Revanta Welfare Society - Phase II, GT Karnal Road, North Delhi

Last updated: August 3 2017
298 | Posts
68826 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revanta Welfare Society - Phase II, GT Karnal Road, North Delhi

I got to know about this society coming up on GT Karnal Road. I went to their office for understanding the project and got even more interested after knowing the benefits and features of investing in this society. They told me many interested things like Pragati Maidan is shifting near to their place and many other thing. Its also be going to developed by govt. Very soon as its under MPD 2021 like Dwarka,Noida and Gurgaon. I request you all to share your views on the same so that i get sure about the success of this project.
    Last edited June 25 2015, 01:14 PM.

Re : Revanta Welfare Society - Phase II, GT Karnal Road, North Delhi

Originally posted by Nick Carman View Post
    I got to know about this society coming up on GT Karnal Road. I went to their office for understanding the project and got even more interested after knowing the benefits and features of investing in this society. They told me many interested things like Pragati Maidan is shifting near to their place and many other thing. Its also be going to developed by govt. very soon as its under MPD 2021 like Dwarka,Noida and Gurgaon. I request you all to share your views on the same so that i get sure about the success of this project.
    75%hanky panky,25% not sure
    Pls share if u receive anything positive

Comment

Metro 01, I am curious why you think it is hanky panky? I am seriously considering investing there so would appreciate your advice if you can back it up. The newspapers seem to be giving a lot of attention to this P zone and have claimed it will be Delhi's High rise zone and employment centre. Rumour has it Pragati Madan is due to shift there. So as an investor it seems like there is good potential for this area. Is there something I'm missing?

I am being a little cautious because some people have burned their hands in Dwarka and other places but most of that as per my knowledge was in CGHS and not welfare societies. To be honest I don't think there are any other options to buy property in this price anywhere in NCR, not even bhiwadi or greater Noida, with options from 2,200 per sq ft. People have invested in lal dora and illegal colonies for much more and still made good returns. With so much attention from the MPD 2021 on this area, I think the potential of risk is reduced. I am going with my broker on the weekend to check out a new project Revanta something, so I will keep you posted.

Comment

Hi amitranjan20! You mentioned that "I am being a little cautious because some people have burned their hands in Dwarka and other places but most of that as per my knowledge was in CGHS and not welfare societies. "

Could you let me know the difference between CGHS and Welfare Societies? I am also considering buying a flat in P-II zone and the upcoming projects are Welfare Societies. But, I don't know which one is better and why.

Comment

Originally posted by amitranjan20 View Post
          Metro 01, I am curious why you think it is hanky panky? I am seriously considering investing there so would appreciate your advice if you can back it up. The newspapers seem to be giving a lot of attention to this P zone and have claimed it will be Delhi's High rise zone and employment centre. Rumour has it Pragati Madan is due to shift there. So as an investor it seems like there is good potential for this area. Is there something I'm missing?

I am being a little cautious because some people have burned their hands in Dwarka and other places but most of that as per my knowledge was in CGHS and not welfare societies. To be honest I don't think there are any other options to buy property in this price anywhere in NCR, not even bhiwadi or greater Noida, with options from 2,200 per sq ft. People have invested in lal dora and illegal colonies for much more and still made good returns. With so much attention from the MPD 2021 on this area, I think the potential of risk is reduced. I am going with my broker on the weekend to check out a new project Revanta something, so I will keep you posted.
          Amit, did you get the chance to visit P-2 zone. ? Land prices are increasing day by day for this zone. 2 months back it was below 500/- by now i am hearing that it is above 550/-. Did u find any good society?

Comment

CGHS were set up by gathering a group of 330 members who pay a very tiny amount to become a member and then the members had to go to DDA and explain that no member currently owns a property in Delhi. Then DDA would alot land at a reasonable rate and the members would construct. The reason CGHS have been abolished and are not longer legal is because they were set up with 70% fake members and 30%real members. Then after obtaining the land at a cheap rate the society leaders have done many wrong things and those who became real members had burned their fingers. The reason they were abolished is because there was no way of telling who were the real members and who were the exploiters. In Residential Welfare Societies, first the Society needs to be registered and is governed by the Registrar of Societies. The members pay the amount for land cost upfront and the society purchases their own land. Then the society goes to DDA to simply get their building plans approved. Because they have to buy their own land and invest a significant amount of money, they are always real members. It is also more difficult to do something wrong as it would be a criminal case. Hence investing in a RWS is much safer and more strictly governed. This is everything I know about them. I'm sure google can add on to this.

Comment

Thanks a ton amitranjan20. There aren't much information points to decide between the different societies that are coming up in P2 zone. Green residency is in sector VI which is a little closer to the main bypass and to Delhi and rest of the societies are in Sector III which is closer to Yamuna and 2 km further away. I am tilting towards green residency. What are you planning to do ?

Comment

Don, I will do ground work on green residency, if it is positive, we can together buy it with discount if possible. I personally not able to take decision specialy sector-3 societies are not good, they are not willing to show papers, everything is in air. They have not taken land and are increasing rates against bylaws of society, everytime I call different person of same society, they give different information about no of memberships completed. Some say 30, others say 60. God knows whats truth.

Ask for sector in which society is, if it is sector-3, keep away from them or wait more , its my personal advise.

Comment

Hi Surveyor,

Looks like all that sector III societies have done is to pay for a glossy website to attract people. I also have not seen any person of repute from real estate industry in any of these societies. I have read on another thread that Green residency has a group of PSU employees. Lets keep each other posted and hope for a good safe deal.
                  Last edited April 23 2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Hi Surveyer!
                    Let me know what you find about green residency.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X