Faridabad houses India's richest zones - Hindustan Times

Faridabad houses India's richest zones

Not the national capital's Aurangzeb Road, home to real estate tycoon KP Singh. Not Bangalore's Sarjapur Road, home to India's software czar Azim Premji. India's most affluent neighbourhoods are Faridabad's sectors 14, 15, 16, 16A and 17 (average household income: Rs. 22.96 lakh); Mumbai's

Walkeshwar (Rs 18.17 lakh); and Noida's sectors 19 and 27 (Rs 18.14 lakh). These are areas with the highest household income -total annual income earned by all households divided by total number of households.
And perhaps not so surprisingly, the least affluent neighbourhoods were in Kanpur, Patna and Bhopal.

For its study, research firm Indicus Analytics collated data from several organisations - National Sample Survey Organisation, National Data Survey of Savings Patterns of Indians, District Level Household Survey, Registrar General of India, National Account Statistics, Central Statistical Organisation and Reserve Bank of India.

The survey by Indicus Analytics included 50 cities across India.

If you are surprised at the exclusion of posh and upmarket locales such as Aurangzeb Road in New Delhi from the top of the list, just look around. The clusters of low-income households, and sometimes slums, that abut these areas bring down the average houshold income for the entire municipal ward in which they figure. This explains why some of the better known locations in Delhi, Mumbai or Bangalore don't figure among top locales
Read more
57 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks Sepulchar Bhai

Its quite a long story, in and around about the real , i would rather say Hidden "chuupa Rustam' of Faridabads

One should not forget before IT (GGN or Noida) the base industry, which determines the GDP and Growth of Nation Lies with the kind of Industry most of Indian cities have, best example is Gujarat (which doesnt have so called IT industry' but still propserous and developed state.

Online forums Hype IT, (whose future is dependent on foreign nations ) however needless to say, historical and real industrial towns have the kind of population who 'hire' those so called techiee guys. I know 3 families who have IT /call centres running in GGN and Noida and those businessmen lives in sector 15 Faridabad. Annual Income is whooping High in Faridabad , shocking is that its even higher than Delhi Mumbai guys.

So reality is different from what we are presented. In true sense I consider IT industry is like that model on Ramp (Glamourous, sexy, hot appealing) but once out of ramp , the same looks equally ugly.

The reason for this saying is , I feel pitty to see, how youngsters after graduation just jumping into IT/call centres etc, where they get money and (everything comes with plus minus), but in real sense after say 10 years if same guy moves out to get any decent job, he will not get any oppurtunity at all, no experiance is counted anywhere, infact there is a joke call centres making youth DUMB.

Anyways I am not going to that but yes for sure ek baat kahunga zarror ' 100 Sunaar ki EK Lohaar Ki'
    CommentQuote
  • arre yash bhai IT walo ko ye pata nahi hota ke next day unki job rahegi bhi ya nahi
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    arre yash bhai IT walo ko ye pata nahi hota ke next day unki job rahegi bhi ya nahi

I agree with Yash & Rohit

IT, IT, IT ....

Real contributor in GDP of Nation are Solid Conventional Industries.

IT cannot push national growth, whole IT industry of India is around less than 2% of what we get from even Agricultural (including fish,poultary and dairy products):bab (59)::bab (59)::bab (59)::bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Rohit, Yash kyun IT walon kee band baja rahe ho. :bab (59):

And chalo bajana hai to theek hai, but call center/IT zada ho gaya. Call center is basically for support matters of various organizations which is "a part" of an IT company. There is much more to them so please do not name call center and IT in the same breath.

arre yash bhai IT walo ko ye pata nahi hota ke next day unki job rahegi bhi ya nahi

I am also an IT guy (not in a call center) and bhai job ka to kisi ko bhi nahi pata other than govt employees. :D:D
    CommentQuote
  • these IT guys have no idea about the real earnings of Govt Officers, Middle management of brick and mortar companies, the finance guys (like me) and business people who own the big showrooms, the automotive designers,

These IT guys are just stuck in a virtual world - Yes the entry level earnings are good sometimes double than other industries but then the chances of them to moving up to the ladder is so less that most of them stagnate at supervisior levels where there salaries too get stuck.

How many of the IT guys stick to the industry after mid 30s - don't say that the industry is new because the industry is here since 1980s.

Most of the IT and ITES guys quit the industry once they reach mid 30s because there they realise that the growth path for them is not there so they go into some kind of business - most return to their home towns - girls get married make babies and sit at home.
    On the other hand the real earnings begin for non IT after they cross the age of 40.

So be aware IT guys while commiting next 20 years of your earning to the bank just for a house.

Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by miketest
    Rohit, Yash kyun IT walon kee band baja rahe ho. :bab (59):

And chalo bajana hai to theek hai, but call center/IT zada ho gaya. Call center is basically for support matters of various organizations which is "a part" of an IT company. There is much more to them so please do not name call center and IT in the same breath.

