Collapse

Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

Last updated: October 15 2010
50 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Commonwealth Games and Real Estate of GZB & Noida

I tend to agree. 50 % or more have gone down into the pockets of politicians & bureaucrats.

Originally posted by sharmafire View Post
    Your % calculations are not right. You have shown the total is 100% whereas the whole world knows about corruption and kikbacks and why that % is not figured out. I will say this is total 50 % on development and 50 % corruption only.
    I am too patriotic but that doesnt mean to close eyes to corruption
    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

I think he gave the breakup of money as it has been appropriated by govt. of course more then 50% of money has been eaten by corruption, but that is across the board in all projects related to games.
      Your % calculations are not right. You have shown the total is 100% whereas the whole world knows about corruption and kikbacks and why that % is not figured out. I will say this is total 50 % on development and 50 % corruption only.

Comment

Originally posted by alokgarg View Post
        I think he gave the breakup of money as it has been appropriated by govt. of course more then 50% of money has been eaten by corruption, but that is across the board in all projects related to games.
        Why do you single out the projects related to the games alone. Convey where there are projects completed by any govt body without corruption....

Comment

totally agree. corruption is just a fact of life in India. I was only making the point that money has been spent percentage wise like he is saying and corruption is present in all of those projects.
          Originally posted by mt0587 View Post
          Why do you single out the projects related to the games alone. Convey where there are projects completed by any govt body without corruption....

Comment

Corruption % is something which no one will ever know. Yes we can assume that 50% would have been gobbled up by the babus etc but who will prove this. i wud love to see stern action taken against the criminals.
            MM

Comment

Nothing much would happen, except a few heads would roll. Corruption is a way of life in India & no body would know , actually how much money has been gobbled up.

Let's see who is made the proverbial BAKRA.

Originally posted by Munish Malhautra View Post
              Corruption % is something which no one will ever know. Yes we can assume that 50% would have been gobbled up by the babus etc but who will prove this. i wud love to see stern action taken against the criminals.
              Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                Nothing much would happen, except a few heads would roll. Corruption is a way of life in India & no body would know , actually how much money has been gobbled up.

Let's see who is made the proverbial BAKRA.
                My guess is nobody. our central govt is virtually toothless. if they had some bite things wd not hv become so bad. Yes some private companies wd get bumped around for some time. Emaar MGF might get fined. The bridge guys might get kicked temporarily only to come back lated in some other Avatar, but I doubt anything serious wd happen.

Comment

Good Article

The government said the ongoing Commonwealth Games may add about USD 5 billion to the Indian economy and create about 2.5 million jobs in the next few years.

Inviting the business community of Commonwealth nations to invest in India, Minister of State for Agriculture and Consumer Affairs K V Thomas said opportunities for business during sports events are very large.

"It is estimated that the (Commonwealth) Games will have an economic outcome of close to USD 5 billion over the next few years and succeed in adding 2.5 million new jobs. In fact, we will be gaining from this event for the next many years," Thomas said at the Commonwealth Business Forum in New Delhi.

He said the 12-day-long games will create a new brand image for India as a global player, helping it strengthen and deepen the business partnership with Commonwealth countries.

"The opportunities for business during sports events are very large. In Delhi, itself, the estimates for the city infrastructure, sports venues and other necessities stand at close to USD 10 billion," he said.

Thomas said sectors like agriculture, infrastructure, modern technology, manufacturing and services have huge opportunities and potential for the 71-nation Commonwealth grouping.

"The business opportunities derived from agriculture in India are enormous and not sufficiently exploited by overseas businesses. India has 14 agri zones and is capable of producing a wide variety of grains, fruits and vegetables," he added.

He said India faces a large technology deficit in terms of agriculture productivity.

"Our yields are far lower per unit area than that of other countries. This has implications for companies in technology and machinery, agri inputs such as fertilisers, biotechnology and other areas," Thomas said.

"The absorption capacity of the Indian farming sector for such technology and advanced equipment is high," he said.

He said that with the country's economy likely to grow by over 10 per cent in the next few decades, "This is the time to be in India, this is time to invest in India and this is the time to partner India's development saga."

Two-way trade between India and Commonwealth nations currently stands at about USD 80 billion, which is expected to grow manifold in the coming years.
                  MM

Comment

Total failure

Games are total failure.
                    Follow the link
                    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101005/...onwealth_games

Comment

Booked myself for the hockey semis(bronze) and finale(). Looking forward to the game.

Lets hope India makes it to the last 4
                      MM

Comment

Tags: None
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X