• Show
Clear All

• Re : Crossing Republik Latest Updates & Reviews

Originally Posted by ManGupta

HC cautions flat buyers to verify properties before purchase
    AGENCIES
    Posted: Saturday, Jun 16, 2012 at 1346 hrs IST
    Tags: Flat Buyers | Property Purchase | Illegal Construction | Nation News

Mumbai: Disposing of a clutch of petitions seeking regularisation of illegal floors in a building at Navi Mumbai, the Bombay High Court has cautioned the flat buyers to verify properties they intend to buy before purchasing them and refrain from approaching the courts to seek redressal.
    The observation was made by Justice A M Khanwilkar and Justice S S Shinde on June 11 while hearing petitions filed by a developer and some others seeking regularisation of "illegal" structures/floors in building 'Green Heritage' at Khargar in Navi Mumbai, near here.

Referring to an earlier judgement of the same court, the bench held that although flat buyers may be aggrieved but their interests cannot override those of the members of public at large. Their individual rights and interests are subservient to the concerns for public health and safety.

"Ultimately, if they purchase flats without bothering to make inquiries and seeking details of the construction at site, then, they are themselves to blame", the judges said.

"In this era, where science and technology have advanced to a great extent so enactments such as Right to Information Act are in place, it is not unreasonable to expect that the flat purchasers should avail of the same and seek appropriate and relevant details of the construction before booking and purchasing flats in large scale building projects", the bench opined.

"If they (flat buyers) are carried away by the brochure and the public advertisements and do not make such inquiries, then, they cannot turn around and seek assistance of the courts, the bench said.

Ultimately, the Court's jurisdiction under Article 226 of the Constitution is extraordinary, discretionary and equitable. That jurisdiction cannot be exercised merely because of loss or inconvenience to such flat purchasers.

There are civil and penal laws available to them for redressal of their individual grievances and complaints. Doors of civil and criminal courts are open to them. However, they cannot seek a Writ of Mandamus directing the Planning Body to regularise unauthorised and blatantly illegal constructions.

That makes a mockery of the rule of law, the judges remarked.

"This Court while exercising jurisdiction under Article 226 of the Constitution of India cannot act contrary to law. Its orders and directions should not flout the planning laws and building regulations. It has been held by the Supreme Court that this jurisdiction must confine itself to the limits of law and not travel beyond it," they observed.

In such circumstances, the fervent plea of the petitioners to allow retention of the unauthorized and illegal floors cannot be accepted, the judges remarked while disposing of the petitions.

In all three writ petitions, one common point raised by the petitioners was that various authorities have granted No Objection Certificate for electricity supply, water connection etc, and therefore, occupation certificate ought to have been granted by the respondents.

The Judges, however, held "in our opinion, merely because authorities have granted permission for water connection, electricity supply or No Objection Certificate etc, that itself would not lead to the conclusion that the Planning Authority (CIDCO) should regularize irregular construction over and above the permissible construction".

Therefore, there was no substance in the arguments of the petitioners that since authorities have granted no objection certificate or water connection or electricity supply connection etc, the Planning Authority was bound to grant the occupation certificate, the bench opined.

Comment

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...llegal?t=34388

Comment

Originally posted by megha23 View Post
        Yes, seems better to go for Sam Residency, if need big/spacious flat for living purpose.
        However, it is difficult to give such big flats on rent and ppl look for eminities like gym, club etc. I am sure that the deal can be cracked to 45-46 lac.
        This rate is nowhere in NCR for such a spacious Apartment.
        There is a dressing area near master bedroom and we have the option whether to keep wooden floor or tiles in master bedroom.

I guess wall color and design in master bedroom can be chosen by buyer.
        Now coming back to shortcomings, few observations:
        1. It is very small complex and I haven't seen space for maintenance office
        2. It seems there were two partners and now handling projects separately.
        3. They have oursourced the selling of apartment to Ashler, division of which is into stock trading as well. They are handling a project in noida in the name
        of Sam Abhimanyu. So, I think for SAM residency, they are concerned with selling and sharing profits between partners.

