Understanding the dynamics of the expanding real estate sector in India is no rocket science. Perennially exploiting greener pastures, it is currently obsessed with Tier II and III cities.
Till some time ago, Faridabad was a sleepy town, oblivious to the need for growth and lost amongst the crowd of other sub-cities in the National Capital Region (NCR). While the twin towns of Gurgaon and Noida witnessed a flurry of real estate activity with heightened interest from real estate developers, Faridabad remained slow. Faridabad is currently witnessing a lot of real estate development.

This can be primarily attributed to the easy availability of land here, as compared to Gurgaon or Noida. Prices too are comfortable, for both the end-user and the investor The scenario in the property sector has undergone a vast and unexpected change over the past 24 months, with land rates jumping about six to 10 times.

Faridabad was known as the Manchester of India due to its tremendous industrial growth during 1960-80. In the Final Development Plan of Faridabad, a total of 38,744 acres of land has been proposed as the total urbanisable area out of which HUDA has so far developed 12,363 acres. Private colonisers developed about 3,400 acres by 2005.

According to the Department of Town and Country Planning, licenses for approximately 2,400 acres of plotted/group housing were applied from the middle of 2005 to the end of 2006. Out of 86 applications received from private developers to develop residential colonies, more than 75 per cent have been granted licenses from the government while the rest are being processed. HUDA has so far developed 56,073 residential plots including 20 per cent plots for the weaker sections and 5,350 industrial plots.

Faridabad is still growing. It is not only one of Delhi's suburbs but also a city in its own right with a population crossing over two million. And a large number of affluent middle class are attracted to the city. The market will mature faster than Gurgaon or Noida. However, developing Faridabad into a world class city will require co-ordination between the private sector and government agencies.

HUDA is developing Sectors 1-65, the newly formed Sectors 66-91, spread over 7,800 acres and earmarked as the R zone (residential land use) are being developed by private builders. Present perfect The city currently has a huge town park and 20 sites for shopping malls. Eight hospitals and seven colleges have already been constructed and HUDA has recently advertised the allotment of six hospital sites. The government has already approved sites for CNG stations.

In the development plan for 2021, which is under preparation, better transport facilities such as a dedicated bus corridor, cycle tracks and better pedestrian pathways will be included. Faridabad has long been plagued by problems of water, power and physical infrastructure. Coupled with an indisputable down-market tag for years, Faridabad's real estate prices refused to budge from ground zero. However, promising developments seem to be in the offing. Recently the city received a grant of Rs. 2,500 crores which will help tremendously in its growth.

A two-kilometre flyover has been announced at Badarpur, which will reduce a major part of the traffic chaos. Moreover, with the Western Peripheral Expressway linking Palwal, Manesar, Kundli, Faridabad, Noida and Ghaziabad, inter connectivity between these towns will increase. The upcoming Metro rail should also help.

The main commercial corridor, the Mathura Road stretch, is being developed into a shopping and entertainment corridor. RITES has begun work on the flyover at the Badarpur border. The Taj Expressway will touch Faridabad at Lalpur and go on to meet NH-2 at Shahpur. It will improve Faridabad's connectivity with Noida. Another highway is being planned at Kalindi Kunj, the three-laning of the Faridabad-Gurgaon road, and the widening of the Surajkund road are providing a much needed impetus to the realty growth. An international airport too has been proposed at Jhewar, and a power plant is being planned on the Palwal-Sohna road.
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sublimation
    Ravi S.Singh
    Tribune News Service

