• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

Originally posted by nitinparashar View Post
    The price will not fall.

I agree

Reasons:
    A. Black money is twice the size of Indian economy.
    Not true

B. Politician + Developer hand in glove.
    Politician get big money from Developer and invest again with them. Thus, politician will always save developer the way they have always saved them.
    True

C. RBI and banks are greatly influenced by above stated nexus.
    People did not notice, that last year when developers were facing double market and debt heat, RBI came as their rescuer by changing NPA norms for real estate sector and RBI data shows a 41% increase debt funding to Developer during this tough time when loan to other industries only grew by 14%.
    Not true. We have the best central bank in the world. Weight of RE risk was actually raised in 2006 much ahead of the bubble. Some amount of quantitative easing was needed in the crisis to prevent bankruptcy and default by builders. Now again the commercial RE risk has been increased for banks.

Cant get a better regulator than this - which is why finance ministry is unhappy with RBI

D. Government finds it good to sale / lease the land parcel at astronomical prices to the developers (another medium of circular bribe nexus) when it can easily ask the developers to come and just construct the project.

True

E. Release of land and FSI, increases the supply of real estate which can bring down the real estate prices. The process is influenced and controlled which does not allows the prices to come down.

True

There are other N number of reasons.

Again true :-)

Which if some one wants to know will be explained further.

Please do

Regards
    Nitin Parashar
    Would like to hear more of your thoughts, Nitin
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Hate to comment on CW in writing.... ;-) even I do criticize the work every single day of my life.

My take would be :

Successful games - but poorly managed and overly spent.
      Effect on real estate - positive both in terms of future investments and completion of projects held up due to Commonwealth activities in NCR.

From buyers point of view - I expect some regulations from the government for a better control and transparency in real estate.

Comment

24 Hrs to go. Am hoping we have normal games.
        MM

Comment

the games will be no doubt be sucessful beyond our imagination. actually our imagination was hijacked by all negativities of our hyper media(a la peepli live).it will be a good show and definetely the credit should go to all those unnamed unknown faces who r slogging it out for night n day to make it a grand event.the officials higher up almost made it a non event. thankfully it seems india will shine. i am trying for the opening ceremony 2morrow. in any case i have bought tickets of events that being held in stadium closest to my residence. i have heard from sources the venues r world class. it will a good exposure to our kids. also heard from the sources the ticket sale is slow. come on people leave RE for a little while and be sporty for a change..after RE and all sab maya hai. do ur bit for the country.

Comment

Originally posted by sab_maya_hai View Post
            the games will be no doubt be sucessful beyond our imagination. actually our imagination was hijacked by all negativities of our hyper media(a la peepli live).it will be a good show and definetely the credit should go to all those unnamed unknown faces who r slogging it out for night n day to make it a grand event.the officials higher up almost made it a non event. thankfully it seems india will shine. i am trying for the opening ceremony 2morrow. in any case i have bought tickets of events that being held in stadium closest to my residence. i have heard from sources the venues r world class. it will a good exposure to our kids. also heard from the sources the ticket sale is slow. come on people leave RE for a little while and be sporty for a change..after RE and all sab maya hai. do ur bit for the country.
            I am going for CWG... Our organization has booked tickets for all interested employees... two events.. 1. India v/s Pakistan (Hockey) 2. Badminton.

During RE discussions... don' forget the nation...

Cheers..

Comment

Kudos to all those who will go to watch the games. I too am going to take my young children to watch CWG.
              Jai ho
              MM

Comment

Three Cheers

Three Cheers to games.. it will be successful.. and has given Delhi a lot which it will relish in days to come...

I am going to watch 3 events.. brought tickets for the same..

Hope it becomes a memorable one..

..=============

Comment

hi friends,
                  yesterday went to see what india is talking about today . the cwg opening ceremony. WHAT A SHOW! made each and every indian proud. the aerostat was awesome. the atmosphere was frenzy. yeah despite the long ques, rush in metro, the seating pandemonium,it was worth the effort especially for the kids . so friends those of u who missed the chance go for the closing ceremony .i have heard it will be bigger and better. till then enjoy the games.

Comment

SAARE JAHAAN SE ACHA HINDUSTAN HAMARA. What a start, despite all odds.
                    Now wishing for India to get 100 medals and see impetus of sports in India. which will lead to better sporting development and infra.
                    MM

Comment

This is what we are best at. Forgetting the past, be it 26/11 or corruption in Common Wealth Games.

Aam Indian Aadmi chooses to remain bewkoof!

Did you know that these are the most Expensive Games Ever.

India shifted the balance in its favour in the second round of voting/bidding with a promise that it would provide US$100,000 to each participating country, along with air tickets, boarding, lodging and transport.

SURE A RICH COUNTRY LIKE INDIA WITH 70% OF ITS POPULATION BELOW THE POVERTY LEVEL SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THIS STEP TO SHOWCASE ITS FAKE ATTITUDE TO THE WORLD!

WAKE UP FELLOW CITIZENS.

Business Today magazine estimated that the Games cost exceeded original expectations 70,000 crore (US$15.47 billion). The 2010 Commonwealth Games are the most expensive Commonwealth Games ever.

The opening ceremony wasn’t bad at all. The fireworks were provided by an Australian company and many other special effects/visuals were purchased from foreign countries along with their expertise and personnel.

After all, India wanted to showcase and feel proud of the fact that it has been a colony of the British Empire.

Do some search on Google and you will realize how irrelevant the Commonwealth Games have become. Btw, the games were previously called, BRITISH EMPIRE GAMES.

THIS WAS PROBABLY THE BEST AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE TO THE INDIAN POLITICIANS TO GET AWAY WITH THE MAXIMUM CHUNK OF THE ALLOCATED FUNDS FOR THE COMMONWEALTH GAMES.
                      Last edited by abhi; October 4 2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X