I am working with a PSU having office in Delhi. Looking for a good housing project in Noida (Not Noida Extension) at a reasonable price. There are more than 100 people from my office and another 20-25 people from other office who are waiting since last 8-9 months but not getting the best we are looking for. Most of the people has left the decision on two- three people (I am one of them) to look for the good project.
We three people has analyzed many projects and here are our observation:
Location: We initially preferred the location 75,76,77,78 sectors as it was near to the developed sectors of Noida. However, it has been observed that all these sectors will use the road coming from kalindi kunj via sector 37 to reach Delhi, and this route is very crowded now it self. I don’t what will happen once the new sector of Noida and Noida Extension will get developed. However, I liked various projects for different reasons.
Prateek wisteria: Good location and floor layout but not sure, if they are capable of delivering the project even after two years of delay. The reason for my doubt is relatively new builder, who has not yet deliver any project till date. They have other two big projects in Noida to complete, before this project. Moreover they had good booking (heard from dealers) and have increased their rate recently.
Antriksh Forest: OK Location, OK floor layout (Having big balcony in bigger size flats, though not a great advantage as the carpet area get reduced). Delivered the projects in past but quality is just OK not great. However they have relatively small Project and can complete with a delay of one year. The rates are OK so far. I don’t know about the availability.
Elitz Homes: Location good, floor plan good. Not heard about the builder. Not sure about their capability. In fact the rates are also on higher side.
I am not considering sector 75 project as it is a Township and FSI has been sold to many builders and the delivery capability of Gardenia for such a big project is questionable.
Location: Express way. Never looked at this side, but when we see the huge crowd on the roads leading to sector 75, 76, 77, we thought this to be a good option in future. However, the free access of express way is doubtful. We have seen the sector road parallel to expressway and it is good as the inside sector road of Noida. Some of the projects this side, we considered are as under:
Royal Park: We have seen Silver City Noida and Greater Noida constructed by Purvanchal. Great finishing work and well maintained society. I am sure for one thing that will use good quality material and complete the project in time. Flat layout is good, but the rates are high. More over Sec-137 was not planned earlier as residential sector in master plan of Noida and it has been changed recently by Noida Authority. I have doubts, if Mayawati is not there in next election, such project may face problem.
Logix County: Don’t know much about the builders capability
Paramount: Rates are OK but don’t know about the capability of the builder
Todays Home: Located in slightly developed sector. Layout is just OK. Builder new to Noida, but developed some project in Gurgaon. Rates are OK not very high. Risk is that dealers are not promoting this project and don’t know the booking status.
The other projects nearer to sector 44 are very costly now and we are not considering the same.
Projects in Sector 119,120: There are three projects which are going to be completed in next one to two years like Eldeco Amantran, Amrapli Platinum, Gaur etc also looks ok as the risk is not there. However, I doubt the availability in such a large no. and also the rates may be high.
As we are searching the property since long and I am a regular visitor to this site, I know that there are good no. of people who can help us in selecting the best project suitable for us. I know there are brokers also in this forum, but I don’t mind if they help us in deciding the project of our choice. Our preferred location is still Sector 76, 77 and 78. Some of the builders we are not considering are Supertech, Amrapali and Aditya due to negative feedback on this forum
Read more
110 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • There is one such Co-op society in Sec 51 - Gateway Sahkari Awaas Samiti - made by VSNL employees - About 100 flats. Although the layout of the society is good & open areas are decent, the construction quality is pathetic, there is tonnes of seepage and lifts hardly work. So, its not easy to get a good contractor to do a good job at the right price point. Reputed builders have loads of staff to manage the contractors. Co-op's have to do it themselves.
    But yes, at a 30% lower price, its worth it as someone posted above.

Var_Amit - question: when was the society built? I doubt you could get it done all in 1700 psft at current construction costs.
    CommentQuote
  • It is not an easy job. The biggest factor here is trust, among the members. If u lose trust, things would go haywire. So think about it real hard & then only get into this endeavor.

Originally Posted by alokgarg
    that seems about right. if you are constructing yourself you will save around 30% as there is no builder in between who is in it for the profits. but its not easy and it will take time and a group of people who can trust each other and ready to take responsibility. if you are ready to take that much headache and find a group of similar thinking people, you can certainly go for it. but it will require a lot of planning and meeting with people. that's why these kind of societies generally happen in PSUs and govt offices. as they have time to do all the planning and contacts to get all the clearances cheaply and fast. a new person can not do this fast and cheaply. and anyone working in a private company can just forget about it. we only have weekends free and no govt offices are open then. how many people working in private companies will be willing to take leave to go to govt offices and try for clearances and all the other things that come with it. there is a reason why builder earn the money they do. they bribe everyone and know everyone to get the clearances and permits and lands.
    CommentQuote
  • co-op society

Yes Alok, what you said is correct. It needs lots of time and patience. Most important to have trust on few persons who will take the lead.

