I m planning to shift to Faridabad. I need help to list down good schools in Grater Faridabad and Faridabad. My kid is 3 year old so i need to final at least 3 schools before August.

Currently I work & stay at Noida. I made my investments in GF with a thought that it'll be the place where my family will stay & get educated from while i m working in GGN, Noida, Greater Noida Etc. Here are my choices...

1- Stay in Omaxe Heights and target Modern DPS & Vidya Sanskar International schools etc.
2- Stay in Section 14 - 17 and target MVN, Manav rachna, Appeyay, DPS etc
3- Stay in Green field or Sector 21c and target MVN, Manav Rachna etc.

With first choice advantage is my kid won't have switch school when i shift to GF area after possession but then security is a concern as area is going to take 2 year to be livable and what about pollution?? i recall Sohna road in 2005 - 2007 period...everything was dusty because of all around construction. Other two choices depend upon which school has better reputation.
Read more
225 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dtw_Rajeev
    I m planning to shift to Faridabad. I need help to list down good schools in Grater Faridabad and Faridabad. My kid is 3 year old so i need to final at least 3 schools before August.

Currently I work & stay at Noida. I made my investments in GF with a thought that it'll be the place where my family will stay & get educated from while i m working in GGN, Noida, Greater Noida Etc. Here are my choices...

1- Stay in Omaxe Heights and target Modern DPS & Vidya Sanskar International schools etc.
    2- Stay in Section 14 - 17 and target MVN, Manav rachna, Appeyay, DPS etc
    3- Stay in Green field or Sector 21c and target MVN, Manav Rachna etc.

With first choice advantage is my kid won't have switch school when i shift to GF area after possession but then security is a concern as area is going to take 2 year to be livable and what about pollution?? i recall Sohna road in 2005 - 2007 period...everything was dusty because of all around construction. Other two choices depend upon which school has better reputation.

Dude, my daughter goes to Manav Rachna International Sec-14 from my current residence in sec-31. I will shift to Omaxe Heights in a couple of days and it will be much closer than now.

Sec-14, 15, 16 , 17 , 18 are close to Greater Faridabad. So you can always target them whether you stay in GF or not.

On a different note, if you want your kid to be close to Einstein academically, then only you should go for MVN, DPS or Modern DPS. I see the kids studying there in my neighborhood and they always look tired. When I asked a couple of them, they said that it would take them whole evening to finish their homework and thus they don't usually get time to play. Too much academic pressure.

On the other hand, Manav Rachna and Vidya Sanskar use modern ways of teaching (through slides, shows, themes). Kids learn through practical experience. I have seen hell lots of improvement in my daughter in the last 2 months in terms of social behavior, communication, english speaking etc etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by miketest
    Dude, my daughter goes to Manav Rachna International Sec-14 from my current residence in sec-31. I will shift to Omaxe Heights in a couple of days and it will be much closer than now.

Sec-14, 15, 16 , 17 , 18 are close to Greater Faridabad. So you can always target them whether you stay in GF or not.

On a different note, if you want your kid to be close to Einstein academically, then only you should go for MVN, DPS or Modern DPS. I see the kids studying there in my neighborhood and they always look tired. When I asked a couple of them, they said that it would take them whole evening to finish their homework and thus they don't usually get time to play. Too much academic pressure.

On the other hand, Manav Rachna and Vidya Sanskar use modern ways of teaching (through slides, shows, themes). Kids learn through practical experience. I have seen hell lots of improvement in my daughter in the last 2 months in terms of social behavior, communication, english speaking etc etc.

Also there is a general tendency of people in Faridabad that they would promote only those schools that put lots of pressure on kids academically. However I prefer a smart kid. :) :)
    CommentQuote
  • I heard somewhere that there is school in Faridabad that gets at least 30-40 kid in IIT every year since last 12 years or so.....how true is it ? which school is that ?
    CommentQuote
    I heard somewhere that there is school in Faridabad that gets at least 30-40 kid in IIT every year since last 12 years or so.....how true is it ? which school is that ?

