Hello
I am starting this new tread since a number of projects in CR are approaching the final 6 months of completion. Mahagaun recently paid penalty cheques to all the owners in Mascot for any delay .

Dumping ground issue is out of Dundaheda now and this has come in several news papers now .
NH 24 widening is sanctioned and tender is floated.Does any one have any thing to add .

I am an owner in Mahagun mascot project and am an end user. Would like to see a useful flow in information in this thread for the benefit of all .

Happy threading :)
Read more
8443 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dkppatiala
    jainanurag I yesterday went towards shahberi..the tin shade which has been put along the barrier was making me curious..on asking they said that widening work has started...they are now looking to divert the flow of naala..once water recedes.foundation work is to begin...today morning some bricks were also being unloaded..lets hope for the best..

On the other pulia you are correct

I did not noticed the bricks but if its correct than time to cheer up
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Jainanurag
    I did not noticed the bricks but if its correct than time to cheer up

yes but let us wait for some type of official confirmation..
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,
    A question regarding this 'other Pulia' behind GH07 connecting CR ot Gaur roundabout in NE which I wanted to put across long before as well.
    Since all the internal roads of CR are 'private' and maintained by residents (0.30 psft per month) , can CR have exclusive rights to these roads. Basic question is that.. can non-CR people be prohibited form using CR internal roads to reach NE during peak hours ???
    I am asking this because a lot of development is happening on NH24 (Mahagunpuram, Wave city ..golf links etc etc apart from existing ghaziabad residents) who all prefer this route instead of NH24 to reach Noida ....
    CommentQuote
  • can anyone put some light on issues going on builder approvals especially panchsheel........ there are few towers and floors on which approval is not there from gda and bank is also not providing loan..

why is it so in crossings and when and how is it expected to be launched...

and can anyone suggest which builders have available ready to move flats say in 1 year... i mean not resale...original builder booking...

plz respond..thanks in advance..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by desmataks
    can anyone put some light on issues going on builder approvals especially panchsheel........ there are few towers and floors on which approval is not there from gda and bank is also not providing loan..

why is it so in crossings and when and how is it expected to be launched...

and can anyone suggest which builders have available ready to move flats say in 1 year... i mean not resale...original builder booking...

plz respond..thanks in advance..

I also echo the same, I have noticed this strange thing in Crossings largely, many illegal buildings or floors are built, didnt ever heard anywhere in NCR. Very unusual, one fine day one comes to know his building is not approved or floor is illegal. :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cradlecog
    Hi Guys,
    A question regarding this 'other Pulia' behind GH07 connecting CR ot Gaur roundabout in NE which I wanted to put across long before as well.
    Since all the internal roads of CR are 'private' and maintained by residents (0.30 psft per month) , can CR have exclusive rights to these roads. Basic question is that.. can non-CR people be prohibited form using CR internal roads to reach NE during peak hours ???
    I am asking this because a lot of development is happening on NH24 (Mahagunpuram, Wave city ..golf links etc etc apart from existing ghaziabad residents) who all prefer this route instead of NH24 to reach Noida ....

Yes its quite possible as there are many colonies in Delhi where they put gates and restrict access for outsiders. RWAs need to approach local GDA for approvals I guess.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sepulchar
    I also echo the same, I have noticed this strange thing in Crossings largely, many illegal buildings or floors are built, didnt ever heard anywhere in NCR. Very unusual, one fine day one comes to know his building is not approved or floor is illegal. :(

jass_s there is no harm in saying what you are because you have started from where u were banned (in a new avataar)..nobody comes to a thread suddenly & starts talking like a veteran..

now on the issue..india is a corrupt nation..U.P is among the most corrupt..Old Government approved something...new government came & put a hold on everything..now as & when things are being settled floors & towers are becoming approved...has anything changed in this country...

You are sounding like it is only CR where it is happening..IP Amrapali..Gurgaon...Dwarka..NP everywhere it is happening.

But yes we are the worst..hope that makes you happy...We are living in a hell besides villages, naala,STP, polluted industries,DG..we can't travel....
    CommentQuote
    jass_s there is no harm in saying what you are because you have started from where u were banned (in a new avataar)..nobody comes to a thread suddenly & starts talking like a veteran..

now on the issue..india is a corrupt nation..U.P is among the most corrupt..Old Government approved something...new government came & put a hold on everything..now as & when things are being settled floors & towers are becoming approved...has anything changed in this country...

You are sounding like it is only CR where it is happening..IP Amrapali..Gurgaon...Dwarka..NP everywhere it is happening.

But yes we are the worst..hope that makes you happy...We are living in a hell besides villages, naala,STP, polluted industries,DG..we can't travel....

