Getting you from Ghaziabad Border to South Delhi in 20 mins flat - HT

This is one road that promises you faster travel than the Delhi Metro. The opening of Barapullah elevated road has cut down travel time between Anand Vihar to South Delhi in just 20 minutes. A ride in the Delhi metro for the same distance would take at least an hour.The 4.3-km road was constructed over a period of 20 months and provided easy connectivity to athletes travelling from the Games Village to Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium. Project had cost Rs 500 crore and the link was opened to public right after the Commonwealth Games last year.

"The 12-kilometre journey from Ghazipur border to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in south Delhi has now become completely signal free and will not take more than 20 minutes. If you take the Bhairon Road route or the Ashram route, it is at least 45-50 minutes drive" said a senior PWD engineer. If you are travelling by Delhi Metro, it will take at least 40 minutes. While traffic bottlenecks at Ashram crossing and Bhairon Marg traffic intersection add to the travelling time, changing trains at Rajeev Chowk makes travelling by the metro more time consuming and cumbersome. Senior PWD engineers said the road would decongest Ring Road at Ashram and Bhairon Road and some parts of Mathura Road.

Good news is that one more entry and exit points is being constructed to the Lajpat Nagar (before Mulchand Flyover) which will provide alternative entry and exit points for Barapullah Elevated Road. This will be ready by April 2011 and then phase-II will be started in which the road will again be elevated from near the parking at Bhishm Pitamah Marg almost up to INA market. Once all of these new work is over, a large number of people will use the elevated road from Noida/Ghaziabad Border.

The road, said PWD officials has been opened only for bikes , light vehicles and buses. Heavy commercial vehicles like trucks will not be allowed on this stretch.

Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • East to meet south in 10min

East to meet south in 10min

East to meet south in 10min - TOI

New Yamuna Bridge To Extend Barapullah Rd To Mayur Vihar Ruhi Bhasin TNN

New Delhi: A new bridge will be constructed over the Yamuna as part of a plan to extend the Barapullah elevated road up to Mayur Vihar Phase I. It will come up beside the old pontoon bridge between Nizamuddin Bridge on NH-24 and DND Flyway. Work on this nearly 4-km stretch will be taken up in phase-III of the project.
    Currently, the 4.3-km Barapullah road runs from Sarai Kale Khan to JN Stadium. If sanctioned, the extended road will provide signal-free access between Mayur Vihar and AIIMS. Second phase entails elevation of the stretch from Bhishma Pitamah Marg till INA Market and connecting it to more areas through slip roads. The project has been approved and awaits fund allocation.
    “This proposal has to be placed before the Cabinet for approval. After this, a consultant will be appointed to carry out a feasibility study to fix the alignment under phase-III. The consultant will carry out surveys and geo-technical and hydraulic investigations. A detailed project report will then be prepared,’’ said a PWD official.
    The extended road from Sarai Kale Khan will terminate at either Mayur Vihar Phase-I crossing or Star City Mall across the Yamuna. “Travel time from east to south Delhi will be reduced to 10 minutes. After getting all approvals, construction will take at least five years,’’ said an official.
    The civic body said it was hoping to begin work on phase-II by this year-end. “Funds have to be allocated by the government for phase-II under which the elevated road will be extended from Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium to Aurobindo Marg near INA Market,’’ said an official. The approximate cost of phase-I and II is Rs 1,202 crore. The new bridge is being made as per the Master Plan 2021.
    Besides the two slip roads being constructed at Lala Lajpat Rai Marg under phase-I, more slip roads will be made along the elevated road to improve connectivity. “Under phase II, more slip roads will be constructed so that people can enter and exit the elevated road from more areas. Slip roads will connect the road with Ashram and DND. Two more slip roads will be made at Lala Lajpat Rai Marg,” said an official. One of the slip roads will enable traffic movement from JN Stadium to Lala Lajpat Rai Marg while the other will be for traffic moving towards Oberoi Hotel.
    Of the two slip roads being constructed under phase-I, the exit slip road near Moolchand should be ready by this month-end. It will provide easy access to people heading towards Greater Kailash, Jangpura, Defence Colony and Lajpat Nagar. Till now, commuters could only get off the elevated road near JN Stadium. But the other slip road, which was supposed to provide access to the elevated road from Lala Lajpat Rai Marg towards Sarai Kale Khan, is not likely to be ready before the monsoon.
    The Barapullah elevated road was constructed in 20 months at a cost of Rs 500 crore. It was meant to provide easy connectivity to Commonwealth Games athletes while travelling from the Games Village to the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium.
    GO EAST ON FAST LANE
    Phase-III involves extension of Barapullah elevated road from Sarai Kale Khan to Mayur Vihar Phase-I The alignment being looked at requires an additional bridge on Yamuna New bridge will be built between Nizamuddin Bridge on NH-24 and DND Flyway along the alignment of old pontoon bridge The bridge will either descend near Mayur Vihar Phase-I crossing or Star City Mall
    Travel time between south & east Delhi will go down by 10 min
    Project requires Cabinet approval after which a consultant will be appointed for feasibility study to fix alignment
    Construction will take five years after approvals
    In the ongoing phase-II, the road will be extended till INA Market and will descend opposite Dilli Haat

CommentQuote
  • Old but indeed a great news for ghaziabad RE!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nishant2hit
    Old but indeed a great news for ghaziabad RE!

