Hi,

I am looking for a 3 bhk for end use pupose. Based on various factors, the east delhi area seems like the most suitable location for me. But most of this area - vivek vihar/ anand vihar/ karkardooma etc - is host to Builder floors, and not much option is available in terms of apartments.

The most prominent concern I have regarding Builder Floors is about the maintenance. What happens if for example :

- lift breaks down,

- or there is a seepage on one of the floors

- or the motor for water breaks down

- also parking seems bit complicated since it requires coordination with other building residents.

I am looking to get inputs from people who are actually living in Builder Floors and actually face these issues. How do you handle these issues? And do you think these are manageable or are they a major source of pain in your day to day living.

Appreciate any inputs, thanks!
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Sir, living experience in Builder floors depend upon locality, neighbors and construction quality of building. The things you have mentioned are very real issues and if you want a tension free living, i would suggest you buy an apartment in group housing society where these things are more manageable. IP Extension is full of housing societies in East Delhi. Mayur Vihar has many housing societies.

Problem with Motor breakdown and parking is not a complicated issue. However Seepage can be complicated because other neighbor may refuse to do repair citing his own inconvenience. I know many people suffering seepage in their bathrooms/kitchen from above floor but neighbor doesn't do repair. Repairing seepage can be very complicated. It may involve redoing of plumbing, floor waterproofing and redoing floor tiles in Bathroom/kitchen. That takes a lot of time as well as money.
    CommentQuote