I have no idea mate. Could be probably MVN.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by miketest
    Also there is a general tendency of people in Faridabad that they would promote only those schools that put lots of pressure on kids academically. However I prefer a smart kid. :) :)

Same goes with me, Once a wise person told me that "He does not look it at his kid's grades. He just ensure that kids know stuff they supose to know" There are many other factors involve when it comes to getting top grades that we all know.

You said u notice change within last 2 months. Was your daughter reading somewhere else before that.
    CommentQuote
    I heard somewhere that there is school in Faridabad that gets at least 30-40 kid in IIT every year since last 12 years or so.....how true is it ? which school is that ?

The school that you are mentioning is MVN school sec 17, I myself am an alumni of this school and would rather advise u to better stay away from it. These guys put a lot of pressure on.student as well as parents.

As Mike rightly mentioned Manav Rachna sec 14 is a good school if u r looking for overall development of your child

Btw Mike even my Daughter is in MR , LAGTA hai hamaari mulaakat ho kar hi rahegi. She is in Nursery 4
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prabhjeetran
    The school that you are mentioning is MVN school sec 17, I myself am an alumni of this school

me too !!

Originally Posted by prabhjeetran

would rather advise u to better stay away from it. These guys put a lot of pressure on.student as well as parents.

again me too :)
    CommentQuote
    Same goes with me, Once a wise person told me that "He does not look it at his kid's grades. He just ensure that kids know stuff they supose to know" There are many other factors involve when it comes to getting top grades that we all know.

You said u notice change within last 2 months. Was your daughter reading somewhere else before that.

Yeah her pre-nursery was in Little Columbus. Then I got her admitted to MR in nursery.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prabhjeetran
    The school that you are mentioning is MVN school sec 17, I myself am an alumni of this school and would rather advise u to better stay away from it. These guys put a lot of pressure on.student as well as parents.

As Mike rightly mentioned Manav Rachna sec 14 is a good school if u r looking for overall development of your child

Btw Mike even my Daughter is in MR , LAGTA hai hamaari mulaakat ho kar hi rahegi. She is in Nursery 4

Sure deal bro. Mine is in Nursery-9. Lemme get myself free from my appt. interiors, I will surely try to catch up with you. :) :)
    CommentQuote
  • Advice to would be papas!!!

Dear experienced papas!

When I Shortlisted FBD, lot of my colleagues asked me "would u like you kids to grow up in faridabad?? Thats a typical south delhi/Gurgaon mentality. I have done my schooling from smallest of towns and deserted Kendriya Vidyalayas....nd I am thankful to all the small places.Guess they keep u grounded and i was able to interact with surroundings.I just done want to be a mall monger family.I am happy that my kids would be born so close to NCR and yet so far from Delhi and Gurgaon. I would certainly be there to fill them with so much positivity that there will be no place for any sort inferiority complex with so called South-Delhi and Gurgaon Kids!!!

BTW- how much would Shree Ram cost a year?My kids are still good 2-3 years away!!!!

Regards,
    MTB
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by missedthebus
    Dear experienced papas!

When I Shortlisted FBD, lot of my colleagues asked me "would u like you kids to grow up in faridabad?? Thats a typical south delhi/Gurgaon mentality. I have done my schooling from smallest of towns and deserted Kendriya Vidyalayas....nd I am thankful to all the small places.Guess they keep u grounded and i was able to interact with surroundings.I just done want to be a mall monger family.I am happy that my kids would be born so close to NCR and yet so far from Delhi and Gurgaon. I would certainly be there to fill them with so much positivity that there will be no place for any sort inferiority complex with so called South-Delhi and Gurgaon Kids!!!

BTW- how much would Shree Ram cost a year?My kids are still good 2-3 years away!!!!

Regards,
    MTB

Faridabad has a mixed gentry - educated, uneducated, rich, poor. I meet 10s of people daily with whom I would love to socialize and 10s with whom I would never want to get along. Bro, it does not really matter wherever you are, you always have a choice to choose your friends, people to interact with. I do not differentiate between rich and poor but I do differentiate between educated and uneducated. I would always want my daughter to interact and socialize with educated class. :) :)

I have lived all my life in Delhi and I have seen how metro-sexual guys are actually turning themselves into burger eating, video game playing robots. I really want them to be how we used to be - riding bikes, pumping iron, short dirty hair. Those were the days!!!!