3. I have a doubt that it is worth to invest or live there only when ppl are living there atleast 20 families. This is because, even if case there is no service provided by builder, ppl can unite, form RWA and manage the society
        4. I think 60 flats (I am not sure exactly) are there and all are of 4 BHK, that makes it high on maintenance if builder keeps the maintenance contract for 2-3 years.

I am not a broker or seller, but was keen to own a home in CR.
        Sadly, apartments in wellington and Gaur seems too small and roofheight is small too as compared to SAM.
        Sam is good, but only when we have few families, which can manage the society if builder backs out for maintenance.

These are my personal views and I may be wrong in observation
        I also visited the site and property look tempting despite several facts highlighted by Megha. They are ready for immediate/whenever required Registry.

Ready to provide the contact details for owners who booked flat there.

Only delay is due to electricity connection is not present there for which they are following up with crossing since crossing control the basic infra development

Comment

Originally posted by ARaghuvashi View Post
          I also visited the site and property look tempting despite several facts highlighted by Megha. They are ready for immediate/whenever required Registry.

Ready to provide the contact details for owners who booked flat there.

Only delay is due to electricity connection is not present there for which they are following up with crossing since crossing control the basic infra development
          Another problem I heard was that a big portion of the amount, they want in black. So, loan and registry will be at less amount. Makes it unaffordable.

Maintenance charges will be 1.60 Rs psqf means for 2230 Sqf, it ll be Rs 3570 per month.

Comment

Originally posted by jeetcp View Post
            Another problem I heard was that a big portion of the amount, they want in black. So, loan and registry will be at less amount. Makes it unaffordable.

Maintenance charges will be 1.60 Rs psqf means for 2230 Sqf, it ll be Rs 3570 per month.
            Very True Jeet. But If some can afford it. Will it be a value to money?

AND, did u have any update on electricity portion. As they keep on saying that electricity be at site by this month end.

AND, who confirmed you the Maintenance charges will be 1.60 Rs psqf because I visited the site day before yesterday and no one ready to comment on that. Moreover, I did not see a single family living over there.

could you suggest any ready to move property..cost in betweem 45- 48 lacs.

Lookin for your comments.

Comment

The maintenance cost for all the society is going to be around 1.5-6 only [after adding Crossing maintenance charges].

If SAM do not have electricity connection.. don't go for it.. because:
              - Crossing was suppose to have 4 Electric sub-station; out of which only one is functional. In that case, till the time all are functional, its tough to say that all societies will be well-lighten. Of course, small players will be the most affected.

- If SAM is not having electric, it will run on DG, additional cost [At least temporarily].

- Please confirm that if Crossing Infra has sub-contracted SAM. I suspect that it may be a case of builder having its project 'adjacent to CR' rather than 'in CR township'.

Originally posted by ARaghuvashi View Post
              Very True Jeet. But If some can afford it. Will it be a value to money?

AND, did u have any update on electricity portion. As they keep on saying that electricity be at site by this month end.

AND, who confirmed you the Maintenance charges will be 1.60 Rs psqf because I visited the site day before yesterday and no one ready to comment on that. Moreover, I did not see a single family living over there.

could you suggest any ready to move property..cost in betweem 45- 48 lacs.

Lookin for your comments.

Comment

Any news for CR pending GDA approval.

Comment

Feedback for Panchsheel Wellington project of CR.

Comment

Originally posted by James007 View Post
                    Feedback for Panchsheel Wellington project of CR.
                    As. I know not much inventory available....and tower 3, 4,5,6 affected by GDA issue. good if you manage to get something in tower 1,2.

Comment

Originally posted by James007 View Post
                      Any news for CR pending GDA approval.
                      No. :-)

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X