Hi Friends ,

Can someone suggest me a location in Delhi south where I can get a 2/3 BHK builder floor ~ 125-150 sq yards in decent middle class locality in budget of 80L-1 crore , preferably with parking . I am not sure if market rates have really taken a hit in last 1 year in range of 10-20% but newspapers suggest so . Appreciate a quick response from all experts .

Regards
Read more
21 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by aniket15
    Hi Friends ,

Can someone suggest me a location in delhi south where I can get a 2/3 BHK builder floor ~ 125-150 sq yards in decent middle class locality in budget of 80L-1 crore , preferably with parking . I am not sure if market rates have really taken a hit in last 1 year in range of 10-20% but newspapers suggest so . Appreciate a quick response from all experts .

Regards

In decent and authorized colonies of South Delhi, you will probably not get a 125/150 sq yards floor in your budget of 80 lacs to 1 Cr. Even after fall in prices over the last 1-2 years, prices are still unaffordable.

There are floors in unauthorized colonies but I personally don't find most of those colonies livable for decent middle class folks.
    CommentQuote
  • what is the price of 200 sq yard floor in defence colony type area or what we can afford in 1.5cr in south delhi

Originally Posted by ThePunjabi
    In decent and authorized colonies of South Delhi, you will probably not get a 125/150 sq yards floor in your budget of 80 lacs to 1 Cr. Even after fall in prices over the last 1-2 years, prices are still unaffordable.

There are floors in unauthorized colonies but I personally don't find most of those colonies livable for decent middle class folks.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitca9
    what is the price of 200 sq yard floor in defence colony type area or what we can afford in 1.5cr in south delhi

Have a look at following thread for some info.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/delhi-real-estate/81789-south-delhi-what-are-the-ongoing-property-rates?t=82721
    CommentQuote
  • I think you could try Malviya Nagar for floors around 1 crore, Sheikh sarai phase 2 dda flats (2bhk) should come around 85 lakhs.
    CommentQuote
  • Of course both are without reserved parking, but its generally understood that you park below your balcony. In case previous owners have a customarily accepted place to park, you could occupy that.
    CommentQuote
  • Just want a review of following localities as I searched on net to get an idea about budget range :-
    Lajpat Nagar , Kalkaji , Sarita Vihar , Arjun Nagar , East of Kailash , Kailash Hills

Are above areas OK to live if I stretch my budget to 1.2 Cr or can I still get something in 1 cr in above areas given prices have fallen down ?
    Are Shaikh Sarai DDA flats fine ?
    CommentQuote
    what is the price of 200 sq yard floor in defence colony type area or what we can afford in 1.5cr in south delhi

Minimum 3.5 Cr for old floor
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aniket15
    Just want a review of following localities as I searched on net to get an idea about budget range :-
    Lajpat Nagar , Kalkaji , Sarita Vihar , Arjun Nagar , East of Kailash , Kailash Hills

Are above areas OK to live if I stretch my budget to 1.2 Cr or can I still get something in 1 cr in above areas given prices have fallen down ?
    Are Shaikh Sarai DDA flats fine ?

Aniket, If the property portals are showing properties in these localities in 1.2 Cr, my advise is go and a take a look. These damn brokers advertise neighbouring unauthorized colonies by the name of these 'posher' colonies.
    Example - property in govindpuram advertised as kalkaji, Sant Nagar advertised as East of Kailash. You get what i mean?
    CommentQuote

in this budget u can get in sarita vihar .good posh colony , well layout and no parking problem even after 50 years from now
    CommentQuote
  • Only issue with Sarita vihar is madanpur khadar . I visited the area but it looks full of people from nearby village / slum .
    Otherwise location is excellent with good connectivity & market . DDA flats mostly with range around 1.25 cr for 3 BHK .
    CommentQuote
  • ok - I was seeing some newly constructed builder floors in Delhi. They said it was freehold property. However, the broker also said that there is no land share, land always continues to be with the builder - he only sells floors.

Now i am totally confused. My idea was - leasehold property is owned by authority, leased to builder, and owner is a sub lease. While in freehold property - if there are four floors, then each floor owner has 25% of land share and after selling the floors, builder exists. Now if builder continues to have the land right - and does not sell the roof right to any house owner but keeps it to himself, how does it become freehold? What is then the difference between freehold and leasehold?

Senior members and legal experts please advice.
    CommentQuote
  • Builder floor 2/3 bhk with bank loan facility (all white) in delhi for self use

Hi All

Want to buy a builder floor in delhi in all white with bank finance and i have a budget of 35-40 lakhs. This will be for my end use and i have my office in Lodhi Road so areas nearby are preferred but would not mind travelling fr half an hour.Please help .

Would highly appreciate your help in this regard
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, I think you should also consider investing in Delhi NCR as it's a better bet. There are new societies coming up which provide you with great facilities. Also, most of the places you mentioned are being commercialized and there is hardly any peace there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ArpanT

Now i am totally confused. My idea was - leasehold property is owned by authority, leased to builder, and owner is a sub lease. While in freehold property - if there are four floors, then each floor owner has 25% of land share and after selling the floors, builder exists. Now if builder continues to have the land right - and does not sell the roof right to any house owner but keeps it to himself, how does it become freehold? What is then the difference between freehold and leasehold?

Senior members and legal experts please advice.

As far as Roof Rights are concerned. Builder can retain Roof rights of multistory house even in a freehold property. This condition becomes part of your conveyance deed. Roof rights simply mean that Builder owns the Roof and can develop another floor on it (if the law permits).

However i am not sure about the ownership of Land. Maybe some one else can give idea about it.

In Leasehold property, the authority (like DDA) is the owner of land and gives you land on lease/rent for 99 years. That's why you pay ground rent on leasehold property. Freehold property means, you own the property exclusively and you don't have to pay any ground rent.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, I agree with you. You should invest in Gurgaon. I also had similar needs and after a lot of research I have invested in Paras Irene, situated in sector 70A.
    CommentQuote