Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Collapse
X
Collapse

Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Last updated: March 12 2013
47 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Hi
    Greetings

I trust there is a Police training center in 100 acres plus proposed in Gr Fbd area?. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Concerns of safety are the most important, be it due to builder greed, as seen in SRS or general all around safety.

Concerns equally important are those of Streetlight, water, sewerage, ecology, effluent treatment, pollution, greens, Roads, connectivity, commuting, health services, libraries, security for children/women/elderly.

Another concern is that of flooding, earthquakes-the area lies on type iv or prominent fault line wherein massive earthquakes can come without warning, fire-fire fighting equipment being installed after receiving OC in SRS, as being pointed out. Any type of effluent contamination of air/water due to industrial activity cannot be ruled out as a lot of factories dump their waste in the canals containing heavy metals that can pollute the ground water. DO WE HAVE ANY KIND OF DISASTER MANAGEMENT IN PLACE BY CIVIC AUTHORITIES?

It is all a question of awareness and yes, only way out is to voice your concerns and not sit quiet and wait for action to happen automatically when such an eventuality occurs.

Given the importance of these concerns, I agree to making this thread sticky (with some changes).

Hope respective RWAs in the area work together to strengthen GFWA in raising the concerns.

Cheers
    Last edited December 18 2012, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Re : Concerns: Security, Hazards, Fire, Quake, Roads, Connectivity, Pollution, Water, Health etc for Faridabad

Originally posted by BlessU View Post
      Hi
      Greetings

I trust there is a Police training center in 100 acres plus proposed in Gr Fbd area?. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Concerns of safety are the most important be it due to builder greed as seen in SRS or general all around safety.

Concerns equally important are those of Streetlight, water, sewerage, ecology, effluent treatment, pollution, greens, Roads, connectivity, commuting, health services, libraries, security for children/women/elderly.

Another concern is that of flooding, earthquakes-the area lies on type iv or prominent fault line wherein massive earthquakes can come without warning, fire-fire fighting equipment being installed after receiving OC in SRS, as being pointed out. Any type of effluent contamination of air/water due to industrial activity cannot be ruled out as a lot of factories dump their waste in the canals containing heavy metals that can pollute the ground water. DO WE HAVE ANY KIND OF DISASTER MANAGEMENT IN PLACE BY CIVIC AUTHORITIES?

It is all a question of awareness and yes, only way out is to voice your concerns and not sit quiet and wait for action to happen automatically when such an eventuality occurs.

I am making this thread sticky (with some changes).

Cheers
      One of the main concern is HOSPITALS.

As soon as people has started living in NP, many new school has opened or going to be started in near future (By April). But till now we have not seen any hospital site in this area.

New Malls, School, Market are getting constructed but what about Hospital.

Can any body throw some light on the future planning of hospitals in NP. Is their any plan of any big hospital in NP.

Comment

There is no such announcement from any hospital yet.

Trolling from the thread just to give others some info that the nearest big hospitals from NP are Metro Heart Institute, Sun Flag Hospital in Sec-16, Sarvodaya Hospitals in Sec-8 and Sec-19 and Asian Hospital at Badhkal Chowk.

Comment

Blessyou,
          Thank you for modifying and adding more topics and sticky.
          Thread now looks more comprehensive if not exhaustive. Lets try and make Greater Faridabad a safer place to live.....

Comment

Hi
            Greetings

Honestly, the past couple of weeks instances regarding women security, instances of collapsed buildings cannot be overlooked easily. Least to say that these were manageable situations which an aware and awakened society could have checked.

I have serious apprehensions that Faridabad has a lot of polluting industries all along the canals. These must be dumping a lot of untreated wastes including heavy metals that can potentially destroy the quality of water table..

Huda/Administration is the least serious and so is MCF. All are just busy taking their cut and passing them mai baps share over to the local and state ruling party. The least they can do is ensure that all the industrial waste goes into a common stp and ensure nothing seeps into the ground water.

"Zameen dhas gayi thi" were the comments of congress leader, while the reason for the school collapse was poor structural support of pillars in parking lot in the basement. We need better accountability from the local leaders rather than standing by their financiers.

What if the collapse had occurred a bit latter when the session was on and small innocent lives coming to school for brightening their future to this school??.. These would surely have been kids of those occupying the flats around it.

If those with conscience want to pay sincere tribute to those departed, in the gruesome homicidal act, it would be appropriate to say that they should rise and fight against this rampant lack of concern for human life and excessive greed by builders.

Cheers
            Last edited December 18 2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Population of faridabad is hardly 20L , so that is another reason for low crime rate .
              With influx of population in next 4-5 yrs , crime will only rise .
              UP is worse I feel as people themselves want to get into an altercation & always want to create a reason to fight .
              In Haryana people don't take panga unless you take panga with them .
              But then even if someone is right he gets beaten up badly with rods etc by mostly youngsters & gangs having A class cars & political backing . Police action is same across all of India , just watching & filing an FIR with no action thereafter .
              Only difference with Delhi is in Delhi people with political backing have fear of media & social pressure & accountability these days .
              If she was raped in faridabad , case would not have caught eye of the whole nation 7 I am sure Haryana has worse record in rape as most of them are not reported .

Comment

Gurgaon's population is even lesser, but it is witnessing more crimes. I have said earlier too, goons find corporate crowd soft targets.

Crime against women is worst in northern (I should say sexist and chauvinist) parts of out country and yep you are right, in small villages and kasbas, even the family members of the victims try to suppress the case fearing social humiliation.

Comment

Originally posted by aniket15 View Post
                  Population of faridabad is hardly 20L , so that is another reason for low crime rate .
                  With influx of population in next 4-5 yrs , crime will only rise .
                  UP is worse I feel as people themselves want to get into an altercation & always want to create a reason to fight .
                  In Haryana people don't take panga unless you take panga with them .
                  But then even if someone is right he gets beaten up badly with rods etc by mostly youngsters & gangs having A class cars & political backing . Police action is same across all of India , just watching & filing an FIR with no action thereafter .
                  Only difference with Delhi is in Delhi people with political backing have fear of media & social pressure & accountability these days .
                  If she was raped in faridabad , case would not have caught eye of the whole nation 7 I am sure Haryana has worse record in rape as most of them are not reported .
                  Lets not talk about states it is about India now...Everywhere the same atrocities...

Comment

Originally posted by aniket15 View Post
                    Aniket,
                    Faridabad's (Municipal Corporation of Faridabad) population is 1.4 million (2011 Census) and add another 2 Lakh in new sectors in next 3-5 years. Add 20% natural rate of growth (birth-death rate) for the district and add 10% net inmigration. This will take MCF (including new sectors) total population to 2.4-2.5 million by 2021 census.
                    Noida: 6+ Lakh,
                    Greater Noida: 2.5+ Lakh
                    Gurgaon: 9+ Lakh
                    Ghaziabad: 2.3 +million

Population is not indicative of crime, its over all enforcement, political stability and prevailing culture.

With regard to highlighting rape cases: Except Metro cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, most cases don't get highlighted. Its media who create hype for TRPs.

I do get scared when read about khaps/jat mahapanchayats dictate people to behave/act/wear in certain way. Atrocities against dalits are committed irrespective of state, political system/party in power. Modus operandi doen't change.

Comment

Latest from Khap was - Eating fast foods, especially Chowmein leads to rapes. I wonder if China is secretly exporting some special kind of chowmein to India to destabilize it.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X