I had posted a similar thread in the coffee lounge but did not get any response, so trying again in this section.
Though there is a good 3-4 months time before I can start thinking of furniture for my new 2bhk home in RNE, I still have no clue where to go for
furniture.
My only experince is Home Town, GIP Mall,Noida which I am sure is expensive. I also hear a lot about Style Spa but again, these are branded stores and I believe all that marketing and advertising costs are added to products cost at the end.
My neighbours suggested Kirti Nagar, Delhi but what I hear it is too full of Branded stores.

I was wondering where can i find the "local" furniture shops who can customize and build according to my tastes. It would be great if someone can refer me to such carpenters and/or shops in Ghaziabad/Noida.
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Kirti nagar

Hi, why do n't you try Kirti nagar? I bought most of stuffs from there. If you are interested I can provide you a shop number.
    CommentQuote
  • Shops in Ghaziabad

Check out few shops in Nehru nagar, Ramte Ram road ....
    http://in.local.yahoo.com/ramte-ram-road-ghaziabad/furniture/s/kwq-1/
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prodigy
    I had posted a similar thread in the coffee lounge but did not get any response, so trying again in this section.
    Though there is a good 3-4 months time before I can start thinking of furniture for my new 2bhk home in RNE, I still have no clue where to go for
    furniture.
    My only experince is Home Town, GIP Mall,Noida which I am sure is expensive. I also hear a lot about Style Spa but again, these are branded stores and I believe all that marketing and advertising costs are added to products cost at the end.
    My neighbours suggested Kirti Nagar, Delhi but what I hear it is too full of Branded stores.

I was wondering where can i find the "local" furniture shops who can customize and build according to my tastes. It would be great if someone can refer me to such carpenters and/or shops in Ghaziabad/Noida.

Ofcourse Branded shops are for deep pockets & people having deep pockets wont live in RNE at presently. I am also in same boat. I think I will get my flat after six months. i am waiting for KDP's phase 1 posession 1250 SFT. In which society You are expecting your posession & what is the area just for my curosity. I have also made a list of my would be furniture for my flat. I wont go for 100% new furniture. Some items I have which I can think will be fine for my new home. I will be taking one sofa, dining & a shoe closet. Thats all I need. I had a good experience with Kirti nagar market. I will go there only. You have to do a lot of good leg work there but U can easily get good quality furniture. Go there in morning without taking ur car. Dedicate the whole day & U will get good result by evening. I have not got any good but reasonable shop in GBD. Either furniture is cheap with poor quality in GBD or very highly priced moderate quality or branded shops with lot of extra money. Moderate type furniture is also available at reasonable price in Mahila Colony nGandhi Near Gandhi Nagar. I m not at all satisfied with Punchkuian. These are just my personnal POV.

I m also looking for modular kitchen & wardrobe Fabricator But could not concluded yet how to go about. But have a sufficient time to do R&D. If you have any idea for that U plz suggest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mohanpruthi
    Ofcourse Branded shops are for deep pockets & people having deep pockets wont live in RNE at presently. I am also in same boat. I think I will get my flat after six months. i am waiting for KDP's phase 1 posession 1250 SFT. In which society You are expecting your posession & what is the area just for my curosity. I have also made a list of my would be furniture for my flat. I wont go for 100% new furniture. Some items I have which I can think will be fine for my new home. I will be taking one sofa, dining & a shoe closet. Thats all I need. I had a good experience with Kirti nagar market. I will go there only. You have to do a lot of good leg work there but U can easily get good quality furniture. Go there in morning without taking ur car. Dedicate the whole day & U will get good result by evening. I have not got any good but reasonable shop in GBD. Either furniture is cheap with poor quality in GBD or very highly priced moderate quality or branded shops with lot of extra money. Moderate type furniture is also available at reasonable price in Mahila Colony nGandhi Near Gandhi Nagar. I m not at all satisfied with Punchkuian. These are just my personnal POV.

I m also looking for modular kitchen & wardrobe Fabricator But could not concluded yet how to go about. But have a sufficient time to do R&D. If you have any idea for that U plz suggest.

Mine is a 1290 sq ft 2BHK + Store in SVP Gulmohur Garden. Possesion status is similar to KDP, around 6-9 months. It is not about if you can afford branded shops or not and it is also nothing to do with living in RNE. Infact, it is naive to think only people on shoe string budget are moving to RNE.

IMO, we are paying a premium for branded furniture which basically cover advertising, marketing and showroom costs... the quality of actual product might be marginally better than local furniture.

I will look at Kirti Nagar market and also Ram Ramte market. I would personally prefer to get wood work done in RR or aother GZB market which is 5-7 kms from home rather than in KN which is 30 kms away.

Let me see, if i am not confortable or confident with local furnitures, i might opt for Home Town or Style Spa.. Peace of mind is very important for me
    CommentQuote
  • Kirti Nagar , Tilak Nagar DELHI has one of the very best furniture market of NCR , Direct Metro is available form Vaishali GZB for both of these places and better to check furniture in these markets first. Local Furniture makers provide much better designs then company branded furniture of even double rates. Its all about choice nothing related to price, when person is purchasing 25-30L home then if he want then can also purchase 3Lac furniture (company) or 1.5Lac furniture (local). My brother in law purchased 1 Caror Ansal Villa 3 years before in GGN Sushat Loc but in place of branded furniture he prefer Tilak Nagar Local vendor furniture (and that is really superb). Any good local furniture vendor also ship furniture anywhere in NCR. Bargaining is also high in furniture shops of Kirti Nagar , Tilak Nagar DELHI.

Ghaziabad is populated city and I am sure lots of furniture shops will be there but do not know their addresses, but for other ladies purchases TURAB NAGAR Market near Ghanta G.har is very good place for shopping.

Lots of Branded furniture malls are there in GZB, Delhi but again its personal, and I do not like branded furniture a lots. But if Modular Kitchen to make then only take company fitted branded Modular Kitchen because their materiel & stainless steel is good compared to local carpenters.
    CommentQuote
  • I will definetely visit Kirti Nagar.. My only concern is that since I don't know any carpenter or shop personally. Can I just simply walk up to any furniture store in KN which looks pleasing to the eye and buy it from there. Is it that simple. :bab (38):

I am sure, there too there must be good shops and not so good shops. how to identify them ? I am hoping, some of the members must have been there to KN and must be knowing good shops, with whom they had good experiences.

Please feel free to PM the details. I'll go to KN and visit those shops
    CommentQuote
  • Just go to kirti nagar...and buy from any local shops they will give u good quality and reasonable prices...I bought 3.5 yrs back and am happy ...even though we paid 5000 for transport it was still cheap and better quality
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by a.bhardwaj
    Yes Kirti Nagar is good. It is a huge market and you will get various options with different budget options. Don't hesitate to negotiate upto 30-40%.

Don't hesitate to negotiate upto 30-40%.
    CommentQuote