Back to the point, no idea about Sri Ram Millenium yet. Think you should call them to know. Manav Rachna is around 17 K quarterly excluding transport.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by missedthebus
    Dear experienced papas!

Regards,
    MTB

Bro don't keep this perception in mind that all the schools in fbd are like small town schools. Schools like MRIS sec 21, Mvn sec 21, Aravali hills, G d goenka have already reached lala land kind of levels with things like Horse riding, skating, foreign tours etc which are very common here

So better select school carefully. I chose MRIS Sec 14 coz its a mix of discipline, studies and creativity
    CommentQuote
  • My Uncle' s son was student of MRIS sec 21 and believe me my uncle could not stand how this guy dressed for school everyday, he used to make weird hairstyles, used to carry to school, had hippie friends for company, so finally one fine day after long and hard thinking he decided to shift his son to Dehradun though he had never even kept his son away from himself once in his life. I tell u these schools have already gone overboard
    CommentQuote
  • Mvn student from faridabad tops iit jee

Hi
    Greetings

Congratulations!! another feather in the cap of Faridabad

Arpit Agarwal from Faridabad is the Topper of IIT-JEE, 2012 | Gyanunlimited

Arpit Agarwal from Faridabad is the Topper of IIT-JEE, 2012

Subscribe Our: Newsletter | RSS | Share
    Arpit Agarwal from Faridabad topped the prestigious exam of IIT-JEE, 2012. He score 385 marks out of 401. Arpit, a student of Modern Vidya Niketan School, Faridabad, secured the top position in the IIT-JEE, 2012 exam where about 5.6 lakh students tried their luck.

The second position was achieved by Bijoy Kochar from Chandigarh and third position is grabbed by Nishant Kaushik from Bhilai.

Out of 5.6 lakh students who appeared in 8th may exam across the ,067 centres, only 9600 will get admission in 15 IITs. These 15 IITs are IIT-Delhi, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur, IIT-Bhubaneshwar, IIT-Ropar, IIT-Bombay, IIT-Roorkee, IIT-Guwahati, IIT-Indore, , IIT-Rajasthan, , IIT-Gandhinagar, IIT-Patna, IIT-Hyderabad, IIT-Madras and IIT-Mandi

The results for the IIT-JEE 2012 can be accessed on all the IIT websites: Joint Entrance Examination 2012 (IIT-JEE 2012), Joint Entrance Examination 2012 (IIT-JEE 2012), Joint Entrance Examination 2012 (IIT-JEE 2012), Joint Entrance Examination 2012 (IIT-JEE 2012), http://www.jee.iitr.ac.in.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Story of true grit and wisdom

Hi
    Greetings

Could not stop mentioning here, true grit of a Desi Champ from Bihar who runs a SUPER 30 school for promising IITians. Most of the students in his Super 30 school are from marginal families. Just to let you know that having secured admission to Cambridge Anand Kumar could not pursue because of financial conditions. He used to sell PAPAD to help his mother support his family. NOW HE CHURNS OUT IITians by the dozens every single year...

Every year in May, since 2002, the Ramanujan School of Mathematics, now a trust, holds a competitive test to select 30 students for the ‘Super 30’ scheme. Many students appear at the test, and eventually he takes thirty intelligent students from economically backward sections, tutors them, and provides study materials and lodging for a year. He prepares them for the Joint Entrance Examination for the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT). His mother, Jayanti Devi, cooks for the students, and his brother Pranav Kumar takes care of the management.
    read on

TRUE SUPER STAR- Educationist and Mathematician, Mr. ANAND KUMAR

Anand Kumar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

27/30 in IIT-JEE: Super 30 does it again - Hindustan Times

Twenty seven aspirants from Bihar's poorest homes, made it to the IITs once again, guided by Anand Kumar's Super 30 group.

A confident Kumar, who is now a global name for his achievements in pioneering a concept that aids the poor realise their engineering dreams, had announced his list of

IIT-JEE 2012 results out, Delhi boy Arpit Aggarwal tops the list
    Clearing JEE will not guarantee entry into IIT
    30 students who would make it to the IITs four days ago!
    The list of successful students included wards of truck mechanic, marginal farmer, daily-wage labourer, driver, security guard, vendors et al. What the success meant to the students and their proud parents was evident at Anand's residence, where they were all smiles, sharing sweets and weaving dreams of a better future.

