I am the olny issue of my parents who are no more. My father made an unregistered will completely in my favour which is signed by witnesses.

Please advice how to change the owership title of our house in East Delhi in my name?

Regards

Anuradha

Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by JMDDPL
    I am the olny issue of my parents who are no more. My father made an unregistered will completely in my favour which is signed by witnesses.

Please advice how to change the owership title of our house in East Delhi in my name?

Regards

Anuradha

You would need to get Mutation done in your favor from MCD .

Since it is an unregistered will, you would need to get Probate of the Will .You would also require to submit Death Certificate of your father, All "Receipts of Property Tax paid" till now for the said property and an affidavit needs to be submitted to MCD along with all papers which basically says that in case any dispute arises, the claimant will indemnify the MCD, if Land is free hold, relevant papers for the same. There could be more papers required to be submitted, check with MCD or a suitable Lawyer .

The process is a bit cumbersome & exhaustive . Alternatively, there are Lawyers/Property Dealers available who can get the job done for some fees .
    CommentQuote