Bytheway, we were a society of engineers only. We hired a permanant employee and contractors like for website, advocate for various advices, architect etc as per need.

The society was started in 2007 and we have just started the construction. Its not difficult to get a contractor for 1700/- per sqft for construction.

Thanks,
    Amit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by var_amit
    Let me give you all a better idea about this concept as I am already a member of such society in Hyderabad.

The society is a group of approx 600 people and same number of flats with 11 acres area. Apart from land cost, we gave it to a builder (very reputed sub-contractor) to build apartments at a cost of 1700/- per sqft (inclusive car parking, high quality material and specifications, club house etc).

Yes, we need some experienced guys (need not to be working in real estate) whom all people can trust. Also, it takes sufficient time to get the approval from authorities like high-rise build, airport authority clearance, fire clearance etc.

There may be some case of money laundering as well (as it happened in our case when the leader of the group ran away with lot of money (which was given for land purcahse) and it took about a year to clear things ).

But, end of day if all people take some sort of responsibility, one can get a good quality flat at a cheap rate (30-40%).

Thanks,
    Amit

To make a group of 6 ppl is a matter of lot of pain, than who can think about 600 ppl.
    It is just wastage of time nothing else.
    It is batter to use this time to earn something rather than to think save money using this idea.:bab (4):
    CommentQuote
  • I think Its a gud concept... i am ready for this co-operative society..

one should lead the team and go forward... otherwise it will remain talk only...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Pradyot1315sqf
    Dear Guptaji

According to ur calculations 200 flats of size 1600 sq ft per acre (1 acre =4048 sq m). How funny is it?
    Where is the calculation of common space? I mean Duct, Staircase, Lifts etc etc.
    150 flats means atleast 1.5 X 150 =225 cars.
    How much area it is required for parking.
    What about open space (Park, Play ground etc.)
    and other facilities?

Please look at my calculation, I took into consideration only 40% of the plot area, so 60% is left open for common facilities.

Considering this on a 30000 Sq meter plot, you get a total build able area of around 12888 Sq Foot, now if we go for a 1500 sq feet area flats, than we will get an open area like for stair case, lifts etc around 2000 Sq Feet.
    My calculation were for 150 flats and not for 200. So if you build a 20 floor building then on each floor you get nearly 7.5 flats.

I am quite sure that all these doubts and queries could be worked out... and if you have read today news paper, then government has allowed 60% cover able area and also ground floor can be utilized for parking. It was a very positive news...

Guys please pour in your thoughts.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by var_amit
    Yes Alok, what you said is correct. It needs lots of time and patience. Most important to have trust on few persons who will take the lead.

Bytheway, we were a society of engineers only. We hired a permanant employee and contractors like for website, advocate for various advices, architect etc as per need.

The society was started in 2007 and we have just started the construction. Its not difficult to get a contractor for 1700/- per sqft for construction.

Thanks,
    Amit

Very true Amit, without trust its not possible to do this activity, and I do believe if we would have to construct a house on a plot then we would have taken all the pain in getting things done, so whats the issue in thinking it on a bigger scale.

Its doable all it need is devotion... I am 100% ready to work on this concept... I need just the people and their support... I am replies on my personal id, and I am trying to check if a meeting would be feasible on this weekend...
    CommentQuote
  • this is a very good initiative that you are taking. please keep us updated with your progress. i think we would all learn something from your experiences in getting this thing done from ground state.
    Originally Posted by ashish.gupta
    Very true Amit, without trust its not possible to do this activity, and I do believe if we would have to construct a house on a plot then we would have taken all the pain in getting things done, so whats the issue in thinking it on a bigger scale.

Its doable all it need is devotion... I am 100% ready to work on this concept... I need just the people and their support... I am replies on my personal id, and I am trying to check if a meeting would be feasible on this weekend...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish.gupta
    Hi...

if you are still not selected the best option, then I think you should try one more option. i.e try forming a cooperative society and make your home on your own... it will help you guys in making the design the way you want.. select the location as per your need. As you have 120 peoples with you then I believe it should be the best option, you should give it a try. It might be that you need to stretch a little extra on money, but I believe its worth that.

