Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

Last updated: October 15 2010
50 | Posts
52 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

Nearly 2 months to go. What could be the possible outcome of the Commonwealth Games on Indian Real Estate?
    Successful Games = Stable Real Estate
    40.91%
    Successful Games = Further Appreciation
    27.27%
    Poor Games = Drastic Fall in Prices
    2.27%
    Poor Games = Slight Fall in Prices
    9.09%
    No Games = Drastic Fall in Prices
    2.27%
    No Games = No Change
    18.18%

Re : Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

I don't think if CWG does not take place it should have any effect on the real estate sector.

Whatever planned infrastructure spending (minus commission under corruption) has already been spent or nearing completion for spending.

I don't think if few atheletes do not run or few medals are not given away it should have any effect on the real estate sector, by real estate I mean houses/residences where people stay (or have to stay in future)

Yes, if CWG does not happen the hotels/travel industry might suffer a bit, but I guess anyways not many foreigners visit except the contigents representing different countries.
    This might have a slight/minute impact on the economy as a whole but that should not be affecting the real estate sector at all.

OR even if the games happen (by the way I think that the games will happen and should happen) it will not affect much now since all the development that had to happen under it's name is already underway.

Comment

Originally posted by smart_invest View Post
      I don't think if CWG does not take place it should have any effect on the real estate sector.

Whatever planned infrastructure spending (minus commission under corruption) has already been spent or nearing completion for spending.

I don't think if few atheletes do not run or few medals are not given away it should have any effect on the real estate sector, by real estate I mean houses/residences where people stay (or have to stay in future)

Yes, if CWG does not happen the hotels/travel industry might suffer a bit, but I guess anyways not many foreigners visit except the contigents representing different countries.
      This might have a slight/minute impact on the economy as a whole but that should not be affecting the real estate sector at all.

OR even if the games happen (by the way I think that the games will happen and should happen) it will not affect much now since all the development that had to happen under it's name is already underway.
      I agree. CWG has only one impact on NCR Real estate when governement track down all flat/property sold in NCR and find out it's actual buyer by verifiying PAN card and other detail.
      That's not possible so it won't have any impact on RE. Delhi real estate anyway will not have any impact whatever be the output of game/world recession.

NOIDA is already down due to over supply.
      Faridabad chepaer than Lucknow RE.
      Greator NOIDA also struggling.
      Ghaziabad down as NOIDA down.

Only Gurgaon RE left which is going up and reached at level which anyway may correct 5-10%. So in Gurgaon which property was 1800 in Feb 2009 reached 3000-3500. So broker/builder/investor will reduce price to 2900-3000 and will say "Oh..correction of 15-20% from top...buy buy buy.."

Poor end user will fall in trap and will end up buying at 3000 thinking he got cheap at 3000 becasue it was 3500. But actually he given profit of 1200 to broker/short term investor.

Comment

Venky why u voted for this option

"No Games = Drastic Fall in Prices"

Comment

I don't think it will come to that. too much money is involved, to held no games at all. but more idiotic things have happened in India, so can't be 100 % sure. So why do you think games will not be held at all.
          Originally posted by nibha View Post

Comment

I didn't think , I asked the same question to Venkytalks
            Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
            I don't think it will come to that. too much money is involved, to held no games at all. but more idiotic things have happened in India, so can't be 100 % sure. So why do you think games will not be held at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nibha View Post
              This was for sure since no games = crisis of confidence in India by FDI (India already expensive with trailing PE of 22) = dollar pull out = stocks crash = RE crash.

This might still happen even if CWG is a success CWG - hence cause for caution now in stocks and RE.

Please realise that RE price escalation in Gurgaon and Mumbai was because of people doubling and trippling their money in stock market in 2009.

Stocks crashing cannot be tolerated by RE market
              Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by abhi View Post
                Nearly 2 months to go. What could be the possible outcome of the Commonwealth Games on Indian Real Estate?
                Pretty sure about one thing...once CWG are over, plenty of construction workers, equipments and contractors will be free.

Construction of new housing projects will pick up then, i guess.

Comment

Well hats a very good point. haven't thought about it like that. so there might be a silver lining after all
                  Originally posted by Basant View Post
                  Pretty sure about one thing...once CWG are over, plenty of construction workers, equipments and contractors will be free.

Construction of new housing projects will pick up then, i guess.

Comment

Real Estate Price Crash

The price will not fall. Reasons:
                    A. Black money is twice the size of Indian economy.

B. Politician + Developer hand in glove.
                    Politician get big money from Developer and invest again with them. Thus, politician will always save developer the way they have always saved them.

C. RBI and banks are greatly influenced by above stated nexus.
                    People did not notice, that last year when developers were facing double market and debt heat, RBI came as their rescuer by changing NPA norms for real estate sector and RBI data shows a 41% increase debt funding to Developer during this tough time when loan to other industries only grew by 14%.

D. Government finds it good to sale / lease the land parcel at astronomical prices to the developers (another medium of circular bribe nexus) when it can easily ask the developers to come and just construct the project.

E. Release of land and FSI, increases the supply of real estate which can bring down the real estate prices. The process is influenced and controlled which does not allows the prices to come down.

There are other N number of reasons.

Which if some one wants to know will be explained further.

Regards
                    Nitin Parashar

Comment

Tags: None
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X