Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Collapse
X
Collapse

Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Last updated: March 12 2013
47 | Posts
4785 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Hi All,

After latest rape case in Delhi, I am wondering how safe is Bye Pass and Neharpar after dark. Neharpar will have mostly working couples travelling to Gurgaon, Noida and Delhi for work on regular basis and occasional airport trips where early morning flight or returning by late evening flight.

1. At the moment, area is deserted most of the day and more specifically after evening.
    2. No Police Presence in the area (No PS/Chowaki etc).
    3. No street lights but will be in place in a years time (as promised by Govt. agencies)
    4. Sparse settlement/population makes it perfect play ground for antisocial elements.

NB: Guys do not pounce on me. I might be apprehensive but why not debate the possible security scenario in more objective manner. This is not anti GF or pro any other area. Most of us will have families living in the area. Not only women but children, elderly will also be staying there.

If we can link with broader security scenario in Faridabad. What are routine incidents: eve teasing, snatching, kidnapping, looting (vehicles), crime against women and elderly, house theft (in Delhi No colony is safe from burglars and are living on mercy/luck etc. What is the possibility or current security scenario in Neharpar. Lets be objective, not use bricks and bats against each other or pitch UP against Haryana. This thread is purely for GF and Faridabad

Feedback from members who are already staying in Neharpar or on bye Pass road will help tremendously and calm nerves.
    How Harayan Police deal with criminals:
    Last edited December 18 2012, 04:28 PM.

Re : Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Modes please post stick to it, if that's doable.
    Thank you

Comment

Re : Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Current security scenario is not good if we talk about police posts etc. However, I am yet to hear about any negative incident with anyone but yes, going forward as the numbers grow, we would need a proper police arrangement in place.

For now, you can see police van at BPTP bridge but not daily. Then there is P.S Bhupani on Kheri bridge and you can actually see policemen standing on Kheri bridge round the clock. I have returned at 2-2:30 am many a times from parties and everytime there is atleast one post on the by pass road and one on kheri bridge.

But I am sure that as the number of residents grow and anti social locals get to know that MNCs guys were weak targets, street crimes would increase, so just as lots of planning have been going on for NP, I guess its high time, that they give each of the sector its own police station.

Comment

If we can link with broader security scenario in Faridabad. What are routine incidents: eve teasing, snatching, kidnapping, looting (vehicles), crime against women and elderly, house theft (in Delhi No colony is safe from burglars and are living on mercy/luck etc.
        Eve teasing is there but still not that bad as in some other parts. I have heard cases of snatching and burglary too. But again much lesser than other parts. You can check statistics and you will know that Faridabad has the lowest crime rate in entire NCR.

Faridabad police is mostly as in other parts of Haryana. Jats etc. are not touched for petty crimes like breaking traffic rules, entering into a brawl etc. But people like us are challaned even for not wearing a helmet. They are mostly like Chulbul Pandey types. You cannot argue with them.

Comment

Current situation is okay but just skeptical about the future. I hope Haryana Police's image should work as deterrence against the crimes. I heard that HP deals with iron hand.

We need round the clock police presence in the area, at least one or two Police station (one PS for every 7-8 sectors). Lets wait how things pan out in near future.

Comment

Originally posted by miketest View Post
            Eve teasing is there but still not that bad as in some other parts. I have heard cases of snatching and burglary too. But again much lesser than other parts. You can check statistics and you will know that Faridabad has the lowest crime rate in entire NCR.

But people like us are challaned even for not wearing a helmet. They are mostly like Chulbul Pandey types. You cannot argue with them.
            Mike,
            Most people don't mind challenged for traffic offence as along as other things are taken care. True that at the moment in FBD snatching and other petty crimes are pretty low but with affluence (middle and upper middle class moving in) things tend to get murky.

Comment

Originally posted by brandoo View Post
              Mike,
              Most people don't mind challenged for traffic offence as along as other things are taken care. True that at the moment in FBD snatching and other petty crimes are pretty low but with affluence (middle and upper middle class moving in) things tend to get murky.
              Dude Faridabad has already got affluent crowd so it does not have to do with the class with money.

Practically speaking corporate crowd is much easier target because generally this crowd is formed by geeks of our colleges who never got into bare knuckle fights and thus soft targets.

Comment

Mike,
                In our last meeting with DCP, the RWA has requested to arrange a PCR van for SRS or way to SRS via perfect bread factory.

He has told to try his best for the same & now a days we have heared many times the siren of PCR van at night from our flat.

Comment

Originally posted by miketest View Post
                  Dude Faridabad has already got affluent crowd so it does not have to do with the class with money.

colleges who never got into bare knuckle fights and thus soft targets.
                  Bal Ki khal nahi nikal rah ho boss....... I never said that FBD doesn't have affluent people. Please don't read b/w lines. Issue at hand is of great importance and If addressed properly, we can have police presence in the Neharpar.

I am just keeping fingers crossed otherwise you know people can finger

Comment

Bal Ki khal nahi nikal rah ho boss....... I never said that FBD doesn't have affluent people. Please don't read b/w lines. Issue at hand is of great importance and If addressed properly, we can have police presence in the Neharpar.

I am just keeping fingers crossed otherwise you know people can finger
                    I think you are not getting me. I was actually serious in my last post. Police presence is of top importance because no one would wanna live in jungle raaj.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X