Further if you don't want to take all the pain, then I am interested in taking the pain, only issue with me is that as of now I managed to have only 8 guys to work on this approach. Now 8 is a very small number, but if you people would like to join me. Then we could have get a home, which is really a home and not a compromise.

Please share your thoughts. I am very actively trying to get more people in my group.

Any suggestion or critique on my approach are most welcome.

Just a little bit about me, I am neither a builder nor a broker, I am working in US MNC, as lead position and I have BTech to my credit from IIT.

I wish to have more hands joining me in my endeavor to have a home.

I am also intrested. My mail id is amittyagi.iitrgmail.com mail me and add me also. I had many friends thinking on these lines.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by seekadvise
    Ajnara is having a corporate plan of Rs. 2635 under flexi plan. Pl. read my initial post. Any one can avail this rate, if they go thru' the dealer. I heard that they are going to revise their rate shortly.

The rates are depandant on demand vs supply. The supply is certainely more than the demand, however it is observed that the builder are increasing their rates after initial 20-25% booking. It has also been observed that after the initial booking, it is not easy for the builder to book in bulk at increased rates.

In view of above, it can be concluded that the rates are dependant of 25% supply Vs 100% demand. Hence, we get a less rate at the launch of the project and hence bulk booking, as the rates increases the no. booking gets dropped. I guess that at least 25-30% inventory is still left with the builder, where they declared that the project is 100% sold out.

Seekadvise-Have u been able to shortlist some projects?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amittyagi.iitr
    I am also intrested. My mail id is amittyagi.iitrgmail.com mail me and add me also. I had many friends thinking on these lines.

Hi amit,

Thanks and welcome to the group, I am not able to understand your email id properly, can you kindly drop me a mail at ashish_sinhalATyahoo.com
    CommentQuote
  • hey
    u can go for max royal sector 76 noida
    excavation already started
    many psu's already booked their flat
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashish.gupta
    Please look at my calculation, I took into consideration only 40% of the plot area, so 60% is left open for common facilities.

Considering this on a 30000 Sq meter plot, you get a total build able area of around 12888 Sq Foot, now if we go for a 1500 sq feet area flats, than we will get an open area like for stair case, lifts etc around 2000 Sq Feet.
    My calculation were for 150 flats and not for 200. So if you build a 20 floor building then on each floor you get nearly 7.5 flats.

I am quite sure that all these doubts and queries could be worked out... and if you have read today news paper, then government has allowed 60% cover able area and also ground floor can be utilized for parking. It was a very positive news...

Dear Gupta Ji

Pl check ur original post. According to ur calculations the size of plot to accommodate 150 flats was 3000 sq m not 30,000 sq m.

If it is 3,000 sq meter than

150 flats in 3,000 sq meter means 200 flats per acre (as 1 acre = 4048 sq m).

Than where are other facilities like play ground, park, lifts, staircase, parking for 150 X 1.5=225 cars etc etc.:bab (59):

and

If it is 30,000 sq meter,

then its cost is Rs 105 Cr :bab (59):not just 10 Cr as per ur calculation. (If Rate of Land is Rs 35,000 per Sq meter )

pl think about ur plan

will it workPlease look at my calculation, I took into consideration only 40% of the plot area, so 60% is left open for common facilities.

Dear Gupta Ji

Pl check ur original post. According to ur calculations the size of plot to accommodate 150 flats was 3000 sq m not 30,000 sq m.

Than where are other facilities like play ground, park, lifts, staircase, parking for 150 X 1.5=225 cars etc etc.:bab (59):

and

then its cost is Rs 105 Cr :bab (59):not just 10 Cr as per ur calculation. (If Rate of Land is Rs 35,000 per Sq meter )

pl think about ur plan

will it work
    CommentQuote
  • Ha Ha Ha

All are Day Dreamers

Guptaji pl add me

me too

mujhse kya dushmani hai

Finally cost will be Rs. 1.2 Cr. if land size is 30,000 sq meter

otherwise

bhool jao ye ek sapna tha
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Pradyot1315sqf
    Originally Posted by ashish.gupta

Dear Gupta Ji

and

pl think about ur plan

will it work

Dear, that extra 0 was added by mistake... the plot size is 3000 sq meter only...

can you kindly tell me if you convert 3000 sq meter to sq foot what will be the area? The scale is
    1 sq meter = 10.7639104 sq feet

Dear, I am not that weak in maths... it was just an extra 0 added by mistake.

I am not a day dreamer, and I know how to achieve my dreams.

Dear, I am not that weak in maths... it was just an extra 0 added by mistake.

I am not a day dreamer, and I know how to achieve my dreams.
    CommentQuote