Dont wanna waste my time, you think I m jaas, or sonia gandhi, whatever it shows your levels of frustration and hysterical attitude.

I never said anything wrong about your area Crossings, still you yourself committing to the issues around the area. I will still be quite as with time things will improve though not fully but for sure partly. Praying to God , give you courage to stand in life. Dont be a looser my brother, initially i used to feel bad about you accusing me, but i feel pitty and understand your crisis situation. I am sorry if I ever hurt you, and please throw your all worries and frustration on me.. . . . I am happy to take it if it provides you peace
    CommentQuote
  • Friends, Take it easy....We discuss more about people here rather than Area.
    This thread slowly come to fighting mode after every few days.....So lets create healthy platform here so that others feel comfortable to write here. Positives, negative..neutral views all should be welcome. Without discussions, this thread will again become dead with no posts.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not frustrated ..I am satisfied..I am happy..I am enjoying my life in CR...I want critics of CR to be happy..so I am conceding that CR is the worst...but the bottomline is it is not & we shall make it much much better...we need people like u to point to us on daily basis that we are the worst in everything....be it Approval Status, DG, Pollution, Traffic Jams...

these days people are needing double the time then normal to travel from Noida to any part of delhi/Faridabad..but again we are tarvelling in 20 minutes flat..still people think we are the worst..we do not have single traffic light to negotiate in morning & only 2 crossings to negotiate (without lights) in the evening..but then we are 3rd grade because we have curse of NH_24....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hindustan
    Friends, Take it easy....We discuss more about people here rather than Area.
    This thread slowly come to fighting mode after every few days.....So lets create healthy platform here so that others feel comfortable to write here. Positives, negative..neutral views all should be welcome. Without discussions, this thread will again become dead with no posts.

hindustan ji you are a veteran member ..please let me know how can one change his name on IREF..suddenly jass_s becameysingh11 & got banned..next day sepulchar started from where jass-s left..i call him by that name he becomes touchy..I talk of my vision of CR he says put that post on CR Vs NP...infact I never mentioned NP in that post..

From last few days we have been trying to discuss:

i] DG feasibilty because of BOT
    ii] Roads..
    iii Roads accessibilty issues..

On ground we are organising free health camp from Columbia Asia Hospital on 26th January..We have put CIPL on notice because of their non seriousness on many issues but then again somebody asks for status of tower or approval & jass says that "it Happens only in CR"..somebody says about loading then again "the worst happens only in CR"..so i concede.....so i concede...
    CommentQuote
    hindustan ji you are a veteran member ..please let me know how can one change his name on IREF..suddenly jass_s becameysingh11 & got banned..next day sepulchar started from where jass-s left..i call him by that name he becomes touchy..I talk of my vision of CR he says put that post on CR Vs NP...infact I never mentioned NP in that post..

From last few days we have been trying to discuss:

i] DG feasibilty because of BOT
    ii] Roads..
    iii Roads accessibilty issues..

On ground we are organising free health camp from Columbia Asia Hospital on 26th January..We have put CIPL on notice because of their non seriousness on many issues but then again somebody asks for status of tower or approval & jass says that "it Happens only in CR"..somebody says about loading then again "the worst happens only in CR"..so i concede...

Moderators can explain it better but as I had seen in past, when moderators find duplicate Ids or find banned person came with another Ids, they try to ban him again and then tie his new Id posts with old banned ID, so that people can recognize him. Zohaib is an example.

Dkpatiala bro, I found most of your posts are relevant and have good amount of information with them. But I will also suggest you not to indulge in NP verse CR and try to ignore someone if you don't like it and try to avoid other names.

Happy posting ...:)

Moderators can explain it better but as I had seen in past, when moderators find duplicate Ids or find banned person came with another Ids, they try to ban him again and then tie his new Id posts with old banned ID, so that people can recognize him. Zohaib is an example.

Dkpatiala bro, I found most of your posts are relevant and have good amount of information with them. But I will also suggest you not to indulge in NP verse CR and try to ignore someone if you don't like it and try to avoid other names.

