I am salaried person and looking for investment opportunities in real estate specially in Land which has historically given better return than all other investments.

I spent last one month looking for land which can give good return with low risk. Land prices in developed parts of Delhi are out of my reach, and moreover prices in developed areas have already risen so much that I fee it won't give expected return. Down side risk is high if such property in case of bubble burst.

So I started looking at new residential area planned under master plan of of Delhi - specifically nazafgarh. I feel prices in the are will grow once planned development starts in the new residential zone approved. Govt will try to start or at least announce development plan in this part of Delhi to bring down property prices before next assembly elections.

I visited nazargarh area but all options in my budget were available on Power of Attorney. I don't want to risk my savings so limited my search to the properties which can be legally purchased and ownership rights can be registered with authority.

Then, I came to know that residential zone or farm house under new master plan requires minimum plot size of 1 acre to be registered with authority. But the cost of the land is starting from 2.5 Crore which is out of my budget. Still, I am interested to invest along with a few friends in this area.

I need advise whether a piece of Farm Land in residential zone or agriculture zone of Nazafgarh is good and safe investment or some other opportunity exists within Delhi. I am interested in Nazargarh as it is close to Gurgaon where price of land is 4-5 times more than this part of Delhi and that too with close proximity of Dwarak Manesar expressway.
Read more
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hmm, Good Idea.
    But small plot will be on Power of Attorney.
    And big plot is out of reach ======As u told.

What rates / locations u got for small plots.
    U can share for the benifit of other members.

U acn think of Ghaziabad Zone - Where Registry is Possible.

Safety of property should be Priority, more than the rate of return.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Hmm, Good Idea.

U acn think of Ghaziabad Zone - Where Registry is Possible.

Safety of property should be Priority, more than the rate of return.

I am looking comparing Nazafgarh with Gurgaon because

1) It is going to have benefits of being in Delhi with respect to infra development and upcoming diplomatic enclave
    2) Available at less than half price Gurgaon upcoming sectors like 104-110 which are 2-7 km range from Nazafgarh
    3) Price are lower then Manesar which is atleast 20km from Nazafgarh
    4) Close to KMP, NPR and upcoming diplomatic enclave

Most important - land price in this area is appealing & I expect it to give better return than Manesar.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by planner
    Hmm, Good Idea.

Price is starting from 2.5 Cr/acre depending upon location.Hmm, Good Idea.

Price is starting from 2.5 Cr/acre depending upon location.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Tarun,
    Can u please give some idea on prevailing rate and which location is better.
    CommentQuote
  • hello friend
    my father has recently purchased a 1000 sq yard plot in najafgarh near sai mandir along with couple of his friends.
    he purchased the plot around 6 months ago at around 33,500 rs per sq yard.
    today no such plot is available below 55,000 rs p.s.y
    so yes i completely agree with ur viewpoints above that land has given better returns than other investments.
    although u will get very few offers in najafgarh where sale deed is made, i'll recommend that u do not purchase a property on power of attorney, since there can be all sorts of problems in future(imagine sumone grabbing ur hard earned property)
    i would like to clarify that my dad purchased the property on power of attorney , since his friends have good connections and live nearby, so he has no such problems.

I suggest u go in the market, contact brokers, search thoroughly, discuss ur options and quotes with fellow members here and then decide.
    in my view najafharh is terribly, terribly under priced.
    and with the recent announcement of metro train and 3 flyovers , it will touch around 200k in 4-5 years(my assumption)
    it will turn in a small sub-city just like dwarka (consider that prices in dwarka jumped 10 fold after metro)
    CommentQuote
  • ps:- sorry i have no idea on farmhouse policy and availability of large acre size plots in najafgarh.
    will research on it

happy hunting:D
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Athis land is agriculture, if it will be converted to residential, you need to 1. Give 20-30 percent to DDA for development 2. Pray God that it should not come under any sector road planning or public utility area as at that time DDA will compensate you only on either registered value of property 3. Prices are already increased in area. 4. If you buy with friends, even if 1 blackout from sales u will get stucked
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by uppalrajat
    hello friend
    my father has recently purchased a 1000 sq yard plot in najafgarh near sai mandir along with couple of his friends.
    he purchased the plot around 6 months ago at around 33,500 rs per sq yard.
    today no such plot is available below 55,000 rs p.s.y
    so yes i completely agree with ur viewpoints above that land has given better returns than other investments.
    although u will get very few offers in najafgarh where sale deed is made, i'll recommend that u do not purchase a property on power of attorney, since there can be all sorts of problems in future(imagine sumone grabbing ur hard earned property)
    i would like to clarify that my dad purchased the property on power of attorney , since his friends have good connections and live nearby, so he has no such problems.

I suggest u go in the market, contact brokers, search thoroughly, discuss ur options and quotes with fellow members here and then decide.
    in my view najafharh is terribly, terribly under priced.
    and with the recent announcement of metro train and 3 flyovers , it will touch around 200k in 4-5 years(my assumption)
    it will turn in a small sub-city just like dwarka (consider that prices in dwarka jumped 10 fold after metro)

Thanks uppalrajat,

You rightly said, PoA deals are not safe. This is the reason I am looking to by 1 acre or more which can be duly registered. However, my budget is not 3 crore or more to buy this size. That’s why I am looking to buy in partnership with 4-5 friends.
    CommentQuote
  • dear sun raj
    i m interested to be your partner if u able to find any such land
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by don7890
    dear sun raj
    i m interested to be your partner if u able to find any such land

Complete 10 posts to enable PM facility. Then send ur mail ID via PM.
    CommentQuote
  • ya
    CommentQuote
  • iwill send u shortly
    CommentQuote
  • Re: Investment in land - nazafgarh, delhi

Originally Posted by sunraj
    Originally Posted by planner
    Hmm, Good Idea.

Price is starting from 2.5 Cr/acre depending upon location.

Sunraj, if you are really interested in Najafgarh than tell as i can give you info about that complete area with every minute detail, reiterating once again, only if you are damn serious.

Sunraj, if you are really interested in Najafgarh than tell as i can give you info about that complete area with every minute detail, reiterating once again, only if you are damn serious.
    CommentQuote
  • Best Option for investment

Dear,
    There are many option available near Nazafgarh, But it depends what location you are looking 3 options.
    1) Road towards Dhansa
    2) Road towards Chawala
    3) Road towards Nangloi
    Best option is on way towards Dhansa, though rate is more over little than chawala. I know some well known person of same area who provide property like this.

Second option interm of investment is Mandi Road , where property is available through registry secondly as it would be well connected to south delhi as widening of road is started and lastly located near to ASF SEZ, Gwal Pahari.
    CommentQuote