Hi,
I own 1 floor in a 2 builder floor constructed property in south delhi with plot size of 325 sqyd. ME and the other owner have decided to split the costs and the area equally.

Now before i go ahead with this , I have a few questions in my mind :

1. What is the construction cost in south delhi ??

2. When we say the construction cost will be XYZ /sqft, does it include the foundation work as well ?

3. when XYZ/ sqft is the cost of covered area, how do we calculate the OPEN areas like stilt parking and balconies etc etc.

4. The other owner already owns the full basement and since we r not diving the basement, who pays for its construction ?

I might have few more questions if you can help me first with these :P !!:D
Read more
9 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sameer03
    Hi,
    I own 1 floor in a 2 builder floor constructed property in south delhi with plot size of 325 sqyd. ME and the other owner have decided to split the costs and the area equally.

Now before i go ahead with this , I have a few questions in my mind :

1. What is the construction cost in south delhi ??

2. When we say the construction cost will be XYZ /sqft, does it include the foundation work as well ?

3. when XYZ/ sqft is the cost of covered area, how do we calculate the OPEN areas like stilt parking and balconies etc etc.

4. The other owner already owns the full basement and since we r not diving the basement, who pays for its construction ?

I might have few more questions if you can help me first with these :P !!:D

Answers :-

1. Construction cost remains almost the same in all part of delhi/ncr. Labour and material rates are almost same everywhere. They just vary with very slight margins.

Although there is no end to luxuries , the more you add the more the cost increases by per sqft. Whereas a decent construction (considering you would be willing to build an accommodation like what other builders are making in s.del in todays date) will be no less than 1600-2000 persqft.

2. You always calculate the lumpsum construction cost. It can not be calculated in exact figures. And if you keep 1600-2000sqft price range in mind , then you would be easy to the foundations too in this much amount only.

3. Stilt parking is never considered to be an open area , as Its covered by a roof. It surely costs less to construct a stilt parking floor as it requires mostly RCC work and max to max kota marble stone as flooring . For this particular stilt floor , you can add up costs on a calculation of approx 700-800persqft.

Balconies get well covered in the 1600-2000sqft price range.

4. Thats for you guys to decide. As the building has only two floors as of now and under mutual understanding you guys have decided to rebuild it all so for this matter you have to decide it among yourselves. IF you are constructing a STILT floor now , then I don't find any need to make the basement, until and unless your location of plot is mixed use or commercial.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shivanand
    Answers :-

1. Construction cost remains almost the same in all part of delhi/ncr. Labour and material rates are almost same everywhere. They just vary with very slight margins.

Although there is no end to luxuries , the more you add the more the cost increases by per sqft. Whereas a decent construction (considering you would be willing to build an accommodation like what other builders are making in s.del in todays date) will be no less than 1600-2000 persqft.

2. You always calculate the lumpsum construction cost. It can not be calculated in exact figures. And if you keep 1600-2000sqft price range in mind , then you would be easy to the foundations too in this much amount only.

So accordingly :
    We might get 2200 Sqft per floor in 4 floors i.e. 8800 sqft, and a stilt parking and a basement. I dont know how much sqft will a basement cover. So what you are saying is that for

Floors : Rs. 2000/ sqft * 8800 = 1.76 Cr
    Stilt Parking :Rs. 800/sqft * 2925 = 0.24 Cr
    Basement : (dunno how much sqft for basement)

So around 2 cr plus the basement construction cost...i would get a 4 floor building ready... plus minus a few miscellaneous expenses here and there.
    Basement also i think at most cost 1500-2000 Sqft ????? Also...i am still confused... what abt the foundation laying expenses ??? This 2 cr will cover that also right ?????

3. Stilt parking is never considered to be an open area , as Its covered by a roof. It surely costs less to construct a stilt parking floor as it requires mostly RCC work and max to max kota marble stone as flooring . For this particular stilt floor , you can add up costs on a calculation of approx 700-800persqft.

Balconies get well covered in the 1600-2000sqft price range.

4. Thats for you guys to decide. As the building has only two floors as of now and under mutual understanding you guys have decided to rebuild it all so for this matter you have to decide it among yourselves. IF you are constructing a STILT floor now , then I don't find any need to make the basement, until and unless your location of plot is mixed use or commercial.

Why do u say that after Stilt parking there is no use of basement ??? Our plot is 100% residential.
    I didn't get your point

You have cleared a lot of my points friend... thanks a lot!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sameer03

Why do u say that after Stilt parking there is no use of basement ??? Our plot is 100% residential.
    I didn't get your point

You have cleared a lot of my points friend... thanks a lot!!

For a 325sqyrd residential plot, you would be able to do the complete construction in 2cr. ( Including basement too )

If you dont have any hands down experience in construction and also have a busy schedule in life , then I would suggest you to give this job to some-one on a turn key basis. It will save you from a lot of headache. Constructing a house for someone who is not actively involved in it , can be a burden to great heights!

There are a lot many reputed builders in s.del, who would show you there sample constructions first and then would tell you all details for your site.

If you plan to sell of one of the unit, then the collaborator will offer you a good amount of cash + will construct your building on his own. Will definitely take one floor out of the building and will cover all his construction costs + profit from sale proceeds of that floor.

For basement. i meant to say that constructing a basement is only considered good , if you have an active use for it. If your site would have been commercial , then it would have been a must to construct Basement + Stilt + 4 floors, as commercial basement of 2200sqft would have yield you a handsome amount of rentals. Yours being a residential plot, i would not recommend you to go for a basement until and unless you have a real use for it.
    CommentQuote
  • Basement of 2200 sqft on325sqyd plot ????
    CommentQuote
  • I dont think 2200 sqft basement is allowed.
    I am more concerned about the total expense, so all in all 2 cr for the building.. sounds pretty resonable to me.

We will be keeping all the four floors , two each... and yes we planning to give a contract to a third party.. lets c...
    CommentQuote
  • Yeah the basement would come out to be anywhere between 1650-1800sqfts.

Keeping floors with yourself is a very nice option. And for construction find out A+++ quality builders in your area. There are many , I repeat many !

Have meetings with a few of them, they will happily give you all the details.

But a very reputed turnkey contractor wont take the contract any less than 2500sqfts, Keeping Rs.400-500sqft as margin. Yeah they earn like this only!!
    CommentQuote
  • You are right.. there might be many... !!

but as far as i know basements these days are constructed maximum 50% permissable.

there are some new mcd guidelines which says u need to leave 6 ft from road... and etc etc... !!
    CommentQuote
  • Sameer, how did you come up with 2200 sq ft per floor? Most of the floors I see in west delhi seem to cover the entire plot area if you include the balconies

Originally Posted by sameer03
    You are right.. there might be many... !!

but as far as i know basements these days are constructed maximum 50% permissable.

there are some new mcd guidelines which says u need to leave 6 ft from road... and etc etc... !!
    CommentQuote
  • 75% of entire plot is allowed to be covered, so 2200 sqft approximately out of 325 sqyd (2925sqft)
    CommentQuote