Faridabad, January 23
    The state government is contemplating regularisation of 66 unapproved colonies in Faridabad and a favourable decision on them was likely by March end. The government will notify its decision through a gazette notification.
    The Municipal Corporation Faridabad (MCF) has sent the case of the eligible colonies to the state government.
    As per the Cabinet’s decision only those colonies, which came into existence before June 30, 2009, will be considered.
    The other condition is that there must be at least 50 per cent constructions on the total land in the colony concerned. The portions in the colony falling under the overhead high-tension wires, and those belonging to the Defence and Forest Departments will be excluded from the proposed notification.
    Also, the areas under the process of acquisition by the government will be left out. The MCF shortlisted the colonies after conducting their physical survey with the help of a private agency.
    Breakup of the colonies selected for consideration is: 30 are in the Old Faridabad-zone of the MCF, 26 in the Ballabgarh-zone and 10 in the NIT-zone.
    The colonies in the Old Faridabad-zone include Ajronda extended Abadi, the Bharat Colony, Anangur Dairy, Bhoor Colony-extension, Baselwa Colony-extension, Budena extended Abadi, Mewla Maharajpur-extension, Numberdar Colony, Om Enclave, Power House Colony and Rao Sultan Singh Colony. Ankhir village-Extension, Dabua Colony-extension-II, Gazipur Colony, Nangla Enclave Part-II and Navada-extension are some of the colonies in the NIT-zone. The colonies in Ballabgarh-zone include the Krishna Colony, a number of habitations falling in the Adarsh Nagar area, Bhagat Singh Colony, Navlu Colony and the Sanjay Colony. Official sources say the total number of approved colonies in the jurisdiction of the MCF will have become 141 after the government okayed the case of the new bunch of unauthorised ones.

Hi
    Greetings

its high time that unauthorised colonies mushrooming all across Fardiabad be highlighted and sutiable PIL and RTIs be launched. Right under the nose of DTCP and Huda administrators unauthorised developers are distributing plots at 4-6000per sq yards..

To get vote bank govt is now regularising these colonies whereas LICENCED and AUTHORISED Colonies are suffering due to No or Poor development..

Hope various builders and homebuyers associations give this line of thought some immediate reaction.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • whats this posture for?

:bab (34):Hi
    Greetings

inki gaadi jara neharpar ki sadkoon pe dodani chahiye thi:bab (59):

Deepender Hooda Visits Vintage Car Show In Faridabad For Prize Distribution Ceremony - Faridabad Metro : Faridabad Metro

Deepender Hooda Visits Vintage Car Show In Faridabad For Prize Distribution Ceremony

Do you guys have any news??
    Any reactions??

Check details
    Crown Group in association with Heritage Motoring Club of India brought back on popular demand, second edition of 'The Crown Heritage Grand Classic automobile display' at Crown Interiorz Mall, Mathura Road, Faridabad. Vintage car lovers of Faridabad, Delhi and other parts gathered at the Crown Interiorz Mall to have a look at the amazing fleet of cars and motorcycles. Deepender Singh Hooda, MP, Haryana was the Chief Guest of the event. Hooda looked particularly interested in the heritage vehicles and was engaged during the royal event.
    The second year of the annual event once again brought an array of some splendid surprises, bringing together the rich history of the automobile industry from 1928-1976. The event gave car enthusiasts a place to gather and witness the old world charm. Some of the cars showcased by their esteemed owners were Austin(1928), Essex(1929), Chevrolet Phaeton(1930), Morris Major(1934), Rolly Royce, Harley, Mercedes 170S(1936), Morris 8E(1943), Pontiac(1947), Volkswagen Beetle(1961) etc. while some of the motorcycles on display were Triumph Spitfire(1963), Triumph Spitfire MK 1V(1970) etc. R.S. Gandhi, Chairman, Crown Group said, "We are excited to see the overwhelming response of both the participants and the visitors for the event in the second year also. I thank all the vintage car & motorcycle enthusiast, whose participation has made this event a roaring success, two years in a row."

The Event was judged by a panel of 3 eminent judges viz Mr. R. N. Seth who was the Chief Judge, with Maharaja Satbir Singh of Jind and Gyan Sharma. The event also witnessed some special guests from different associations like Heritage Motoring Club of India, Policy and Planning Group, Indo Italian:bab (34): Chamber Of Commerce & Industry, Alumni of St. Stephen’s College and Others. The sponsors of the Event were Kaya, Rasa & Home Saaz. Speaking at the occasion, K.T.S Tulsi, President, Heritage Motoring Club of India said, "We are very proud and happy to witness this year again quality entries and attendance by well-known families from Delhi and NCR. The selection of the best cars and motorcycles was done by eminent judges and opinion poll of the visitors.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Congress MP from Faridabad and Gujjar Samaj national President Avtar Singh Badaana has come to the city to woo the more than 50,000 Gujjar voters in Ludhiana East and Atam Nagar. Badaana, who normally travels by chartered planes, came by Shatabdi Express in order to limit the expenses in the candidates’ accounts.:bab (36):