In 2nd post I posted here today news from TOI. 2 more phase (4KM & 5KM long) of Barapulla Flyover has also been approved by Delhi Government , it will take 5 years to complete and after that anyone can definitely reach from East Delhi or GZB Border to Lajpat Nagar / South X / Lodhi Road / AIIMS in flat 15 Min Max. This time several slip roads also being developed. Read 2nd post which has latest today TOI news with big extension further plans of Barapulla Flyover.
    CommentQuote
  • Barapulla Flyover :: Link road to Lajpat Nagar still delayed by 3 Month

Once this link road finished in next 3 Month then we can reach GZB border (Ghaziapur) to Lajpat Nagar , Mulchand , Nehru Place , GK only in 25-30 Minutes Max (any time).
    CommentQuote
  • These look good but!!

These look good but let me tell u an incident that happened with me last evening in a sequence of events-
    -I had to attend my bro-in-laws 47th bday at in house in gzb.
    -We started at 6.30 in the evening from noida sec-36.
    -It took us 15 mins to reach NH-24 crossing(Shipra mall), ie 6.45pm.After that it was a nightmare.
    -We stood at the signal for 45 mins, till 7.30pm.
    -Finally we moved from the signal reached the 1st crossing which takes us to IP, took us another 15 mins, time was 7.45pm.
    -Then reached 2nd crossing which takes back to Noida, took us a further of 15 mins, time was 8pm.
    -We moved further and reached Hindon, took another 15 minutes. Time was 8.15pm.
    At this point we decided to head back home as it would have taken us another 1 hr at this speed to reach their house in Kavi Nagar.

What i am pointing out is that for a mere 3 kms of on NH-24 yesterday it took us 1hr30 mins.

We reached home before 9pm hence back in just 20 mins or so.

What else should i say now.:bab (6):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra
    These look good but let me tell u an incident that happened with me last evening in a sequence of events-
    -It took us 15 mins to reach NH-24 crossing(Shipra mall), ie 6.45pm.After that it was a nightmare.
    -Finally we moved from the signal reached the 1st crossing which takes us to IP, took us another 15 mins, time was 7.45pm.
    -Then reached 2nd crossing which takes back to Noida, took us a further of 15 mins, time was 8pm.
    At this point we decided to head back home as it would have taken us another 1 hr at this speed to reach their house in Kavi Nagar.

What i am pointing out is that for a mere 3 kms of on NH-24 yesterday it took us 1hr30 mins.

NH-24 is really a big traffic jam point (that why CR goes down), there is no doubt in it... At this time best for going Delhi or even Noida 18, I think Vaishali Metro - Ghaziapur - Akashardham - DND/IG/Barapulla. This is my POV, always avoid NH-24... NH-24 after Vaishali Metro cut is 8 land and no Traffic Jam.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by saurabh2011
    NH-24 is really a big traffic jam point (that why CR goes down), there is no doubt in it... At this time best for going Delhi or even Noida 18, I think Vaishali Metro - Ghaziapur - Akashardham - DND/IG/Barapulla. This is my POV, always avoid NH-24... NH-24 after Vaishali Metro cut is 8 land and no Traffic Jam.

Yes we realised that and even thot of taking a detour from mohan nagar. but we got stuck so badly that we couldnt move an inch.
    NH-24 badly needs expansion. I am sure it is bound to happen very soon since there is REAL NEED.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Munish Malhautra

MM Bhai,

I completely agree with you, as I have faced it many times.
    Sec 62 road, from Fortis to NH 24 T Point & Indirapuram CISF T Point, both are an ultimate death traps. Once you enter you can't go anywhere, neither move an inch.
    Next time if you need to come to Gzb from Noida, follow the Hindon Cut Canal Route, which starts from Kondli and ends at Hindon bridge. Then take a U Turn from Hindon Bridge, enter NH58 Bypass road and you are in Ghaziabad.
    After Noida border red light, this route is completely signal free, and from the start to end of hindon bridge, it would hardly take 20-25 mins MAX during office hours.
    My wifey uses this route everyday while returning from office in Sec 63 to RNE, and using this, she is home in not more than 45 mins during peak hours.
    CommentQuote
  • TOLL FREE BEST Elevated Route for South Delhi Going to be more Extended

Barapullah elevated road, which starts at Sarai Kale Khan and ends at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium near Lodhi Road, will now be extended to INA market.

