4 BHK segments in Mayur Vihar (Manas, Rosewood, Manu etc) but they are 2 Cr+ budget.

    After learning about Noida Market in last few years, i personally would not advise for spending 1 Cr for a Apartment in Noida. For following reasons.

    1. Lot of hidden costs. Paying huge money for super area in buying apartment as well as life time liability for maintenance RWA charges for that super area which you will never use. Paying 3-4 Rs / Sqft of maintenance charges is a lot. Also in Noida you pay Registry as well as Transfer charges. This will make a 1 cr apartment effectively into 1.1-1.2 Cr.

    2. Whereas Noida has new construction but quality of construction in many projects is pathetic. Most of 20 year old Delhi construction is better than builder projects in Noida & other NCR.

    3. Noida is entirely a different region. Being the national capital, Delhi's administration, law and order, infrastructure, general environment is FAR better than Noida which is after all a district of UP.

    4. Noida's RE sector image is tarnished because of incomplete projects, fraud builders/agents, poor construction quality, various disputes etc.


    However, Noida market is still good for independent houses and budget apartment segments (<60L) because of price comparison with Delhi. Paying 1 Cr+ for apartment in Noida is not advisable.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Moderators & Veterans,

    I wanted to understand, if one should buy an apartment on loan in Mayur Vihar Phase-1 for living purpose (e.g. Maitri Apartments, Parwana partments, Medha apartments etc.)

    1. My main area of concern is properties here are more than 20 years old, is it okay to buy such old properties.

    2. I understand these proporties should be sold cheaper than market rates as they are old, however quoted rates doesnot seems like that.

    3. Will it be tough to sell these flats after some years of living, lets say 4 yrs.

    4. Was the maximum age of a building, may be 40 years what happens after that to these flats.

    5. I understand maintennace may increase significantly over the years due to age but can be compensated by low maintenance charges of society.

    In case, buying old flats is not recommended, wanted to understand than where can a middle class person buy a flat within delhi, not sure if we have any new construted flats in delhi which is affordable.

    P.S. not looking for builder flats as of now, only society apartments.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ekthatiger
    Hi Moderators & Veterans,

    I wanted to understand, if one should buy an apartment on loan in Mayur Vihar Phase-1 for living purpose (e.g. Maitri Apartments, Parwana partments, Medha apartments etc.)

    1. My main area of concern is properties here are more than 20 years old, is it okay to buy such old properties.

    2. I understand these proporties should be sold cheaper than market rates as they are old, however quoted rates doesnot seems like that.

    3. Will it be tough to sell these flats after some years of living, lets say 4 yrs.

    4. Was the maximum age of a building, may be 40 years what happens after that to these flats.

    5. I understand maintennace may increase significantly over the years due to age but can be compensated by low maintenance charges of society.

    In case, buying old flats is not recommended, wanted to understand than where can a middle class person buy a flat within delhi, not sure if we have any new construted flats in delhi which is affordable.

    P.S. not looking for builder flats as of now, only society apartments.



    1. In Delhi almost all Group housing societies are more than 20 years old. Delhi is now entirely developed, all land sold & occupied. So no new societies are coming up.

    2. Your presumption is wrong that old properties are sold cheaper. By that logic Connaught place market should be very cheap as its more than 100 year old. Location of property is the key. A well maintained property at good location will always be expensive. Mayur Vihar extension is the best location in East Delhi.

    3. A good society flat, well maintained & well located is easy to sell even if its 50 years old or more.

    4. Age of property depends upon quality of construction & maintenance. I know buildings that are more than 70 years old and still standing in good condition.

    5. Avoid buying old DDA flats. Dynamics of Group housing societies are different.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • ekthatiger5 months ago
      Thanks Bharatiya for your response.

      Coming back to point three and four:
      3. I understand Mayur Vihar phase-1 flats are well located, but are they well maintained. Will you recommend best five whose location is good and well maintained as well in mayur vihar and also extension.
      4. ok. But happens after 70 years.

      One more thing, do you recommend buying old apartments here in Mayur Vihar 1 or new flats in Indirapuram/Vaishali with all amenities. Basically, old one in Delhi with no/less amenities or new one in Gzh with all amenities.

      P.S. I have shell out less in Gzh but if i go for some brand there, may need to shell out in similar range.
  • Sir, if you looking for long term RE interest. Then buy plots and build your own house. You can look for plot options in Noida and specially expressway sectors which are more affordable.

    Regarding Amenities. I wonder why you say Delhi has less amenities that UP. Delhi has cleaner water supply & reliable electricity. Delhi has better public transport. Delhi has better healthcare system. Better Governance. Better schools. Better commercial space. Better law & order. Better social environment. etc etc. And these are precisely the reasons Delhi property market is much higher than Noida/Ghaziabad.



    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • ekthatiger4 months ago
      Agreed with your comment on Amenities. I was actually referring to facilities with the Society.

      Mayur Vihar-1 is best suited for me and family, however cant find any decent deal in here and this 30 yrs old flat is still at my back of mind.
      DDA Flats are also out of picture as you said.

      Is it ok to go for Builder floor in Mayur Vihar-1 region, though not finding deals here for builder floor.
  • There are no builder floors in Mayur Vihar. There are some localities like Pratap Nagar, Pandav Nagar, Acharya Niketan etc with builder floors but they are very bad in terms of livability and gentry. I won't recommend it. What is your budget?

    You should also look for Group housing societies in IP Extension. It has a lot more options than Mayur Vihar and several newer societies as well. Of course you have to pay more for well maintained and newer societies. With expansion of Metro to IP Extension and broadening of Delhi-Ghaziabad Road, IP Extension has a strong connectivity.
    CommentQuote