Once more famous for its annual crafts fair, is now a real estate hotspot, an affordable alternative to south Delhi colonies. Read here for more info -

The new south Delhi | Business Standard
Read more
34 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • But still very affordable if you compare it with Delhi .
    Gurgaon 30 minutes
    Noida 15 minutes
    South Delhi 5 minutes

What more you want from life ?
    CommentQuote
  • actually it depends on ur defination of "affordable".
    if affordable means buying something using ur job money and loan based on jobs then its not affordable for an average delhite, and if affordable means selling one house and buying other then its a different story, but then these days there r scanty buyers in delhi, so difficult to sell something in delhi, even if u hv one
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aniket15
    But still very affordable if you compare it with Delhi .
    Gurgaon 30 minutes
    Noida 15 minutes
    South Delhi 5 minutes

What more you want from life ?

what r rates prevailing in this area or there is any resale in this area
    CommentQuote
  • 7500 bsp
    CommentQuote
  • Now with this rate of 7500 - 9000 sq ft if you are getting a decent 3/4 BHK I think its still better than Delhi where rates in average middle class localities today is no less than 12K / sq ft . Pls correct me if I am wrong . I guess CBD complex , krissh township , Omaxe , Vatika etc, this Surajkund area including sec 41,42,43,46 will pick up in next 2-3 years with metro & six lane NH2 work in progress .
    CommentQuote
    Now with this rate of 7500 - 9000 sq ft if you are getting a decent 3/4 BHK I think its still better than Delhi where rates in average middle class localities today is no less than 12K / sq ft . Pls correct me if I am wrong . I guess CBD complex , krissh township , Omaxe , Vatika etc, this Surajkund area including sec 41,42,43,46 will pick up in next 2-3 years with metro & six lane NH2 work in progress .

Where is Vatika in Surajkund? which CBD are you talking about?
    CommentQuote
    Now with this rate of 7500 - 9000 sq ft if you are getting a decent 3/4 BHK I think its still better than Delhi where rates in average middle class localities today is no less than 12K / sq ft . Pls correct me if I am wrong . I guess CBD complex , krissh township , Omaxe , Vatika etc, this Surajkund area including sec 41,42,43,46 will pick up in next 2-3 years with metro & six lane NH2 work in progress .

what do u think about omaxe hills the ongoing rates are about 5000 to 5500 and hardly 3.5 km from delhi border very impressive layouts ready to move property secondly u cant compare delhi to faridabad , noida or gurgoan se comparison samaz aata hai but delhi se compression nahi kar sakte , secondly mb road is the name of a tension the jams near khanpur , badarpur and batra hospital is a mess agar apka buget achha hai to u can try a independent kothi in posh huda sector for about 2 crore :):)
    CommentQuote
  • Paani hain Omaxe hills pe? Otherwise, whole life you will have to look the sight of tanker for water after investing 1.2 Cr in omxe hills.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd
    CommentQuote
  • pani nahi hai omaxe hills me green field calony and all huda sector 45 , 46 ke loog bina pani ke jina sikh gaye hai hafte me ek bar pani peetee hai aur do mahinee bad suraj kund par jaa kar nahatee hai :D:D
    CommentQuote
  • This very true heard the area is on Rocky land

Sent from my GT I9300 using Tapatalk 4 beta
    CommentQuote
  • boss pura gurgoan ( 50 % ) rocky area par hai green feild me sarkari pani aata hai itni badi group housing calony ban rahi hai wo log pagal nahi hai jo 1.2 crore spend kar rahe hai water level bhi jyada nahi hai
    CommentQuote
  • Yogesh , you are badly mistaken .
    I am from Delhi & own a flat in GFC .
    Things have improved as far as water & electricity situation is concerned .
    Surajkund looks far better area than Neharpar watever u guys call it
    No one even knows about that area so you cant call it upcoming until people start hearing about it . It takes time to improve things & I am sure this area will see an appreciation soon .
    Vatika & other commercial projects are coming up on NH2 close to Surjakund .
    CBD - commerical business district on surjakund road , work already started .
    Dont be bullish too much on Greater faridabad mate , it will take a lot of time when people from Delhi will think of moving there .
    This is my personal opinion .
    CommentQuote
  • Surajkund: The challenges

Luxury projects like Charmwood and Omaxe Forest have seen massive appreciation

Of late, Surajkund has been hyped as an attractive real estate destination on the Delhi NCR map. Property prices here have been on the rise, inviting the attention of end-users and investors alike. Though there was very limited new residential supply in this area in the past, this market has been looking up with several residential projects in the pipeline across varied budget categories. Surajkund holds good long-term investment prospects from the perspective of real estate capital appreciation, especially in the affordable housing segment. However, does it have the potential to emerge as an alternative destination to south Delhi?