According to government officials, the plan to extend the second phase of the elevated corridor has got clearance from the Delhi Urban Arts Commission -an apex body to maintain the city's aesthetics -the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and the Unified Traffic and Transportation Infrastructure (Planning and Engineering) Centre (UTTIPEC).

The proposal will now be tabled in the Delhi Cabinet for a go-ahead and the Public Works Department (PWD) hopes to start work on the 3.7-kilometre stretch by March. Currently, the stretch -used by those travelling from Sarai Kale Khan towards central and south Delhi -ends at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium.
    From that point, one has now to take either a road towards INA or Sarojini Nagar/Prem Nagar.

Once the elevated road is linked with INA, driving from Sarai Kale Khan to INA, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Green Park, Hauz Khas and other surrounding areas will get faster and smoother.

The 4.53km-long corridor has proved to be a vital link between east Delhi and central-south Delhi as travelling time has reduced to nearly 10 minutes.

According to officials, more than 40,000 people use the elevated road every day.

“The project will be tabled before the cabinet for clearance.
    Once that is done, we will float tenders and award work. We hope to start work by March,“ said a PWD official.

The R550-crore project has been in the pipeline for quite some time. The PWD also hopes to make the Moolchand slip road of the Barapullah road functional from February and another road leading to Lajpat Rai Marg from April (EDIT: This is New Slip road to be Ready at barapulla in 4 month.... then it will be the traffic free smooth & best route for also going to Mulchand/Lajpat Nagar/Nehru Place from GZB Anand Vihar Border, Maximum 15 minutes anytime....).

“The two new LOOPs connecting the Barapullah road with Lala Lajpat Rai Marg wil ensure that accessibility wit many south Delhi areas gets better,“ added the official.
    CommentQuote
  • बारापूला की स्लिप रोड ट्रैफिक के लिए खुली
    नवभारत टाइम्स | Mar 17, 2012, 06.00AM IST

नई दिल्ली।। बारापूला एलिवेटेड रोड को लाला लाजपत राय मार्ग से कनेक्ट करने के लिए बनाई गई करीब 350 मीटर लंबी स्लिप रोड को शुक्रवार से जनरल ट्रैफिक के लिए खोल दिया गया। चूंकि इन दिनों एमसीडी चुनावों के कारण आचार संहिता लागू है , इसलिए बिना किसी औपचारिक सेरेमनी के बहुत ही खामोशी के साथ इस स्लिप रोड पर वाहनों की एंट्री शुरू कर दी गई।

इस स्लिप रोड के खुलने का सबसे ज्यादा फायदा ईस्ट दिल्ली से लाजपत नगर या मूलचंद की तरफ जाने वालों को मिलेगा , जिन्हें अब रिंग रोड और डीएनडी फ्लाईओवर के अलावा एक और विकल्प मिल जाएगा। गौरतलब है कि एनबीटी ने सबसे पहले पिछले रविवार को ही यह खुलासा कर दिया था कि शुक्रवार या शनिवार तक यह स्लिप रोड ट्रैफिक के लिए खोल दी जाएगी।

पीडब्ल्यूडी के अधिकारियों ने बताया कि शुक्रवार की सुबह से स्लिप रोड को ट्रैफिक के लिए खोल दिया गया है। अब नियमित रूप से वाहन यहां से गुजर सकेंगे। ट्रैफिक पुलिस और स्थानीय कॉलोनी के लोगों ने स्लिप रोड से उतरने वाले वाहनों की स्पीड को नियंत्रित करने के लिए जो सुझाव दिए थे , उन पर अमल करते हुए पीडब्ल्यूडी ने स्लिप रोड के ढलान पर रंबल स्ट्रिप्स और कैट्स आईज से लैस स्पीड ब्रेकर लगाए हैं। साथ ही लाला लाजपत राय मार्ग और स्लिप रोड के मर्जिंग पॉइंट पर टेबल टॉप स्पीड ब्रेकर भी बनाया गया है।