CommentQuote
  • Stories of DG Plants in India so far:

First post is of July 2012 wherein everything is fine:
    Wonders of waste disposal in Kanpur

We Indians have got so used to seeing garbage spilling over from municipal dustbins at street corners and often even strewn around in open public spaces, that we accept this phenomenon as inevitable. We look the other way with what seems like futile hope that some day, someone will find a solution to our problem and rid us of this major health hazard of urban living in India.
    The integrated solid waste management project in Kanpur offers hope. Located on the western bank of the Ganga, Kanpur is an important industrial city of Uttar Pradesh, the largest state in India. With a population of 36 lakh (3.6 million) and a total area of 260 sq kilometres, the city is divided into 110 municipal wards. Kanpur has been home to textiles, leather, fertilisers and arms manufacturing, each with its capacity to pollute.
    The state of solid waste management in Kanpur was no different from most other Indian cities until only a few years ago. Kanpur Nagar Nigam (KNN) had the responsibility for collecting, transporting and disposing of the solid waste generated in the city, estimated at about 1500 tonnes per day. There were numerous collection centres in the city, more than 400 of which were open dumps. A fleet of 132 vehicles and 3000 safai karmacharis were supposed to collect and transport the city garbage and dump it at an "authorised" site a few kilometres away from the city. This they did at an annual cost of Rs 42 crore, which has now come down to about half. Scientific disposal of the garbage was not even contemplated. The collection and transportation activity was financed out of grants from the state finance commission. A community of rag-pickers was involved in removing recyclable waste from the waste chain.
    It is worth recalling that it was only in 2000 that the Government of India, exercising its powers under the Environment (Protection) Act of 1986, notified the Municipal Solid Waste (Management and Handling) Rules. The Supreme Court played an important role in nudging the government to act in this area, which is otherwise the responsibility of the states. The Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) launched by the Government of India in 2005 further focused attention on the need to improve public service delivery in urban areas in general and solid waste management in particular, and provided funds to support such activity.
    Seizing this opportunity, the KNN and the state government of Uttar Pradesh worked together to experiment with public-private partnership in transforming the system of solid waste management in the city.
    On a recent visit to Kanpur, I was pleasantly surprised to find hardly any garbage on the streets. I visited what were earlier garbage collection centres in Shastri Nagar and near M.G. college, civil lines. These have now been converted into parks with the help of the local community. One of the largest dhalaos (open temporary dumpsite) has not only been converted to a park, but has become public space for expression of art; 11 art enthusiasts have made beautiful paintings on a wall which once stood testimony to public apathy towards urban hygiene. Yet another garbage collection centre has been converted into a ward office.
    How did this happen? In June 2008, KNN gave a BOOT (build, own, operate, transfer) contract for processing and disposing of solid waste to A2Z Infrastructure, a private company, which was selected through a process of competitive bidding. Land (46 acres) was given free on a long lease of 30 years for the project. The plant to process 1500 tonnes per day capacity of solid waste was set up with a tipping platform, a pre-segregation unit, a composting unit, an RDF (Refuse Derived Fuel) unit, a plastic segregating unit, a briquette manufacturing unit, and a secured landfill in place.
    Of the total project cost of Rs 110 crore, Rs 56.6 crore came from JNNURM and the rest from the private partner. Subsequently, the contract for collection and transportation was given to the same company, once again through a competitive bidding process. This created conditions in which the waste collection and transportation activities could be integrated with waste processing and its scientific disposal, with possibilities for revenue generation.
    Door-to-door collection of garbage is being done in bins attached to rickshaws by safai mitras using hand gloves and protective masks. The garbage is directly unloaded into refuse compactor trucks of varying capacity, which can typically take the load of 40 to 50 bins. This way the garbage is compressed while being transported and more of it can be accommodated in the vehicle. There are still a few dumpsites on the streets, but they are on their way out. Each transport vehicle is equipped with GPS and every incidence of the compactor halt to collect garbage is monitored and recorded. This minimises the scope for deception and discourages fuel theft.
    Monthly user charges have been set by KNN in the range of Rs 30-50 for households, Rs 1000-6000 for industry and Rs 15 for the urban poor. These are collected by A2Z on behalf of KNN, and the monthly collection at present is Rs 0.75 crore. To sensitise people to the benefits of door-to-door collection, there was no charge in the first three months. As Vikram Singh, former municipal commissioner of Kanpur and the promoter of this partnership put it, "there is scope to recover up to Rs 1.5 crore from user charge collection".
    Rag-pickers have been given the opportunity of starting a new life. As Rajneesh Mehra of A2Z told me, "Some of the former rag-pickers (130, to be precise) now earn a regular salary as safai mitras, sport a bank card, enjoy social security and health benefits, and their young kids have started going to schools. We plan to employ many more."
    The garbage is taken to a central site where it is sorted, segregated, transformed into a number of products of value, for example, premium quality compost, RDF, interlocking tiles from construction debris for use in footpath paving, etc. After selling off some other recyclable material, very little (less than 2 per cent or so) remains to be deposited in the landfill. The landfill, which was expected to fill up in seven years, may actually take much longer, thanks to the success in reusing most of the waste.
    Kanpur Waste Management Plant is the largest producer of compost from organic waste; about 50 per cent of the waste collected from Kanpur is biodegradable. The quality of the compost is enhanced by scientific inputs coming from the R&D lab at the plant. The premium quality organic fertiliser is sold through fertiliser marketing companies like KRIBHCO, IPL, Coromandel, Green Star, and also directly under their own brand "Vasundhara". The plant is not able to meet the growing demand for organic fertiliser thanks to the Fertiliser Control Order of 2010, which has defined the specifications of the compost made from organic sources, including food components and the scarcity of quality compost in the country.
    In 2010, A2Z Infrastructure, the private company, invested Rs 110 crore of their own money in setting up a waste-to-energy plant, thus creating the largest integrated project in solid waste management in Asia. This power plant enabled the company to exploit the synergies between collection, processing and disposal. The plant produces 15 MW of electricity, using RDF produced in-house. It uses CFBC (Circulating Fluidised Bed Combustion) technology, an advanced fuel combustion technology from Germany. These boilers burn RDF, a fuel made from garbage at low temperatures ensuring that the plant does not emit any oxide of nitrogen or sulphur, nor dioxins and furans. It has negligible particulate emission, several times smaller than the national standards prescribed by the Central Pollution Control Board. This is the first use of CFBC technology in India and also its first use in less than 100 MW scale power plant in Asia. The plant has been registered with UNFCCC for carbon credits claiming certified carbon reductions achieved by CDM projects under the Kyoto protocol.
    It is not surprising that the project has been recognised for its significant achievements. The Kanpur Nagar Nigam received the JNNURM award of excellence for Best City for Improvement in Solid Waste Management from the prime minister in 2011. While setting an example on solid waste for others, Kanpur must now address the challenge of liquid waste, joining hands with others to remove filth from the holy waters of the Ganga.
    CommentQuote
  • Second Post:August 2012..Kanpur rots