The true picture

Surajkund is a part of Faridabad, which is primarily an industrial town with minimal corporate activity. The manufacturing sector, which has been the main driver of the economy here, is currently also under tremendous stress. In other words, there is no other major growth driver for the region. The limited availability of better employment opportunities has resulted in only a relatively small proportion of middle and upper-middle class home buyers choosing Surajkund as a residential destination. The number of HNIs (high net-worth Individuals) hailing from the industrial sector and the Faridabad region’s more affluent families is also not significant. Given the absence of alternative growth drivers, this residential market, however upbeat it may be, will witness only limited growth for now.

Currently, luxury projects like Charmwood by Eros and Omaxe Forest by Omaxe - the only projects of their kind in the region - have seen massive appreciation, and their investment potential in terms of further appreciation has peaked. In fact, Surajkund is slowly losing its affordability tag due to the escalating prices, with overall scope of appreciation diminishing concurrently.

Budget-conscious investors will be more interested in other locations such as the Neharpar region (Sector 80 Faridabad and beyond) as the ticket sizes there are smaller, availability of affordable homes is higher and the prospects of returns on investment more encouraging. Also, civic facilities such as water, electricity and physical infrastructure are way below the baseline requirements of a promising growth corridor.

What works for Surajkund

There are definitely some factors that work for Surajkund, such as its abundant green cover and an undoubted location advantage. Surajkund does have the benefit of proximity to south Delhi, with Greater Kailash being a mere 15-20 minutes’ drive away. Also, it is well connected with Gurgaon via the Gurgaon-Faridabad road. The Mehrauli-Badarpur road further enhances its connectivity with other NCR regions. Surajkund also has some good hospitals, malls and attractive hotels.

Surajkund has benefited from the fact that real estate in south Delhi and in other NCR regions such as Gurgaon comes at significantly high premiums.
    This puts these prime areas beyond the financial appetite of many end-users and investors. Surajkund still has many affordable options to offer, which is why many middle class end-users and investors have shown interest in this region.

No comparison with south Delhi

One must keep in mind that unlike Gurgaon and pockets of south Delhi, its connectivity to the airport and the general lack of public transportation remain challenges

This means that Surajkund, despite its location advantage, is unlikely to emerge as an alternative to south Delhi for homebuyers.
    South Delhi and Surajkund are two very different markets when we speak of available options as well as the kind of interest they are evoking. Only investors and end-users with limited financial appetite are considering Surajkund.

Not surprisingly, the price-gap between Surajkund and south Delhi is quite significant. On an average, rates in Surajkund are less than one-third of those in south Delhi.

Currently, a premium residential project in Surajkund commands a price in the range of R10000 to R12000 per sq ft, while a comparable property in south Delhi costs in excess of R30000 per sq ft. There is no likelihood of this gap narrowing significantly in the coming years.

Surajkund: The challenges - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote
  • This is nothing but propaganda by Neharpar builders & developers .
    Hum nahin theek ho rahe toh hum kisi aur ko bhi nahin theek hone denge by spreading negativity around ..
    Bhai yeh South delhi ke rates kisne batae iss bhai ko , 30000 ?
    South Delhi is only defence colony & panchsheel area?
    CommentQuote
  • In Munirka DDA, friend of mine bought apartment (HIG) of 1795 sf at Rs. 18.5 million, this translate into 10306 psf. In VK, HIG of same size will cost 2 crore or so. Vasant Vihar, Def Col, N Friends colony or some other area area costlier than VK or DDA Munirka or some other DDA apartments.
    In south Delhi rates are 10K-13K depending on the apartment age, location, and Security.Hence I don't buy 30K price for south Delhi.
    With regard to Surajkund area (sector 39 or 40 where Omaxe Forest Spa and Hill are built) is really well located, even better than Gurgaon in terms of Distance from New Delhi (south and Central Delhi). Most places are in 20-22 kms radius from this place. Only problem is public transport, and have to rely entirely on private transport. Price for most part is good in comparison to South Delhi, it work out to be 30-50 % cheaper. In resale Hill is selling at 6-6.5K.
    Every area has its pros and cons, GF will be well planned but distance is significant. From Badarpur its 12-17 kms depending on sector whereas Surajkund is hardly 4-5 kms.
    In the end there is a trade off between what one pay and get. GF is almost half the price of Surajkund and Surajkund is almost half of Delhi and main sectors of Gurgaon.
    Take your pic depending on place of work, budget, travel time, locality and public transportation.
    CommentQuote