एलिवेटेड रोड के ऊपर स्लिप रोड के एंट्री पॉइंट के पास और पूरी स्लिप रोड के किनारे कई रोड साइनेज भी लगाए गए हैं। स्लिप रोड पर स्ट्रीट लाइट्स भी लगा दी गई हैं। स्लिप रोड से सटे जंगपुरा एक्सटेंशन की सर्विस रोड के किनारे अस्थायी बाउंड्री वॉल भी बना दी गई है। लाला लाजपत राय मार्ग और स्लिप रोड का ट्रैफिक आपस में टकराए ना , इसके लिए मर्जिंग पॉइंट के आसपास बोलार्ड भी लगा दिए गए हैं।
    CommentQuote
  • नोएडा सिटी सेंटर से गुड़गांव सिटी सेंटर का सफर अब और तब

हुडा सिटी सेंटर
    35 स्टेशनों से होकर गुजरना पड़ता है अब तक
    19 स्टेशनों से गुजरना होगा तीसरे चरण में
    145 मिनट का समय सफर तय करने में लगता है
    57 मिनट में किया जा सकेगा सफर तय
    2 इंटरचेंजों से बदलनी पड़ती है मेट्रो
    2 इंटरचेंज ही होंगे तीसरे चरण में भी

नोएडा सिटी सेंटर से बदरपुर का सफर अब और तब
    33 स्टेशनों से होकर गुजरना पड़ता है अब तक
    13 स्टेशनों से होकर गुजरना होगा तीसरे चरण में
    सिमटेगी दूरी, घंटों का सफर हो जाएगा आधा
    99 मिनट का समय सफर तय करने में लगता है
    39 मिनट में किया जा सकेगा सफर तय
    3 इंटरचेंजों से बदलनी पड़ती है मेट्रो
    2 इंटरचेंज ही होंगे तीसरे चरण में

नोएडा, गाजियाबाद के पास होेंगे गुड़गांव-फरीदाबाद
    नोएडा। मेट्रो रेल परियोजना का तीसरा चरण एनसीआर के बीच सफर करने वाले लाखों दैनिक यात्रियों के लिए लाइफ लाइन साबित होगा। तीसरे चरण में मेट्रो का विस्तार होने के बाद एनसीआर की दूरी सिमटकर बेहद कम रह जाएगी। नोएडा, गाजियाबाद (वैशाली) व पूर्वी दिल्ली से गुड़गांव और फरीदाबाद के बीच घंटों का सफर मिनटों में तय किया जा सकेगा।
    मेट्रो रेल परियोजना के तीसरे चरण का प्रारूप तैयार करने के बाद दिल्ली मेट्रो रेल निगम (डीएमआरसी) ने अध्ययन किया तो पता चला कि नोएडा से द्वारका (लाइन-3) और गुड़गांव से जहांगीरपुरी (लाइन-2) पर रोजाना 12 लाख यात्री सफर करते हैं। जिनमें से पांच लाख यात्रियों को राजीव चौक से इंटरचेंज लेना पड़ता है।

इनमें से दो लाख से ज्यादा यात्री रोजाना नोएडा, गुड़गांव और फरीदाबाद के बीच सफर करते हैं। आवागमन की बेहतर सुविधा न होने से सफर के दौरान घंटों समय की बर्बादी होती है। मेट्रो रेल परियोजना के तीसरे चरण के तहत 2016 में प्रस्तावित 36 किलोमीटर लंबा जनकपुरी वेस्ट-बोटेनिकल गार्डन कॉरिडोर एनसीआर के शहरों को बेहद नजदीक ला देगा।

गाजियाबाद (वैशाली) से बदरपुर का सफर अब और तब
    30 स्टेशनों से होकर गुजरना पड़ता है अब तक
    18 स्टेशनों से गुजरना होगा तीसरे चरण में
    90 मिनट का समय सफर तय करने में लगता है
    54 मिनट में किया जा सकेगा सफर तय
    3 इंटरचेंजों से बदलनी पड़ती है मेट्रो
    3 इंटरचेंज ही होंगे तीसरे चरण में भी

झंझट से छुटकारा
    अध्ययन के मुताबिक कालका जी मंदिर और हौजखास मेट्रो स्टेशन को इंटरचेंज बनाए जाने के बाद करीब 2.70 लाख यात्री राजीव चौक जाने से बचेंगे। नोएडा-गुड़गांव के यात्री राजीव चौक न जाकर हौजखास इंटरचेंज का प्रयोग कर सकेंगे। जबकि नोएडा से फरीदाबाद जाने वाले यात्री राजीव चौक और केंद्रीय सचिवालय से बार-बार मेट्रो बदलने से बच सकेंगे और कालकाजी मंदिर इंटरचेंज से सीधे फरीदाबाद जा सकेंगे।

कहां कितना दबाव
    हौजखास 1.70 लाख
    राजौरी गार्डन 1.57 लाख
    कालका जी 1.00 लाख
    मंडी हाउस 70 हजार
    नेताजी सुभाष पैलेस 35 हजार

-Amar Ujala
    CommentQuote