Hi, I would need a terse advise on the captioned matter. I am looking forward to buy one of the Apportioned floors built on an originally Housing Board plot. It squares upto 200 yards. So, I am really concerned about the legal validity and sanctity of the built floors. What concerns me is that how could the floors be independently sold while it was allotted as one single plot. So if this could be addressed, if buying a floor would hold valid and is recommended or not. And, what in addition, needs to be checked so as to vet if it is compliant to the Housing Board norms.
I eagerly await for a revert. Kindly assist.
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Does the law vary for HUDA land? There are multiple instances of people selling floors using power of attorney and these are getting sold. Appreciate experts view.
    CommentQuote
  • @fbdsector9 Thanks for adding on your view. Apparently, there's a separate notification by the HUDA itself on such transactions. However, there's certainly a distinction between residential properties belonging to HUDA and Housing Board, right? And, there's no specific instruction by the Housing Board itself which shall authorise such dealings, so, how does this really become valid?
    CommentQuote
  • when in doubt stay out
    CommentQuote
  • There are certain colonies like Charmwood, Ashoka Enclave, etc where floors are legal and buying/selling is done via registry and not power of attorney. Please make sure that all the paperwork, such as completion certificate, previous registry chain is in order.
    CommentQuote