He campaigned for Ludhiana East candidate Gurmail Singh Pehalwaan and Atam Nagar candidate Malkiat Singh Birmi. Speaking to Newsline, Badaana said, “On getting directions from All India Congress Committee (AICC) General Secretary Rahul Gandhi, I have come to campaign in Punjab. Apart from Ludhiana, I will also be campaigning at Ropar, Patiala, Garshanker and Mohali where Gujjars live in large numbers.”

Addressing election meetings, Badaana appealed to Gujjars to vote for the Congress and pointed out that he, as Gujjar Samaj national president, has always worked for the community’s benefit.

Meanwhile, Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) candidate from Atam Nagar Hira Singh Gabria is busy meeting Hindu organisations to woo voters from the community. He met members of organisations like Shri Ram Sewak Sangh, Shri Krishan Balram Gaushala, Phool Bangla Utsav Committee, Shri Shalasar Balaji trust, Shri Sham Mitra Mandal and Shri Raghunath Sewa Trust.

The meeting was arranged in the hall of the United Cycles Parts and Manufacturers’ Association office and was attended by more than 300 persons from these organisations. As most members of these organisations live in Atam Nagar, Gabria targeted them and sought their electoral support.

He said that they would be appealing to all members of their organisations to vote for him.

Independent candidate Simarjeet Singh Bains too is not far behind in seeking community-based support. He is seeking support from the Aggarwal Sangh and it extended him full support on Sunday.

hope local faridabad residents meet Mr Badhana to ensure development of this very promising town.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • I want to know about Green Field area of Faridabad.
    Plz share details and views ....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    I want to know about Green Field area of Faridabad.

before zeroing on the gr faridabad I did some research in green field -

I found some pros and some cons there

1 - nearest to south delhi with good roads leading to south delhi.

2- nice peaceful area

3- limited availability

4- no high rises - only floors / flats on low rise

cons

water problem

almost zero public transport - I heard about some battery operated rikshaw operating not aware of the current status

looks deserted most of the day as there is lack of shopping centers in the area

low density is good but security becomes a concern

lack of mixed development i.e high rises plus low rises makes the gentry flattish with only one kind of people living there

builders are mostly small time private builders thus quality of the construction remains a concern.

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren

2- nice peaceful area

3- limited availability

cons

water problem

almost zero public transport - I heard about some battery operated rikshaw operating not aware of the current status

lack of mixed development i.e high rises plus low rises makes the gentry flattish with only one kind of people living there

builders are mostly small time private builders thus quality of the construction remains a concern.

rohit

How inside it is from NH-2 and proposed Metro station?
    CommentQuote
    I want to know about Green Field area of Faridabad.

Quiet a peaceful area with not much population around. Many of the houses are physically on the upper side like on a hill. On a nice rainy evening, you feel as if you are driving through some small hill station. Like that place, though there is scope for improvement in terms of markets etc.
    CommentQuote
    How inside it is from NH-2 and proposed Metro station?

drive around 1 km. and you will start seeing cluster of houses.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren

2- nice peaceful area

3- limited availability

cons

water problem

rohit

Hi
    Greeting

Great share.. found some information https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/faridabad-real-estate/10226-green-field-v-s-spring-field?t=12579
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/faridabad-real-estate/18716-greenfield-colony-plots-independent-floors-registry-in-faridabad?t=20895
    any insights about the current price, if I may ask please.

Also Opinion about Omaxe Hills Surajkund Delhi NCR last checked 4500 appx.
    Anything happening there??
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Folks,

I live in Green Valley and commute every day through green field. No issues at all. No cons, its all pros as specified. These cons are every where and not only limited to Green Field. For ppl wants to live near delhi, this is a ideal location. It take just five minutes to reach metro, south is reachable in five minutes and Jasola is again 5 to 10 minutes. All households items are available in the shops inside homes. There are many shops. Some are on interior side and some are on the center main dividing road.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pka_fbd
    Folks,

I live in Green Valley and commute every day through green field. No issues at all. No cons, its all pros as specified. These cons are every where and not only limited to Green Field. For ppl wants to live near delhi, this is a ideal location. It take just five minutes to reach metro, south is reachable in five minutes and Jasola is again 5 to 10 minutes. All households items are available in the shops inside homes. There are many shops. Some are on interior side and some are on the center main dividing road.