Last year, 24 students of Super 30 had made it to the IIT-JEE, while before that, all 30 cracked one of the toughest competitions in the country three years in succession. Started a decade ago, Super 30 has so far sent 262 students - mostly from underprivileged sections - to the IITs.

“I had to skip my studies for a few months when I was in class 10, as my father, a marginal father, could not pay the fee. Later, I worked hard and won a scholarship. Last year, I could not crack JEE. People said I required coaching, but that was not my cup of tea. A friend told me to take the Super 30 test and that changed everything,” said Daltonganj boy Ayush Tewari, who secured the all India rank (AIR) of 1762.

Ayush was not alone. For Abha Suman, whose father is a bank clerk, the result brought double joy to the household. While she secured the 2125th rank, her sister, Arti, too made it with AIR of 778. Another girl, Megha, whose father is also a clerk, was also on cloud nine, as she revealed her success to her father.

“He wanted me to be an engineer. That i will be, but thereafter, I will prepare for UPSC,” she added.

“It was tough this year, as IIT kept making alterations till the last moment. Even last evening, four marks were added for a chemistry question which had two different answers,” said Abhishek Ranjan, son of a marginal farmer in Madhubani. He has secured rank 2110.

“At Super 30, it was like an extended family where everyone had just one goal - to study. Anand Sir and other teachers were also fully involved with our progress,” he added.

Though the IIT-JEE results were put on the website at 8am, a large number of media persons arrived at the Meethapur residence of Anand Kumar in anticipation much earlier.

“I was confident, because I have seen these students slog. Having come through acute adversity, they are fired by passion from within, as they know that entry into IIT's could change their life and generation,” said Anand.

He said there was the growing need to bring more reforms in IIT-JEE to provide students from rural areas, who suffer from lack of quality schooling, with a level playing field and qualify.

“Imagine, these children have competed with students from top notch public schools of the country. For me, it is immensely satisfying,” he added.

Cheers. What the success meant to the students and their proud parents was evident at Anand's residence, where they were all smiles, sharing sweets and weaving dreams of a better future.

Last year, 24 students of Super 30 had made it to the IIT-JEE, while before that, all 30 cracked one of the toughest competitions in the country three years in succession. Started a decade ago, Super 30 has so far sent 262 students - mostly from underprivileged sections - to the IITs.

“I had to skip my studies for a few months when I was in class 10, as my father, a marginal father, could not pay the fee. Later, I worked hard and won a scholarship. Last year, I could not crack JEE. People said I required coaching, but that was not my cup of tea. A friend told me to take the Super 30 test and that changed everything,” said Daltonganj boy Ayush Tewari, who secured the all India rank (AIR) of 1762.

Ayush was not alone. For Abha Suman, whose father is a bank clerk, the result brought double joy to the household. While she secured the 2125th rank, her sister, Arti, too made it with AIR of 778. Another girl, Megha, whose father is also a clerk, was also on cloud nine, as she revealed her success to her father.

“He wanted me to be an engineer. That i will be, but thereafter, I will prepare for UPSC,” she added.

“It was tough this year, as IIT kept making alterations till the last moment. Even last evening, four marks were added for a chemistry question which had two different answers,” said Abhishek Ranjan, son of a marginal farmer in Madhubani. He has secured rank 2110.

“At Super 30, it was like an extended family where everyone had just one goal - to study. Anand Sir and other teachers were also fully involved with our progress,” he added.

Though the IIT-JEE results were put on the website at 8am, a large number of media persons arrived at the Meethapur residence of Anand Kumar in anticipation much earlier.

“I was confident, because I have seen these students slog. Having come through acute adversity, they are fired by passion from within, as they know that entry into IIT's could change their life and generation,” said Anand.

He said there was the growing need to bring more reforms in IIT-JEE to provide students from rural areas, who suffer from lack of quality schooling, with a level playing field and qualify.

“Imagine, these children have competed with students from top notch public schools of the country. For me, it is immensely satisfying,” he added.

Cheers
    CommentQuote