Hi all,

One of my friend wants to purchase a 2 BHK (1130 Sqft) in River heights (RTM).

He has been offered the best quote after negotiation as 29 Lac all inclusive.

The flat is on 7th floor, does not have any PLC and the flat faces other tower.

I have advised my friend to negotiate further to atmost 27 Lac, since this flat has no PLC and faces another tower, i think 27 would be a fair price for this.

What are the views of members here? Should he go ahead with this deal at 29 lac or is there further scope for negotiation.
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by dceite
    Hi all,

I have advised my friend to negotiate further to atmost 27 Lac, since this flat has no PLC and faces another tower, i think 27 would be a fair price for this.

What are the views of members here? Should he go ahead with this deal at 29 lac or is there further scope for negotiation.

If it includes one parking & RTM i think fair enough. But better if You can save one lac more
    CommentQuote
  • 7th Floor , No PLC , and society is River heights whose internal quality of floors , walls finishing , tiles , kitchen..... are not very good (just so so). Generally it looks more negotiation can made but problem is that builder is Landcraft which has good reputation and society is RTM from last 1.5 years and in most of the flats public are living hence very less chance to give further negotiation . Good location is also a factor.

Lets try if more discount can be get, in my opinion it will not be very easy.
    CommentQuote
  • If RTM & Location of the project is main concern then 29 Lacs also not bad. When you are done with the deal please let the forum also know for how much you could strike the deal. Best of Luck.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dceite
    Hi all,

Does 29L all inclusive includes Registry and Service Tax aswell? Remember both should be the part of deal, and not be exclusive, as none of the builder(unlike earlier during Indirapuram times, when people used to pay registry after 1-2 years of getting possession) give you the keys of the flat, untill you pay the registry directly to the builder.(This has been mandated by GDA to all the builders)

Also please request your friend to cross check about the water logging issues inside the society. As River Heights was the 1st society in RNE, it was actually built much before the NH58 Bypass aswell. When the highway was made, it was made at-least 7-8 Ft above the ground floor of River Heights.
    Since last 2 monsoons, I am observing acute water logging inside the society up-to 2 Ft, and the maintenance agency has to use pumps, to get the water out.

On the negotiation, the best way to bring the builder down is not now, but once you have finally made up your mind, and wants to book the flat 100%., Go with cheque-Book and all the necessary documents required for the booking formalities. Write the name if the Builder on the cheque, write the date, and that it. Just before writing the amount, negotiate as much as you can. You can easily get him down to at-least 27.5 to 28L. Make sure you start with 27L, so that at any cost you close at 28L.

When the sales guy knows he is about to close a deal, he would never ever let it go at any cost, and would surely accept your terms, after taking the required approval from his senior authorities. All you have to be sure, is being Patient, and keep on asking for more discount, and eat up his head. At the end, he would give up, and surrender to your figure :bab (38):

PS: Through same trick I was able to get a very good deal Ashiana Palm Court.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your inputs.

I will definitly ask my friend to relook at the waterlogging issue.

I am pretty sure the deal offered to him is excluding ST and registry. I have not come across any builder which is quoting allinclusive price as inclusive of ST and registry.

Definitely would ask him to try more negotiation here, and update this thread accordingly.

As per me given the kind of negative issues of River heights, anything more than ~ 2400psqft all inclusive (except ST and registry) is not acceptable.
    CommentQuote
  • when the dealer says all inclusive.. it means BSP + PLC + Parking + Electricity + bla bla ...
    they don't include service tax and registry as they are GDA, Govt headaches and not concerned to builders.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prodigy
    when the dealer says all inclusive.. it means BSP + PLC + Parking + Electricity + bla bla ...
    they don't include service tax and registry as they are GDA, Govt headaches and not concerned to builders.

Understood, however after all that's the total money which would go out of your pocket. Moreover since last 3 years, GDA has mandated all the builder's during their map approval, that they need to collect the Registry Amount directly from end customer and submit it to GDA.

Earlier people were getting their registry done after 2-3 years of taking possession, and there was no hurry even from the builder's side. Specially the people who use to delay the most, were the end users.

This caused GDA a lots of revenue loss, as their prediction to earn certain money thru registries went wrong, as people were not getting their registry done, by the time of taking the flat.
    Therefore GDA made this compulsion. and now you have to pay the registry amount before you get the keys.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All, I have a point to make regaring service tax issue. As per my knowledge Service tax is to be charged only on the under construction societies and is not applicable on the RTM apartments and societies. Please research thoroughly on the subject as i have seen builders quoting and charging service tax when its not applicable.
    I suggest to all the buyer's looking for RTM properties to do a proper research on the service tax issue before ageering on the same with the builder. You can even consult a lawyer on the same. This would help you in negotiating better.............
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vagarg
    Hi All, I have a point to make regaring service tax issue. As per my knowledge Service tax is to be charged only on the under construction societies and is not applicable on the RTM apartments and societies. Please research thoroughly on the subject as i have seen builders quoting and charging service tax when its not applicable.
    I suggest to all the buyer's looking for RTM properties to do a proper research on the service tax issue before ageering on the same with the builder. You can even consult a lawyer on the same. This would help you in negotiating better.............

Service tax is applicable to all new societies, which are completed after May 2011. The service tax is only applicable to the 1st Allotee. If you are buying a flat in a new society on resale, then service tax is not applicable.
    CommentQuote
  • Deal in Landcraft River Heights - June 2012

On the same lines as dceite has asked, can you guys please advise me on the below deal with any merits/demerits:

1. 1180 sqft -2BHK - Land craft river heights - RTM for Rs 35L all inclusive.
    2. This includes 1 covered car parking, 2 two wheeler parking and 2nd Floor
    3. Only registry charges have to be borne by me + no wood work so have to spend 2-3 lacs for just wood work.
    4. Therefore including all of the prices and extra furnishings, I have to spend 40 lacs for this RTM 2BHK flat at River Heights in RNE.

So I want to ask :
    a. Whether this is worth a deal and should I go ahead?
    b. What are the prevailing prices of RTM flat in RNE (in river heights or otherwise in different societies)
    c. Is there any scope of bargain or negotiation which I can do with the seller.
    d. Any issues like water logging, road side huge noise pollution, law and order, electricity, maintenance, power backup , security guards, etc

your inputs will be highly valuable and will help me to save some bucks atleast
    CommentQuote