A2Z fails to accomplish cleanliness task, Kanpur rots

TNN Aug 24, 2012, 06.01AM IST

Tags:

KANPUR: The city's garbage collection and disposal system was expected to get a facelift two years ago with the launch of solid waste management system (SWM) by Kanpur Municipal Corporation and A2Z Infrastructure, but that did not happen. Growing mismanagement, scams and shortage of manpower led to the failure of A2Z.
    A2Z Infrastructures, a Gurgoan-based company, which has been assigned the task of waste collection from households and transportation to the dumping ground in Bhauti, has failed to do its task properly. The contract for waste collection was given to this firm around two years ago. At the time of its launch, A2Z proposed to recycle the waste and produce electricity from it but later withdrew the proposal of generating electricity.

Now, the firm has failed to collect household garbage. The dustbins kept at the crossings are flooded with garbage. The holy months like Shrawan and Ramzan have ended and residents keep on complaining but got no solution came from the civic authorities.
    The A2Z workers, who have stopped collecting waste from houses, have not started the work properly even after getting new guidelines from the firm. They do not collect the garbage everyday. The residents say that the workers come twice or thrice a week, then why they should they get full fee for garbage collection.
    "The A2Z worker came to my house on Monday. No one had come to the locality after that. When we ask the worker the reason for his absence he did not give a satisfactory reply. The workers often misbehave with us," said Uday, a resident of Shankaracharya Nagar.
    Saroj Gupta, living in posh K-Block, said that the residents are forced to throw garbage in the nearby park in the absence of A2Z workers.
    The firm is still having disputes over irregularities in the payment of salaries of its employees. It has several unsolved issues with Kanpur Municipal Corporation.
    As estimated 1,200 tonnes of garbage is generated everyday, which is to be lifted by A2Z. The company is not even clearing 800 tonnes. The remaining 400 tonnes or more is left on the streets daily to rot. Apart from taking user charge from residents, the firm is also getting a fixed amount from KMC to transport the garbage to its recycling plant at Bhauti. A2Z has also been found guilty in submitting wrong bills of garbage transportation.
    The laxity of A2Z workers and officials often results in their ouster from the KMC meetings. A similar incident took place in a meeting of corporators and the head of Zone-6 on Thursday, from which officials of A2Z were asked to leave.
    A2Z spokesman Anil Sindoor said that there was misunderstanding between the municipal corporation and the firm which had been sorted out. But it will take some time for the things to normalize.
    CommentQuote
  • As per newspapers, they are claiming CR dumping ground will be cover solid waste plant so that it won't affect near by areas by smell.
    Is it feasible? Or it is just a trick by GNN to soothe the residents.
    CommentQuote