Thanks,
    pka_fbd

yeah you are right there are not shopping complexes - shops are inside the homes as the real shops have become property dealers offices.

anyways greenfield is too small portion to make any substantial difference to entire city - the supply is too limited and the essence of that colony was to make is small self sustained low rise colony thus the opportunity of growth (in sense of huge population increase ) is limited.

The water problem remains a pinching problem - well nothing abnormal for most south delhi guys including me.

rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pka_fbd
    Folks,

Thanks,
    pka_fbd

Being a frequent traveler who has lived close to nature, I love this area of Faridabad. The area looks scanty of people but more peaceful, green and more of fresh air. Recommended per my perspective.
    CommentQuote
  • Huda increased budget by 40% for URBAN DEVELOPMENT

Hi
    Greetings

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/India/20120206/1922518.html

While Haryana's plan for Sub-Region of NCR proposes to develop towns of Gurgaon, Faridabad,Bahadurgarh and Sonipat at par with Delhi, Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda has also sought liberal assistance from the Centre to cover the needs of infrastructure, including roads, drains, water supply and sewerage in various towns of the state. Speaking at the second meeting of the Sub-Committee of National Development Council (NDC) on Urbanisation, held in New Delhi today, Mr Hooda said the draft report proposed strategies for balanced development of the NCR, so as to enable economic development of the central NCR towns at par with Delhi. Mr Hooda said the Haryana Government accorded high priority to urban development and as such the budget provision for Urban Sector had been increased from Rs 4434 crore in 2010-11 to Rs 6917 crore in 2011-12. He said the Haryana Government agreed with most of the recommendations of the NDC Sub-Committee on Urbanisation. However, he said, in the formulation of Model Municipal Law, devolution of powers, responsibilities and functions to the local governments and communities should be left to State Governments, as the local issues of every state and urban local bodies were different.

Not sure what are HUDA and Hoodas plans are to use the already rotting money collected from homeseekers and the EDC yet to be deposited by HUDA and HSIDC for development of APPROVED colonies of Faridabad.:bab (59):

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • L&T Construction Bags Orders Valued Rs. 1880 crore

L&T Construction has bagged new orders valued over Rs. 1880 crore across various business segments during the fourth quarter of FY2012.

The Infrastructure IC has secured new orders aggregating to Rs.1048 crore from various clients. The company has secured 2 more orders from DMRC for design and construction of tunnels for underground works between Mandi House to Jama Masjid including 3 stations under Delhi MRTS - Phase III Project and for the construction of a viaduct including ramp for Badarpur-Faridabad corridor.
    Source:Equity Bulls

it seems metro will soon see the light of the day in faridabad till YMCA Chowk.;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sublimation
    L&T Construction has bagged new orders valued over Rs. 1880 crore across various business segments during the fourth quarter of FY2012.

The Infrastructure IC has secured new orders aggregating to Rs.1048 crore from various clients. The company has secured 2 more orders from DMRC for design and construction of tunnels for underground works between Mandi House to Jama Masjid including 3 stations under Delhi MRTS - Phase III Project and for the construction of a viaduct including ramp for Badarpur-Faridabad corridor.
    Source:Equity Bulls

it seems metro will soon see the light of the day in faridabad till YMCA Chowk.;)

Hi
    Greetings

L&T has an impeccable record of executing projects on time.. The civil construction of 9stations and viaduct are concurrent projects of 18 months duration..

Rest time required for rolling stock, platforms, signalling etc which can happen concurrently and delivered comfortably.

Depot construction contract is for 10months and has already been alloted as well I believe.

Best thing is L&T wont work without bank guarantees in able to execute within timeline..

Certainly a good news!!! Minimum 100% Faridabad RE returns, minimum between now and commercial execution of Metro project, easily!!! (unless things go too bad)

Cheers
    CommentQuote