Hi Every One,

Is a high-Spec builder floor better in a catergory A/B colony in South Delhi or Should One prefer a independent house in NCR preferably in DLF phase1-Gurgaon? The ideal budget being around 5 Cr and can be stretched to 5.5 Cr but not more. The property is going to be used for self use purpose with appreciation in mind.
My pros of having a builder floor in South Delhi are:
1- Central location-Heart of city
2- Better law and order in Delhi- I travel a lot and the house is vacant many times.

Cons of Builder FLOOR :-
1-Worried about the appreciation over a period of 15-20 years of time as the building will start depleting.Will I find buyers for a depleting building.

2-Quality of life will depend a lot on the fellow residents in the building. Worried about common issues like Parking/lift maintenance/seepage etc

Pros of Having a Independent House In NCR:
1- My assumption is that land will appreciate more
2-Sole rights of the plot results in Independent living

Cons:
1- De-central Location
2- Issues about electricity and law and order
3- Higher Maintenance cost:Additional cost of Security

Would be great if you guys can throw some perspective on the above. Location wise definitely south Delhi suits me more but also have to keep in mind quality of life and appreciation of investment.

Thanks!!
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by mcon666
    Hi Every One,

Is a high-Spec builder floor better in a catergory A/B colony in South Delhi or Should One prefer a independent house in NCR preferably in DLF phase1-Gurgaon? The ideal budget being around 5 Cr and can be stretched to 5.5 Cr but not more. The property is going to be used for self use purpose with appreciation in mind.
    2- Better law and order in Delhi- I travel a lot and the house is vacant many times.

1-Worried about the appreciation over a period of 15-20 years of time as the building will start depleting.Will I find buyers for a depleting building.

2-Quality of life will depend a lot on the fellow residents in the building. Worried about common issues like Parking/lift maintenance/seepage etc

Cons:
    1- De-central Location

Would be great if you guys can throw some perspective on the above. Location wise definitely south Delhi suits me more but also have to keep in mind quality of life and appreciation of investment.

Thanks!!

my friend you should go for indepent house in ncr specialy one the best location
    and ya electricity problem is incrasing day by day specialy in summer and in delhi no electricty problems and ya land always give more return than builder floors and in dlf in all 3 floors constructed ( gf ff sf ) u can stay on gf and u can get rent ff sf
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Abhay for your inputs. Renting is an Idea i have not explored till now but sounds like a good option. I am toying with a Idea to buy a newly built up house in DLF1 or anyother phae. The targeted size is between 205-300 Sq Yd.
    CommentQuote
  • Experts more views would be helpfull....!! Please help
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

There are many options available in south delhi within your budget, there are independent plot option available in south delhi. I recently had one plot in vasant kunj.
    CommentQuote
  • hi Property 24,
    Thanks for your response.
    By going with the current rate of 6-7 lacs per Sq yd only a 100 Sq yd would be available and 100 Sq yd plots would tough to find in most areas. Can you please throw some insights on the Vasant kunj area where such a Plot was available.
    CommentQuote
  • Independent house might be better.
    For electricity; generator can be placed on the roof
    CommentQuote
  • had the same choice to make a couple of years back and i chose south delhi. it is a personal thing. having an own house has its advantages but it has high maintenance. am very happy with the decision we made. in ure case safety is a huge issue since u travel. in case u wanna shift to suburbs u shd got multistorey apartments rather than independent house. this is just my pov
    CommentQuote
    Experts more views would be helpfull....!! Please help

Think for Solar panel backup also -- Not Very Costly now due to subsidy and high output during summer days.
    CommentQuote
    Hi Every One,

Cons:
    1- De-central Location

Thanks!!

Go for it! DLF-1 is the premium area....
    CommentQuote
  • South Delhi

Originally Posted by smiley74
    had the same choice to make a couple of years back and i chose south delhi. it is a personal thing. having an own house has its advantages but it has high maintenance. am very happy with the decision we made. in ure case safety is a huge issue since u travel. in case u wanna shift to suburbs u shd got multistorey apartments rather than independent house. this is just my pov

Me too, had the options and chose South Delhi-Safdarjang enclave
    CommentQuote
  • I had made a same choice 4 years back. Very happy that i chose to buy a 300sq yd designer house in SL-1 Gurgaon. Both from a living standard point of view as well from appreciation point. Wish i had bought a bigger plot then!
    The cost of generator is only 4lacs and the maintenance isnt much if you consider what elevation of life style and amount of space you get for generations!
    CommentQuote