Collapse

Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

Last updated: October 15 2010
50 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

The cost of the Beijing Olympics: €20bn, including new subway lines, an airport terminal, a light railway, roads and sporting venues. The Olympic stadium, nicknamed the Bird's Nest cost £250m, much of which went on the 41,875 tonnes of steel included in the unusual lattice design

CGW is proving to be more expensive then 2008 beijing olympics and 2012 London Olympics.

I hate when I see tax payers money wasted like this. This is height of India shining, Mera Bharat Mahan

Comment

Originally posted by anubhaviit View Post
      The cost of the Beijing Olympics: €20bn, including new subway lines, an airport terminal, a light railway, roads and sporting venues. The Olympic stadium, nicknamed the Bird's Nest cost £250m, much of which went on the 41,875 tonnes of steel included in the unusual lattice design

CGW is proving to be more expensive then 2008 beijing olympics and 2012 London Olympics.

I hate when I see tax payers money wasted like this. This is height of India shining, Mera Bharat Mahan
      Beijing was already developed when they got olympics. But Delhi had to be practically rebuilt. If you see the cost on Commonwealth games, bulk of it is on Civic infrastructure like Metro, Flyovers, Bridges, Roads, Street Lights etc, without which today we cannot even imagine life in Delhi today. All these expenses would anyway have to be done for the capital of the country of the size of India. I am not saying that PPL have not made money in this venture but just that we need to keep things in perspective and see how much we have gained due to all this infrastructure. Just think whether Delhi would not have gone for Metro if there were no commonwealth Games.

Comment

this is my thinking too. are there data somewhere which shows how much was spent on infra(flyovers, bridges, metro , airports) which will benefit general population later on. and game specific projects(stadiums, opening/closing ceremony and similar expenses) which will not be that much beneficial to general population later on.

also what's the story on flat constructed in games village.
        1. who has paid for their construction and their furnishing
        2. will they be sold afterward. if yes who will keep the profits.

Originally posted by mt0587 View Post
        Beijing was already developed when they got olympics. But Delhi had to be practically rebuilt. If you see the cost on Commonwealth games, bulk of it is on Civic infrastructure like Metro, Flyovers, Bridges, Roads, Street Lights etc, without which today we cannot even imagine life in Delhi today. All these expenses would anyway have to be done for the capital of the country of the size of India. I am not saying that PPL have not made money in this venture but just that we need to keep things in perspective and see how much we have gained due to all this infrastructure. Just think whether Delhi would not have gone for Metro if there were no commonwealth Games.

Comment

CWG 2010 opening ceremony has surpassed viewer-ship of Beijing Olympics and IPL.
          I went for a drive last night and honestly Delhi looked better than Singapore.
          Last edited by IGRM; October 5 2010, 02:49 PM. Reason: Dont use bold fonts unnecessarily
          MM

Comment

Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
            this is my thinking too. are there data somewhere which shows how much was spent on infra(flyovers, bridges, metro , airports) which will benefit general population later on. and game specific projects(stadiums, opening/closing ceremony and similar expenses) which will not be that much beneficial to general population later on.

also what's the story on flat constructed in games village.
            1. who has paid for their construction and their furnishing
            2. will they be sold afterward. if yes who will keep the profits.
            Breakup- 10% of the total money has been spent on stadiums, 70% has been spent on infra like flyovers, roads, logistics, hotel rooms and service aptts, airport and station beautification, greenery etc. Balance 20% has been spent on security, logistics etc.

So 80% of money spent will be benefit Delhi in the long term.

The service aptts have been developed by Emaar and will be sold later at a price of minimum 12000psf, starting price of 2.5 crores.
            MM

Comment

so who spent money to build these aptts, emmar or govt.
              Originally posted by Munish Malhautra View Post
              Breakup- 10% of the total money has been spent on stadiums, 70% has been spent on infra like flyovers, roads, logistics, hotel rooms and service aptts, airport and station beautification, greenery etc. Balance 20% has been spent on security, logistics etc.

The service aptts have been developed by Emaar and will be sold later at a price of minimum 12000psf, starting price of 2.5 crores.

Comment

Emaar MGF has spent the money. They got won the contract for development of these flats.
                MM

Comment

YES WE ALL KNOW CWG EXcEEDED EXPENDITURE FAR BEYOND EXPECTATION
                  AND IMAGINATION.
                  YES WE ALL CWG HAS BEEN RENAMED AS CORRUPTIONWALI WALI GAMES.
                  YES WE ALSO KNOW THAT CWG WAS ONCE BRITISH EMPIRE GAMES. AND WE KNEW IT LONG BEFORE GOGGLE WAS INVENTED.WE ALL R WELL READ PEOPLE HERE ...
                  YES WE ALL KNOW THAT THE RELEVANCE OF CWG IS BEING QUESTIONED BY QUITE A FEW. HOWEVER EQUAL NUMBER OF PEOPLE FEEL IT PROVIDE A GOOD PLATFORM FOR INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION .SOME OF THE WORLDS BEST ATHELETE COMPETE HERE. THATS WHY SO MANY COUNTRIES PARTICIPATE
                  YES WE ALL KNOW IT.WHY HARP THE SAME POINT AGAIN AND AGAIN.
                  NOBODY IS IN THE MOOD TO FORGIVE AND FORGET. THAT SHOULD BE DEALT STRICTLY BUT AFTER THE GAME.
                  THE BOTTOMLINE IS THAT ONCE WE(MEANS OUR REPRESENTATIVES) HAVE ASKED FOR AND ACCEPTED TO HOST SUCH A EVENT WE(MEANS US INDIANS
                  )SHOULD GO ALL OUT AND MAKE IT A SUCCESS.
                  FOR ONCE WE SHOULD LET THESE MUCH MARRED GAMES BE GAMES.
                  YES WE SHOULD NOW BE MORE SPORTING BE A GAME FOR THE GAMES.

Comment

The opening ceremony was definitely spectacular. Felt,real proud to be an Indian.

CWG 2010 opening ceremony has surpassed viewer-ship of Beijing Olympics and IPL.
                    I went for a drive last night and honestly Delhi looked better than Singapore.
                    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Your % calculations are not right. You have shown the total is 100% whereas the whole world knows about corruption and kikbacks and why that % is not figured out. I will say this is total 50 % on development and 50 % corruption only.
                      I am too patriotic but that doesnt mean to close eyes to corruption

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X