I am also an IT guy (not in a call center) and bhai job ka to kisi ko bhi nahi pata other than govt employees. :D:D

Mike Bhai, you comes under second category. We are here not talking about owners , or business heads.

But thread is contributing towards these big pay masters, some of them happen to be living in Faridabad. IT industry is fine but IT guys should also not overlook other major and back bone industries of India , which helped India to become independent and stand own its own.
    CommentQuote

yahaan agli saans ka maloom nahin, aap job ki baat kar rahe ho!

raat ko 10 baje ke baad paidal he puliya se neher paar kar ke dekho - Kismat theek rahi toe Faridabad se Greater Faridabad - ya - Murda...baad!

ha ha ha
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by miketest
    Rohit, Yash kyun IT walon kee band baja rahe ho. :bab (59):

Mike bhai I have worked for fortune 5 companies like cisco, hp and dell for 12 yrs and I know what it means to be working for hard core computer and network company.

Jo likha wo ekdum such hai - uppar se instructions milte the downsize karo bas 10 bando ke chutti - no reason what so ever

bahut pange hai uppar se there is no support for them as they are white collar workers.

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by KumarKaun

raat ko 10 baje ke baad paidal he puliya se neher paar kar ke dekho - Kismat theek rahi toe Faridabad se Greater Faridabad - ya - Murda...baad!

ha ha ha

there is a big difference between perception and reality

perception is Reliance is a good company
    Reality is that it has under performed

Perception is Gold is stable asset
    Reality is that it has shown 20% volatility at least twice in 3 years

Perception is only IT guys get good money
    Reality is the is far better when you step out of that gloomy shop floor

rohit
    CommentQuote

ha ha ha

hmmmmmm ignorant soul

I did it several times, thats too drunk.

yeh kuch 'maal type zaroorkai baar mila hai' but no chor daku.... oh sorry , forgot it comes under Haryana not UP
    CommentQuote
  • IT and Finance provides Job to a large number of people at a reasonable pay level.

All the realty boom towns have some IT or Finance component.

In other industries ; wealth is concentrated with owners or few people in the upper management; so there is no widespread boom.

Even though most of the IT services work is monotonous and Boring; but it do provide good pay to a large number of people.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your apperciating words

But requesting to stick to topic ... Faridabad is known as Richest Most Area of India with an AVERAGE house hold income more than 22.84 lacs annual. (sector 14,15,16,16A & 17)

No words. and bashers jal bhun ke rakh ho gaye hongey !!
    CommentQuote

ha ha ha

Knock Knock

Kaun hai?

Kumar.

Kumar Kaun??

Exactly!!!

Hehehehe... please take it in a humorous way. BTW there is a place in Kerala known for its beautiful backwaters called "Kumarakom". Its one amazing place to be. No doubt the best I have ever been to.
    CommentQuote
  • Indian IT segment is facing stiff competition from Philippines, China, Brazil & even some African nations has started romping up business from Europe and north America. Some Indian IT giants has already realised this trend and have open or opening up hubs in these countries so as not to lose their cut in business but i'm sure it will give adverse effect on recruitments at level 1- 5 in these companies. Besides this NCR has never been favourite destination anyway. It’s way behind from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Mumbai or even Pune so kind of slump makes NCR IT entities cut employment cost first or symptoms of slow business are seen here first.

On other hand need for IT in Indian companies is on the rise. So many has started looking into domestic market. TCS bagged multibillion Rs deal from Indian passport department few months back. Govt department, Public Ltd, Big retailers, Universities even school all are engaging software firms and majority of these IT companies operate either from Delhi or 2nd tier cities like Chandigarh etc.

Faridabad can make most out of these altering senarios provided HUDA delivers what they have promised in GF and IMT and makes connectivity better with Noida and most important of all on time.
    CommentQuote
    these IT guys have no idea about the real earnings of Govt Officers, Middle management of brick and mortar companies, the finance guys (like me) and business people who own the big showrooms, the automotive designers,

These IT guys are just stuck in a virtual world - Yes the entry level earnings are good sometimes double than other industries but then the chances of them to moving up to the ladder is so less that most of them stagnate at supervisior levels where there salaries too get stuck.

How many of the IT guys stick to the industry after mid 30s - don't say that the industry is new because the industry is here since 1980s.

Most of the IT and ITES guys quit the industry once they reach mid 30s because there they realise that the growth path for them is not there so they go into some kind of business - most return to their home towns - girls get married make babies and sit at home.
    On the other hand the real earnings begin for non IT after they cross the age of 40.

So be aware IT guys while commiting next 20 years of your earning to the bank just for a house.

Rohit

Wow you seem pretty knowledgeable about all the trades.. I guess you must have a car.. can you tell me how your cars ABS works and what happens when you take a sharp turn.. how that car remains on road and you do not meet an accident. Any idea how an aircraft’s parts and structure gets managed, what changes when, what requires maintenance and not … may be in lay man terms.. can you guess the place you are commenting, where its server is located, who manages etc.. maybe you can realize now that IT people do a little bit extra than what you think :)
    CommentQuote